Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phailox View Post
    Sure, i guess.
    i just got triggered, since an overall informing thread, ended with a highly based opinionated statement, and people jump at it at the first chance they get. Almost completely forgetting about the rest.
    And at the end of it all, they prob walk away, not changed in opinions (cuz noone ever changes their mind), having forgot the base of it all. Leaving with nothing changed, nothing earned. Just another forum brawl. Just another post in those 15k others.
    If you want people to discuss a certain facet of the thread, open it up for discussion rather than distancing people even further from what you want by only stating that people aren't discussing what you want them to discuss.

All it takes is a post of "hey what do you think about X?". It might not get people discussing it, but it's more likely to get what you want than "stop discussing Y".
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dequanacus View Post
    If you want people to discuss a certain facet of the thread, open it up for discussion rather than distancing people even further from what you want by only stating that people aren't discussing what you want them to discuss.

All it takes is a post of "hey what do you think about X?". It might not get people discussing it, but it's more likely to get what you want than "stop discussing Y".

I'm kinda laughing atm. He is so triggered because he thinks I'm ok with them selling possible poisoned dog meat to people who don't know. All the while never even asking or reading where I stated it's a shitty thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    I'm kinda laughing atm. He is so triggered because he thinks I'm ok with them selling possible poisoned dog meat to people who don't know. All the while never even asking or reading where I stated it's a shitty thing to do.
    I just don't understand what discussion he is looking for. If he was looking for a yes or no response to the first post made in the thread, that wouldn't be discussion. If someone wanted to discuss something, they would have presented it in the thread to be discussed. He's saying we should be discussing something without making any sort of attempt to put forth what he wants discussed.

The first post is not discussion itself but a topic to encourage discussion to form from people reacting to it. The OP reacted by saying that this shouldn't of happened because dogs are pets and discussion came out of arguing for or against that point. That's how discussion starts. If he wanted something to be discussed, I don't see why he didn't just start a discussion on it. Linking an article by itself is not discussion, it's a topic. Linking an article by itself will get a "so what?" reaction if nobody starts any actual DISCUSSION about it. The article itself isn't discussion, "the topic of the article is bad because dogs are pets" is discussion.
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    nah bro. Not at all.

tfw i put in a keyword he recongnizes, and he jumps at it like a goat, using it to fit a narrative of me, enhancing it even. Guess which it is.
    triggered
    eyyy
    ahh well.
    time to play wow instead of sitting here

Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    They're pets for fuck sake!
    Fish are pets.

I dunno. I've been to a couple Chinese restaurants where the meat didn't taste quite right. Sometimes you gotta wonder lol.

That being said, poisoning dogs and feeding them to people unwittingly is wrong. Though, if someone were to offer me dog, I'd try it. I mean, if it's already dead, why let the meat go to waste? Maybe it would be a good way to get rid of those horrible yappy "toy" breeds. Wouldn't be much meat on them, unfortunately, but the culling of their deprived population would make the meat taste that much sweeter.

Wow, I might be a horrible person.
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    WoW is ending soon. Mark my words right here right now.
    They're shifting to a Diablo MMO and putting World of Warcraft on hold for the moment/a while.
    Prophet tikcol at your disposal any day, any time.
    Spoken by the great prophet on 6/29/17

I would eat balinese people before i'd eat dog.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dequanacus View Post
    I just don't understand what discussion he is looking for. If he was looking for a yes or no response to the first post made in the thread, that wouldn't be discussion. If someone wanted to discuss something, they would have presented it in the thread to be discussed. He's saying we should be discussing something without making any sort of attempt to put forth what he wants discussed.

The first post is not discussion itself but a topic to encourage discussion to form from people reacting to it. The OP reacted by saying that this shouldn't of happened because dogs are pets and discussion came out of arguing for or against that point. That's how discussion starts. If he wanted something to be discussed, I don't see why he didn't just start a discussion on it. Linking an article by itself is not discussion, it's a topic. Linking an article by itself will get a "so what?" reaction if nobody starts any actual DISCUSSION about it. The article itself isn't discussion, "the topic of the article is bad because dogs are pets" is discussion.
    ey mang
    I know its a forum. A thread like this should have ended in 1 page, only serving to inform, possibly draw perspectives from other countries where something similar happened.

making it into a facebook comment section about me vs. u is the will of the forummers.
    So it will always be.

U say i didnt contribute, or try and make it into what i thought it should be about.
    My vision would befor it to be informing, about the article at hand, enlighten.
    I tried that by redirecting one of the most active posters in this thread, to the case at hand; the article.

Not everything needs a yes or no, me vs. u. Sometimes info could just be info.
    Sometimes
    Sometimes
    just look, and take from something what u can, make of it what u will.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    ey mang
    I know its a forum. A thread like this should have ended in 1 page, only serving to inform, possibly draw perspectives from other countries where something similar happened.

making it into a facebook comment section about me vs. u is the will of the forummers.
    So it will always be.

U say i didnt contribute, or try and make it into what i thought it should be about.
    I tried that by redirecting one of the most active posters in this thread, to the case at hand; the article.

Sometimes
    Sometimes

ima real sorry masta, Next time I'll ask you if I can discuss a topic before making a post.

ey mang

So it will always be.

Sometimes
    Sometimes
    The purpose of threads are not to inform and be discarded. Maybe you personally do not like discussion, the purpose of both forums and threads, but you are factually incorrect if you are trying to assert what I quoted above as what "a thread like this should have".

Again, if you don't like what occurred here, great. This is the purpose of threads however so very little of what you're posting holds true. You can personally dislike it but this is the purpose of these threads, not what you seem to want them to be as indicated by your posts.
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post

WTF!!! Eating dogs is just fucking wrong!
    There is no difference eating dog to any other animal. Its your emotional attachment to food that is the problem. Never tried it meself but i would eat a bowl of bosintang if i ever traveled to that part of the world.

This depends on a lot. Eating someones pet without the owners knowledge or consent is wrong. The original post states he stole dogs. That doesn't matter if it's a dog, fish, pig, cow or cat. If someone has a pet cow and I kidnap that cow, kill it and serve it to people, it's just as wrong as this is.

Any animal killed for consumption should also be killed humanely. Regardless of species

Quote Originally Posted by Stretchie View Post
    Any animal killed for consumption should also be killed humanely. Regardless of species
    This but many cultures or poor place had a lot of people who like to kill any being(including some case of cannibalism) in cruel manners, but about this article is really fuck up poison many dogs and use them as part of the menu without any concern about the health of the people eating poison meat

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    I'm kind of against the idea of eating dogs personally because of the whole social aspect/intelligence of them.
    Pigs are just as social and even more intelligent. Watch piglets play sometime, they're just like puppies.

In any case, I personally can't support any country where eating dog is legal. No real reason besides the fact that they're domesticated animals that have become our companions as pets. I can go somewhere else for travel/tourism.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    You can drink your own piss too but I think I'm above that. I'm not a caveman who beats dogs and puppies to death with metal poles and poisons them just to feed them to people who have no idea what they're eating.
    Sounds like he might have felt kindof bad, when the puppy took so long to die. Late onset empathy...

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    What if dogs are bred for consumption?

Eating dogs is only immoral to those who deem it to be so. Your morality shouldn't ever trump anyone else's morality.

I think it's morally wrong for not disclosing the meat that they were eating, but I can only ever boycott the practice, I can't demand they change. Especially when it's not my country.

Pigs, rabbits, snakes, etc, etc, are all bred for companionship and consumption. Many of the animals we eat are just as, if not more, empathetic and loving as dogs.
    so, should i be able to kill you? Is wrong to kill you?

Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    so, should i be able to kill you? Is wrong to kill you?
    You can try if you like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Who cares. Different country.

Does it taste good? The only thing I'd be pissed about is if they are not killed humanely before being harvested.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    The reason I say it's a tautology is because I can't see much more to your argument than, "we shouldn't eat dogs because that's not what they're for".

Of course.
    That would be an example of circular logic, not tautology. Tautology isn't a justification of point with a presumption, it is a repeated sentiment stated in different ways. To use your simplification "We shouldn't eat dogs" means basically what it says while: "that's not what they're for" is an explanation of the former point. They don't serve the same purpose, one is a declaration the other a justification of that declaration.

Tautology would be if I used words like:

Nobody should eat dogs, no one, ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Yeah, so? In India (which, for the record, is a lot of people), cows are sacred animals. Here in North America and in Europe, their primary purposes are giving us milk and being delicious. Nobody here is right or wrong. Different cultures view different animals in different fashions. Who are we westerners to tell other people that they don't eat the right stuff?

So long as they at least try to give the animals a humane death and they don't steal people's pets, I have 0 issues with others eating dog even if I probably wouldn't do it myself.
    Cows haven't been uplifted and molded by any people, not even Indians. I don't think you have a very good grasp of facts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Yeah, let's force our way into countries and make them obey our morality. That will go over really well I'm sure.

Most things are cultural. Morality is HEAVILY shaped by our cultures. A person growing up outside any system that's hungry will eat anything. It's only when that person is forced into a culture when they develop the morals of those surrounding him/her.
    I never said force anyone, I suggested increasing education and birth control, are you seriously disagreeing with that sentiment? It isn't a coincidence that primarily overpopulated uneducated countries eat animals that aren't generally eaten in developed countries. As you said, anyone who is hungry enough will eat anything. So lets solve that.

You put the suggestion of 'force' into this conversation, projecting something there bud?
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    I never said force anyone, I suggested increasing education and birth control
    How are you supposed to do that with other countries? You either offer it or you force it upon them. They can deny you as much as they want. Many countries would consider the gesture as insulting. It's happened before. We've offered to help many countries and they've declined it.

are you seriously disagreeing with that sentiment?
    I don't disagree that's what needs to happen. But you seem to be under the delusion that it's the only solution or even the right one. Who's to say what education system even gets implemented? Not all teaching methods or educational subjects are equally good.

It isn't a coincidence that primarily overpopulated uneducated countries eat animals that aren't generally eaten in developed countries.
    Mostly because they're poor. You sound like you don't know shit about economics. You think they can import cows and set up ranches? lol!

As you said, anyone who is hungry enough will eat anything. So lets solve that.
    HOW?!?! You can't just impose your shit onto others, and who's going to pay for that?

You put the suggestion of 'force' into this conversation, projecting something there bud?
    Projecting what? I'm opposed to forcing ourselves onto other countries. My entire stance in this fucking thread is that it's their culture and their country. It's you who wants them to change for you to feel better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by jfhsgtresg View Post
    Which is capable of empathy

But then so are humans they are just animals too.

Not gonna lie i would run into a burning building to save a dog but i wouldnt cross the street to save most humans! Cause i know that dog would give unconditional love while that human would prolly sue me for breaking his window to save him!
    Unconditional, as long as you feed them. Otherwise they'd probably eat you. I guess a lot of people would too if they get hungry enough. Just animals.

Dog lovers came to this thread to pretend their cultural values mean something to different cultures.

Macho guys came here to prove they will eat anything.

Vegetarians came here to catch hypocritical meat eaters.

We all came here to prove we are right.

And the universe is here to laugh at us and our insistence that there is a right.
    Last edited by Zmaniac17; 2017-06-20 at 04:16 AM.