Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Group finder shows you total Ilv its can be cheated
    Personally i use ERT to scan players in my group. If they have this addon too i can see anything including their Artefact traits and relics
    That's true, but GS could be cheated the same way. I don't believe it gave points for having an "optimal" setup (hit capped, def capped, whatever) but it's been a long time so I could be wrong.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Deleted
    no it just measured ilvl not if someone can play or not

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Well, first I think you mean 5500 and 6000 not 8500 and 9000

Second, BULL SHIT, The only people who hit 6000 / 9000 were shadowmourne wielders, it was incredibly rare to see anyone even close to 6000/9000 without it. I remember it being a easy couple hundred point boost
    I was giving an example and didn't use the actual numbers since I don't remember them. I was pointing out that having enchants and gems would increase the score, which it doesn't do with Item Level because the calculation doesn't include them in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I don't invite anyone to my groups unless they have at bare minimum 900 ilvl. And thats for any content, even older raids like EN and NH.
    So you don't even qualify for the groups you create? lol nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    At the time it came it out, it was bullshit for a lot of specs. I remember playing a disc priest and having stat priorities + shitty loot tables that OFTEN caused lower ilvl gear to be straight up better. Itemization has come a long way since then.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Nope. Just like item level today.

An 880 geared toon can range in dps anywhere from 150k to over 600k depending on skill / spec (more skill than spec). A 900 geared toon can range in dps anywhere from 250k to over 950k depending on skill / spec.

So a good 880 player that doesn't play a ton and doesn't buy his gear but can do 600k doesn't get the chance to run many mythic+ because they going assumption is that if they take the 900 player who bought his gear, at least they'll get that 250k to 300k.

Basically, many people don't want an actual challenge in the game. They want quick and easy handouts of gear while going through the motions.
    QFT.....QFT.

Just a useless number that said little to nothing about the skill of the person behind the keyboard who may have very well been lucky to get carried in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    No it wasnt it just started the cancerus "X ILVL REQUIRED FOR RAIDING"-mentality
    "Minimum AP/SP required" predated gearscore, which was horrendously worse as every class had different standards for how much attack power or spell power they had. The alternative to that was bringing every pug to the capital bank to inspect every peice of gear one at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    (pro tip: neither gearscore nor ilevel tells you how well a player plays his toon)
    I got a pro tip for you. You are the only one who thinks there's any relationship between AP/SP; Gearscore; iLvl and player skill. Those of us who use those indicators understand it only does one simple thing. It tells you a base level for the pug's gear.

Also, I got another pro tip for you. Making every pug come to Dal bank so you can inspect them one at a time doesn't tell you how well the player plays his toon either.

betcha didn't know that.

turns out the only way to know how well a pug plays a toon is to play with said pug.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Bill Belichick has 5 Super Bowl rings with the Patriots. He's at the top of his profession. And he'd completely and utterly disagree with you.

The Patriots are one of the youngest teams in the NFL. They actually have very average talent. There are a lot more talented teams in the NFL. What really separates Belichick from everyone else is he TEACHES his players. He gets young, versatile players and teaches them how to perform. Most "leaders" don't teach. Most leaders in this world run something like a Gearscore system, where they recruit the guys with the top scores and toss them on the team and let them sink or swim. That management style SUCKS. Belichick wins because he does it the correct way. He gets young hungry guys and teaches the crap out of them. Its a lost art.

If Belichick ran a WoW guild, he'd grab a group of 25 nobodies and organize them into teaching sessions to work on everyone's DPS or heals or tanking on a personal level until everyone could do it well. Then he'd set world firsts with a group of nobodies.
    Yeah, that makes perfect sense. Grab 24 strangers, and train them for hundreds of hours, so you can complete a one hour run.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Basically, many people don't want an actual challenge in the game. They want quick and easy handouts of gear while going through the motions.
    People who want a challenge join a guild. People who pug are looking for a quick run. I don't expect a challenge when I pour a bowl of cereal in the morning, but I expect and look forward to a challenge if I'm preparing a 5 course dinner.

Does that make sense? Trying to figure the best way to word it. For certain things I do I really look forward to a challenge, but other times, it's other things I'm looking for and not a challenge.

I've never sat down on the couch looking for a challenge to watch TV. As a matter of fact, when watching TV is a challenge (probably nothing good on), it gets a bit frustrating.

Not everything in life needs to be a challenge.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    That's true, but GS could be cheated the same way. I don't believe it gave points for having an "optimal" setup (hit capped, def capped, whatever) but it's been a long time so I could be wrong.
    I think that was working similary like today group finder Ilv tool.Have no memories do its track overall Ilv or equiped one but i`m sure that does not track any other stats
    But evewn if not when you see someone on 6900 GS then you are sure because the dude most likely wear almost top Heroic ICC gear

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Why would anyone with 900+ want to bother with EN? That raid is shit and only drops shitty looking gear, so transmog isn't a valid reason either.
    xavius shoulders? bloodthirsty insect for agility users?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Just wanting to get some opinions on this matter. Do you think Gearscore was a useful addon for when it was used in Wrath mostly?
    It's a scourge upon Azeroth, just like ilevel Is. I never liked any of these Implemented and used, gearscore was never used by me either even If I was scolded for It. The reason Is simple, people get twitchy and tryhardy over you not having that 3 ilevel that probably could've killed the boss and not wiped the group, or similar excuses and arguments made... It shouldn't matter on your ilevel by a few numbers. What -should- matter Is knowing the boss tactics well and executing your roll In that boss fight accordingly and well enough to take down the boss, despite your weaker gear status.

I wish ilevel was completely removed, I heavily doubt they will but hey I can hope for a better WoW can't I. Obviously gear -matters- but when your group members start nitpicking on your gear and how It's a few ilevels weaker, or how you performed badly Instead of looking for faults In their own tactics and gear I cringe and feel WoW is doomed with players like that now being majority on WoW ever since Cataclysm and partly Wrath cause of Gearscore.

So It's a horrible thing that I wish was never thought of, It wasn't useful, only for the tryhards.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?