Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I'm curious as to why you think the nuclear family is so 'stable'.
    What a silly thing to say. Nuclear family's always have the best chance of being stable. Christ even from just my own experience with women all the ones who just had a single mother had issues that chicks I was with from normal stable homes would never have. A big thing with the woman I met who became my wife is that she said she wants to have a family the same as her family was and I said I wanted that as well. When you're a kid you are heavily influenced by your parents and back then you tended to want the same that your parents had when you grow up. Of course external forces can change that and that is certainly apparent with the millennial generation.

Of course not all are perfect, abusive families have always existed and raise children who don't know any different and have a higher chance becoming the same as an adult.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    What a silly thing to say. Nuclear family's always have the best chance of being stable.
    Yeah, no. That honour would go to the extended family model.

What the sociological forays into the subject seem to be demonstrating is that it's less a function of who is doing the parenting and more a function of hours invested in a child's rearing; single parents are obviously at a massive disadvantage by having to be a provider in addition to a caregiver, extended families seem to prove the best because of a ready supply of caregivers and a shared pool of providers.

Moreover, the nuclear family is becoming increasingly less viable because of the necessity of both parents to be providers, limiting the amount of hours spent giving care.
    Do no harm, but take no shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    One person? Hahaha

LeBron, Steph, Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic etc etc.
    Lol. Stephs wife caused all kinds of problems last year is a part of why they lost the finals. Djokovic has been playing god awful since he got married. Tiger, went from #1 in the world to not even playing golf anymore not too long after getting married. etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Yeah, no. That honour would go to the extended family model.

What the sociological forays into the subject seem to be demonstrating is that it's less a function of who is doing the parenting and more a function of hours invested in a child's rearing; single parents are obviously at a massive disadvantage by having to be a provider in addition to a caregiver, extended families seem to prove the best because of a ready supply of caregivers and a shared pool of providers.

Moreover, the nuclear family is becoming increasingly less viable because of the necessity of both parents to be providers, limiting the amount of hours spent giving care.
    Arr well yeah extended families, that is normal of the nuclear family, their grand parents are there etc. My wife and I had our first night together without our son for the first time in 2 years as her mother offered to look after him overnight, it felt like the old times together again even though we just stayed in!

Unless you're talking more along the lines of China where the lack of welfare for elderly means 3 generations stick together in the same place but of course they have next to no external influences on damaging that family unit.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.