1. #1
    Stood in the Fire Nekrotix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Light's Hope Cathedral
    Posts
    377

    Creepy Girl Picture in Gilneas

    So I was wandering around in Gilneas and noticed this weird picture of a girl? But it's not just that she was there, it was the fact that she actually blinks. The Painting BLINKS.

    I wanna know... What's up with this?
    Arator deserves the Ashbringer.

  2. #2
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    19,232
    Plenty of paintings like that in the game, it began with some in Karazhan back in TBC.

    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  3. #3
    Tey stratholme the eyes follow you.
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

  4. #4
    Stood in the Fire Nekrotix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Light's Hope Cathedral
    Posts
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by wrathblade View Post
    Tey stratholme the eyes follow you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Plenty of paintings like that in the game, it began with some in Karazhan back in TBC.
    The difference is that Gilneas isn't a very... Creepy place. Stratholme and Karazhan have pictures like that because they're haunted by the ghosts of the past. What I'm wondering is that if this implies that Gilneas is also haunted?
    Arator deserves the Ashbringer.

  5. #5
    Scarab Lord Frumpy Frumpy Frak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Malben, 'Strailya
    Posts
    4,231
    I'm sure everywhere's a little bit haunted.

    It could also just be enchanted.

    There's a sucker born every minute.

  6. #6
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    19,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekrotix View Post
    The difference is that Gilneas isn't a very... Creepy place. Stratholme and Karazhan have pictures like that because they're haunted by the ghosts of the past. What I'm wondering is that if this implies that Gilneas is also haunted?
    Gilneas is basically a Tim Burton wonderland, I'd say they went for "rather creepy".

    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekrotix View Post
    The difference is that Gilneas isn't a very... Creepy place. Stratholme and Karazhan have pictures like that because they're haunted by the ghosts of the past. What I'm wondering is that if this implies that Gilneas is also haunted?
    Mage place has them too. Its like harry potter feeling in a way.
    #bluelivesmatter

  8. #8
    No other reason to this than making the place look cool or follow a certain theme. No lore reason or anything like that. Just easter eggs.

    Same with the windows in Gilneas. Sometimes you see a dark silhouette appearing inside and then disappear.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekrotix View Post
    The difference is that Gilneas isn't a very... Creepy place. Stratholme and Karazhan have pictures like that because they're haunted by the ghosts of the past. What I'm wondering is that if this implies that Gilneas is also haunted?
    It was probably just a reused asset and the people putting in the props probably didn't realize it blinked.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Gilneas is basically a Tim Burton wonderland, I'd say they went for "rather creepy".
    Not really. That's what England used to actually look alike.

    Btw Where is the painting in question?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Not really. That's what England used to actually look alike according to Hollywood movies featuring Sherlock Holmes and/or Jack the Ripper.
    FTFY. Gilneas resembles Olde England like John Wayne movies resembles the Wild West. In other words, not at all.

  12. #12
    Scarab Lord Kurgath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Mardum
    Posts
    4,161
    Scholomance had them back in Classic.

  13. #13
    Titan Arrashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Beautiful city of Duwang
    Posts
    13,359
    Even horde barn has one after full upgrade in garrison. Perhaps that one painter is super popular.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by j0ust View Post
    FTFY. Gilneas resembles Olde England like John Wayne movies resembles the Wild West. In other words, not at all.
    Well as someone who was brought up in a 14th century home I disagree. If you look around stratford-on-avon they got a lot of the details right.

    Now the mockney accents...

  15. #15
    Elemental Lord Arafal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    in the darkest corners of the universe
    Posts
    8,264
    its just an enchanted painting.

    Main:Holy Priest / Legendaries:4 / Current Item lvl:905.56 / ToS-AotC:Not Achieved

  16. #16
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    19,232
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Not really. That's what England used to actually look alike.

    Btw Where is the painting in question?
    .... Hardly! Gilneas is an american idea of what an extremely stylized Victorian London would look like.

    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  17. #17
    Merely a Setback Winter Blossom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Winter is here.
    Posts
    27,352
    Whenever I'm in an inn or building I usually look around at the pictures and knick knacks. Some of the painitngs can get pretty risqué.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •