View Poll Results: Could you work in a Slaughterhouse?

Voters
61. This poll is closed
  • Yeah of course i would

19 31.15%
  • Hell No i love animals too much

26 42.62%
  • Not sure

16 26.23%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Could you work in a Slaughterhouse?

Could you work in a Slaughterhouse?

Lets say you was offered a lucrative job working in a Slaughterhouse could you take that job?

Iam a huge animal lover but i also eat alot of meat (cows, chickens, pigs etc) and i dont think i could bring myself to ever work in that environment.

The sounds the animals would make as they walk to there inevitable doom would make me quit after 20mins!

I doubt it would make me give up meat though but i guess just like how saugages are made i rather spend my time in blissful ignorance.

15+ Year Old Account
    Doubt I could, I would still enjoy meat though.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Easy. Job is a Job. worked in worse places.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not dumb. I know what happens to animals so I can eat that steak or whatever.

If the job paid well and I could get used to the assumed smell, then yes, sure.

It would take a little while to get used to.

Old school farm people kill and butcher animals all the time, it's just another chore for them. Like trimming the weeds along the road.

Even backyard farming chickens is pretty hardcore

https://www.backyardchickens.com/thr...raphic.109583/

And there are people who do this without all the fancy equipment.
    Last edited by Independent voter; 2017-06-19 at 02:34 PM.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. I've been past the slaughterhouse we have here in the middle of August and the smell just makes you want to vomit....and this coming from a former plumber.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Most of us wouldn't. That's kinda why I've been going more and more vegetarian cause I hate being a hypocrite.

The people who do are usually poor immigrants who have no other option. Then the same people who eat meat bitch about immigrants.

how lucrative we talking 6 figures? more? if its a step up in pay than my current, and has better hours... then yep. money talks.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know. Never been to a slaughterhouse, so I don't really know the nature of the work. Also depends on what is it that I do in the place. I'd imagine not all of the jobs in there are about killing, or even being around animals that are being killed.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Not a problem to work at a slaughterhouse. I was raised a hunter, so I've killed many animals in life already.

The reality is that humans are omnivores. Not sure why people want to try to deny the reality of who we are. We are an element in what people like to call the circle of life.

We work with some animals, we have some animals as pets, and we eat some animals. Life just isn't black and white.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't be a problem.
    Blood and death aren't an issue for me. I also have no issue killing an animal for food.

No thanks. Just about the last sorts of places I'd want to work at.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I don't know. Never been to a slaughterhouse, so I don't really know the nature of the work. Also depends on what is it that I do in the place. I'd imagine not all of the jobs in there are about killing, or even being around animals that are being killed.
    Oh there might be a small office, but trust me, it's 99% killing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by matt4pack View Post
    Most of us wouldn't. That's kinda why I've been going more and more vegetarian cause I hate being a hypocrite.

The people who do are usually poor immigrants who have no other option. Then the same people who eat meat bitch about immigrants.
    Holy shit.

Ok. so let me get this right.

You are almost a vegetarian and because you are you are now saying that meat eaters are racists? Because eating meat = problems with immigrants?
    Are you serious?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I assume it smells horribly so no.
    It really doesn't need to if it's kept clean.

Like any other job, it depends on the work and paycheck. I don't think I would feel to sad for the animals, the stench might be a much bigger problem for me. Will be fun to occasionaly see some vegans protesting in my workplace.

have done in the past, for about 6 months ....sure would do again if i needed a job

Seems people are mostly saying no due the *smell* and yes it does smell esp. in a few zones, the zone where animals arrives ( was pigs where i worked ) smells of ..well pigs

the nasty zone is where the pigs gets cut open after they are killed
    after that ... it is pretty *clean* and just smell of .. well meat.

after 2 weeks or so you just get used to it no matter what zone you work in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Holy shit.

Ok. so let me get this right.

You are almost a vegetarian and because you are you are now saying that meat eaters are racists? Because eating meat = problems with immigrants?
    Are you serious?
    Yeah, I was just going to let that bullshit go.
    There's no way the reasoning makes anything resembling sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have pets and consider them an integral part of the family.

Having said that, one needs to make a living. And if that requires that I work in a slaughterhouse I would most definitely do it. Wouldn't enjoy it though.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it was my only option available I'm sure I could.