Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I wouldn't waste my time. I certainly don't play.

I stopped updating this thread in February as I've been focusing on some RL issues. It's long, and a lot of threads I mentioned/linked have been closed/deleted/comments removed.

http://wockster.com/mmo-news/rift-st...morpg-opinion/

RIFT is just a complete and utter failure. A bug-ridden, unfinished, dying population, P2W (yes, you can PAY to roll for a chance at more loot) mess. From top management, CM's to third-rate devs who don't appear to even be able to get LFR working, to their streamer that is so heavily sponsored, he has like US$2000 in his RIFT account. Pretty much any positive review on RIFT appears to be sponsored.

With numerous other games offering vastly superior F2P models, much, much better quality (and working) content, why the heck would you waste your bandwidth on RIFT or anything by Trion for that matter?

ps. All the content/featurs promised at release (which was an obscenely small amount) is STILL not in the game almost a year later. Classes aren't even balanced, yet - not that it matters because more has been taken away from PvP than added. Rift is a joke. Try it if you feel like a laugh.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2017-06-22 at 09:19 PM.

★ twitter @WockyCC ★ youtube WockyCC ★ blog WOCKSTER.com
    ► Scary Real Life stuff: my girlfriend shoots at home intruders

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    So releasing an expansion without any raid content is fine?
    Yes i heard Raiding is essential in every MMO, hey i hear Pokomon Go are introducing Gym Raids soon, maybe you as a Mythic Raider and 'enthusiastic' supporter of WoW and it's raids can lend them some expert advice, i'd be honored to show you the way

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ead-Pokemon-GO

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Price got reduced to £15.49. Half the price and it's not even a year old.
    It's as if the Steam Summer sale started yesterday, **gasp** mind blown to see an item on Steam Store reduced during the Steam Summer sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Yes i heard Raiding is essential in every MMO, hey i hear Pokomon Go are introducing Gym Raids soon, maybe you as a Mythic Raider and 'enthusiastic' supporter of WoW and it's raids can lend them some expert advice, i'd be honored to show you the way

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ead-Pokemon-GO

It's as if the Steam Summer sale started yesterday, **gasp** mind blown to see an item on Steam Store reduced during the Steam Summer sale.
    It was at 15.49 before the sale. And sale items have a line right through them. Also at the time I even stated that the price had dropped the sale hadn't begun. So again the game has been reduced and it's not even a year old. But let's see who is right....

http://store.steampowered.com/app/39120/RIFT/

Oh look at that. SFP is still listed at £15.49. No discounts. Intermediate and Essentials pack are off 50%.

You were saying? You know damn well if an item is on sale on Steam it has a mark next to it stating how much % and a line over it's original price. Don't even try to play that card. What this tells me is with a price drop so early on is that they haven't sold as much as they intended.

Also raiding and PvE content in general plays a big part in the majority of MMOs these days. So yeah it kind of is essential. There is a reason it gets the most attention in nearly every MMO out there that has a decent playerbase. And again let's list Starfall's launch content.

3 70 dungeons. 1 upscale.
    Instanced Rifts. Aka Planar Assault Adventures.
    Planar Fragments.
    Dailies.
    4 zones.

Yeah not releasing a raid was totally a smart move for 3 months right? Oh wait. Hell I'm still waiting for content listed on their site. Mainly that 70 zone. Now had they waited 2-3 weeks and released a raid fair enough since that would give people time to gear up. This expansion was not ready for release and even Trion knew that.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-06-23 at 09:24 AM.
    A life with no changes can’t be called life. You can only call it experience. Lelouch Vi Britannia. (Code Geass)
    I refuse to be a slave of fate! I will be the master of my own future! Shir Gold. (Phantasy Star 2)
    Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose. Ayrton Senna. (3 times Formula 1 World Champion)

Criticism is all fine and dandy, even encouraged, but when you see the same usual suspects constantly shite posting, crying, whining day in day out you have to wonder just how much is actual constructive criticism and how much is just shite posting for the sake of it.

Then again checking some of the concerned posters other posts on the Forum you really wonder is there any actual game they play and not constantly shite post about.
    Hey Slipmat, I wonder if you have any idea how much feedback I've provided for Rift over the four years I played it.

I can assure you that I had far greater influence over the game than anything you've done, and yet when I stopped playing it, suddenly I'm just "whining."

*snip because hell no*

Please post respectfully. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2017-06-23 at 08:06 PM.

It's not on sale dude. If you're going to try to be cutesy and snarky, at least be right about what you're snarking about. Hell, the posts about it were even before the Steam Sale bloody started, dude.

This is and absurd comment Slipmat, when the dev team have essentially sacrificed every other aspect of the game (hybrids/class balance, PvP, open world content, rifts, IAs, one time events, zone development, CQs, game polish,5 mans, saga quest lines) on the altar of raiding and then can't even be bothered to have the raid ready within a reasonable amount of time after the expansion is launched, there is a serious problem. It'd be one thing if they expansion launched and the other parts of the game were in a good state and there was plenty of content, however that's not the case.

Mind you that I'm saying this as someone who believes Rift should stop focusing on raiding and see other content put as top priority.
    Druidic Spirit Shaman

I'm surprised this game is till alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Devorandom View Post
    I'm surprised this game is till alive.
    I'm surprised the game has an ambassador on an MMO for a game that has no players.
    Yes i heard Raiding is essential in every MMO
    It kinda is when they remove PVP content because THAT struggles to hold players, maybe Raids are next, what does Rift have then? Upscaled dungeons? Even their subreddit stretches back 1 month on the frontpage, that's fucking abysmal.