Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ya that's why I said I need to see a unboxing before fully judging it. If its the same quality of the other AC statue's then its not worth it.

But even if it is worth like $400 that still makes this bundle way overpriced.
    not going to argue there. by at least about $200. even with me not realizing that there are 4 lithographs rather then just 2 cards (those lithos are still if one is particularly generous are maybe $20 each, given their size and how much lithographs usually sell for)

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    My opinion is they're grossly overpricing their own signatures. Everyone's just focusing on the statue because that's what seems to be the most valuable thing, but most statues that come with video games don't drive the price up THAT much.

Most I spent is like, $129 I think on Collector's Edition.

Also, this still doesn't come close to the most expensive Collector's Edition ever
    https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/...row-iv-bundle/
    they might be overpricing their signatures, but the reason people are focusing on the statue is because its genuinely bigger then typical collector's edition statues. most CE statues are about 7 to 10 inches tall. 3 times the size of that presumably means at least 3 times the detail, and statues of comparable size can potentially go for that much and more, so its the one place where they can justify CE cost. the question is, given the quality of other Ubicollectbles they have released so far (and their prices) - does it? honestly, I'm not sure. maybe once/if they show unboxing...

I mean.. while I've yet to buy one because as much as I love collectibles, I just don't have the disposable income of the size where I would find it reasonable to spend as much on artwork as I would typicaly spend on a pc once every half a decade - I still think that sideshow collectibles (and a few other companies that do similar quality stuff) are worth the price they are charging. i have seen them in person, at Forbidden Planet in NYC and they are pretty damn amazingly done. is this statue anywhere nearly well done? that is a question. because if it is? then its the only thing that WOULD justify the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    not going to argue there. by at least about $200. even with me not realizing that there are 4 lithographs rather then just 2 cards (those lithos are still if one is particularly generous are maybe $20 each, given their size and how much lithographs usually sell for)
    I have a feel the statue will be the same quality as the other ones before it and if so this bundle isn't worth even half of what they are asking.

Its Ubisoft, The only reason its being sold this high is because they are only selling 200 of them.

But like I said ill wait to see a unboxing before fully judging it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I have a feel the statue will be the same quality as the other ones before it and if so this bundle isn't worth even half of what they are asking.

Its Ubisoft, The only reason its being sold this high is because they are only selling 200 of them.

But like I said ill wait to see a unboxing before fully judging it.
    I have a feeling you might be right. I guess we shall see, but honestly - not really tempted. I like the composition of the statue, but to be perfectly honest... its just.. too big. even if it ends up being worth the price.

I have a feeling you might be right. I guess we shall see, but honestly - not really tempted. I like the composition of the statue, but to be perfectly honest... its just.. too big. even if it ends up being worth the price.
    I'm not tempted just because the only AC game I liked was Black Flag.

I think the statue from what I can tell in the image looks ok. It does seem like it would be a pain in the ass to put up somewhere.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Honestly the content looks very...unimpressive for extra 740$ you gonna pay over base game.

But hey, its peoples hobby if they are willing to pay, than its their business.

I would have expected at least a blowjob for that price.

Well if the statue is that large then the price is kinda obvious, but let's be real here, are there really such mega fans of the series out there, that they would buy this for a statue of the 100th incarnation of the series, of a new and unknown character? That's quite the hubris on display here..

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post

I can see more devs going this route. Taking advantage of the 1%.
    If they sell enough of these maybe the graphics downgrade won't be so bad.

I bought the Overwatch one with the statue, that was about AUD$250 or something. And it's sitting in a box in my room.

Also bought a vanilla WoW CE a few years back, set me back almost AUD$2,000. More of a supply and demand thing there though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    If they sell enough of these maybe the graphics downgrade won't be so bad.
    How do we know there will be a downgrade? ACII was fantastic when it was released. Ubisoft has talent.

Sealed CE of vanilla WoW is like $5000 nowadays...

15+ Year Old Account
    I can't fathom on what in that makes it worth more than 150.

How do we know there will be a downgrade? ACII was fantastic when it was released. Ubisoft has talent.
    I can't decide if you are really this naive, or trolling.

there is ALWAYS a downgrade. always. even naughty dog downgrades their graphics and they are quite possibly the only company that genuinely tries to avoid that (so their downgrades are usually very minor) ubisoft is NOTOROUS for downgrading graphics from original demo's trailers, to actual live game. including in AC2.

Other wrinkle to this is if the game bombs, you now have a "Duke Nukem Forever CE". Even if that figure is of moderate quality, this CE is generously worth half what they want, probably closer to $300 given the avg game figure quality.

10+ Year Old Account

I can see more devs going this route. Taking advantage of the 1%.
    Buy the $800 edition, then sell the individual pieces for a higher combined total. It's what people do with things like Loot Crate to turn a profit.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

I can't decide if you are really this naive, or trolling.
    Check poster's history. All will be revealed.

Deleted
    Seems pretty lacklustre for $800, but if people wanna buy it, why stop it?