Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    OH sweetheart, you're adorable. Last time I checked my voter registration/record in my state it had who I voted for in every Presidential election since 2000...
    Provide proof and drop the condescending horseshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wtfzerg View Post
    I would need to proof of it having how people voted because there is zero way to harvest that information without standing over voters in polling booths. DOB is public record.
    Its a probability based on all of the other data.

EDIT:
    So party affiliations, the voting results of the district/county/city/town you are registered to vote in, etc.
    Last edited by I Push Buttons; 2017-06-19 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor With a Saber View Post
    Just seriously what is the worse that can happen to you because someone knows who you voted for?
    At least you keep proving his point about your mental capabilities.

Every campaign manager just creamed their pants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    So can we make the modest request of having a government issued ID when people vote? Are there any other western nations that allow people to vote by simply showing a paper copy of a utility bill that can be manufactured in 2 minutes on MS Word?
    1. As soon as you permit the modest request of delivering said IDs to everyone free of charge, including not charging for any supporting documents required for said IDs.

2. Canada, where we don't allow a party to engage in mass voter suppression.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    UpGuard is a very new startup company as young as 2 years, and very much a business and not a bastion of justice. Also conveniently located in California.

They loosely describe how they "came across" the data and how they are able to access Amazon's cloud servers (in which they self-link an article discussing how Amazon cloud servers are "insecure"). So basically they were hired to attack Amazon servers and "came across" a server with voter data then proceeded to copy the data for themselves and only then notify the feds. God forbid Amazon is at fault for this due to their cloud service structure, but lets push the political agenda instead and say "sorry" later.

It's easy for a "security company" to claim someone else's data is insecure as a kind of self-promotion. Kinda like how Comey's brother's security firm (and co-funded by Google), Crowdstrike, was lavishly praised by Comey. You know, the ones that investigated Hillary's emails and refused to allow FBI to obtain the servers and examine them.

Ultimately the only "historic" value in this discovery is that cloud-based computing is inherently insecure.

Some people say the Cold War never ended. They're probably right, except it was never about the Russians.
    Last edited by ImpTaimer; 2017-06-20 at 01:22 AM.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

I wonder if it's still available for download somewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    "Unsecured" - LOL who the fuck do these people hire to do their IT security. What a fucking clown show, on both sides of the fence.
    You'd be amazed how easy it is for something like this to happen in a big organisation. Data multiplies like rabbits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    UpGuard is a very new startup company as young as 2 years, and very much a business and not a bastion of justice. Also conveniently located in California.

They loosely describe how they "came across" the data and how they are able to access Amazon's cloud servers (in which they self-link an article discussing how Amazon cloud servers are "insecure"). So basically they were hired to attack Amazon servers and "came across" a server with voter data then proceeded to copy the data for themselves and only then notify the feds. God forbid Amazon is at fault for this due to their cloud service structure, but lets push the political agenda instead and say "sorry" later.

It's easy for a "security company" to claim someone else's data is insecure as a kind of self-promotion. Kinda like how Comey's brother's security firm (and co-funded by Google), Crowdstrike, was lavishly praised by Comey. You know, the ones that investigated Hillary's emails and refused to allow FBI to obtain the servers and examine them.

Ultimately the only "historic" value in this discovery is that cloud-based computing is inherently insecure.

Some people say the Cold War never ended. They're probably right, except it was never about the Russians.
    What site did you pull up this version of reality on?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I wonder if it's still available for download somewhere...

You'd be amazed how easy it is for something like this to happen in a big organisation. Data multiplies like rabbits.
    You'd also be amazed how many security firms create outrageous stories to promote themselves, going as far to create fake leaks.

Nobody short of UpGuard or Deep Root Analytics could have readily accessed the storage servers, meaning no actual leak happened.

Also, while slightly irrelevant to the core issue, the data contained in the storage is technically available because none of it is actually sensitive / private data.

UpGuard is the only one claiming the data was insecure and "leaked". So be skeptical.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    What site did you pull up this version of reality on?
    Duckduckgo. Please try to be less illiterate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    I call bullshit.
    It happened in 2012, also. And it's not just restricted to Reps.

https://thinkprogress.org/billionair...s-37ee4d37c296

http://truthfeed.com/ceo-of-grubhub-...-resign/35046/

Is what it is. /shrug

So data that could have been found by opening a phone book and then googling them?
    someone needs to arrest this madman... he is telling people how to hack stuffz

Spreadsheets containing this accumulated data—last updated around the January 2017 presidential inauguration—constitute a treasure trove of political data and modeled preferences used by the Trump campaign. This data was also exposed in the misconfigured database and had been for an unknown period of time.
    Why? Databases are a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda surprising how the current Reddit post on this subject has actual rational people being rated up in it discussing more detail of the process over frothing libtards. Then again you can always just sort by controversial for that kind of fun.

https://www.reddit.com/r/news/commen...er_records_is/

"Hey guys, we found a good amount of compiled public data that was analyzed and now here it is!"

Doesn't seem like that big of a deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you're telling me they were using unsecured internet servers for data storage?

Will the republicans be frothing at the mouth claiming that they, themselves, aren't fit for governance?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackeyser View Post
    It happened in 2012, also. And it's not just restricted to Reps.

https://thinkprogress.org/billionair...s-37ee4d37c296

http://truthfeed.com/ceo-of-grubhub-...-resign/35046/

Is what it is. /shrug
    The difference being that one side did just win an election based on the other using unsecured servers.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So data that could have been found by opening a phone book and then googling them?

Don't know about you, but the best you will find on me is my age. None of my other personal data is on the net.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Don't know about you, but the best you will find on me is my age. None of my other personal data is on the net.
    Ohhhhh trust me it is
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ohhhhh trust me it is

Ill pm you my name, see what you come up with

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    but her emails
    BOOM!! And there it is

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So is this why the RNC is so adamant that they weren't hacked to the point that they were bragging about it? Because they were just leaving all the information publicly available without any "hacking" necessary? : P

Holy shit though, what a truly impressive, incredible, and scary fuckup.
    Might as well leave the keys in your car with the doors open and the car running. And when the police come tell them it was stolen but it didn't get broken into.

Can you imagine the epic ****storm if Hillary's camp had done this?!