Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
  1. #181
    Who cares. Different country.

    Does it taste good? The only thing I'd be pissed about is if they are not killed humanely before being harvested.


  2. #182
    Pandaren Monk Rhaide's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    KPAX
    Posts
    1,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    The reason I say it's a tautology is because I can't see much more to your argument than, "we shouldn't eat dogs because that's not what they're for".

    Of course.
    That would be an example of circular logic, not tautology. Tautology isn't a justification of point with a presumption, it is a repeated sentiment stated in different ways. To use your simplification "We shouldn't eat dogs" means basically what it says while: "that's not what they're for" is an explanation of the former point. They don't serve the same purpose, one is a declaration the other a justification of that declaration.

    Tautology would be if I used words like:

    Nobody should eat dogs, no one, ever.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Yeah, so? In India (which, for the record, is a lot of people), cows are sacred animals. Here in North America and in Europe, their primary purposes are giving us milk and being delicious. Nobody here is right or wrong. Different cultures view different animals in different fashions. Who are we westerners to tell other people that they don't eat the right stuff?

    So long as they at least try to give the animals a humane death and they don't steal people's pets, I have 0 issues with others eating dog even if I probably wouldn't do it myself.
    Cows haven't been uplifted and molded by any people, not even Indians. I don't think you have a very good grasp of facts.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Yeah, let's force our way into countries and make them obey our morality. That will go over really well I'm sure.

    Most things are cultural. Morality is HEAVILY shaped by our cultures. A person growing up outside any system that's hungry will eat anything. It's only when that person is forced into a culture when they develop the morals of those surrounding him/her.
    I never said force anyone, I suggested increasing education and birth control, are you seriously disagreeing with that sentiment? It isn't a coincidence that primarily overpopulated uneducated countries eat animals that aren't generally eaten in developed countries. As you said, anyone who is hungry enough will eat anything. So lets solve that.

    You put the suggestion of 'force' into this conversation, projecting something there bud?
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

    Actually, Hillary Clinton is a honest person
    -rym

  3. #183
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    I never said force anyone, I suggested increasing education and birth control
    How are you supposed to do that with other countries? You either offer it or you force it upon them. They can deny you as much as they want. Many countries would consider the gesture as insulting. It's happened before. We've offered to help many countries and they've declined it.

    are you seriously disagreeing with that sentiment?
    I don't disagree that's what needs to happen. But you seem to be under the delusion that it's the only solution or even the right one. Who's to say what education system even gets implemented? Not all teaching methods or educational subjects are equally good.

    It isn't a coincidence that primarily overpopulated uneducated countries eat animals that aren't generally eaten in developed countries.
    Mostly because they're poor. You sound like you don't know shit about economics. You think they can import cows and set up ranches? lol!

    As you said, anyone who is hungry enough will eat anything. So lets solve that.
    HOW?!?! You can't just impose your shit onto others, and who's going to pay for that?

    You put the suggestion of 'force' into this conversation, projecting something there bud?
    Projecting what? I'm opposed to forcing ourselves onto other countries. My entire stance in this fucking thread is that it's their culture and their country. It's you who wants them to change for you to feel better.
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    what? you can knock people off ground mounts with auto attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Yes 16yo women are beautiful, and yes it is natural to be attracted towards them.

  4. #184
    Quote Originally Posted by jfhsgtresg View Post
    Which is capable of empathy

    But then so are humans they are just animals too.

    Not gonna lie i would run into a burning building to save a dog but i wouldnt cross the street to save most humans! Cause i know that dog would give unconditional love while that human would prolly sue me for breaking his window to save him!
    Unconditional, as long as you feed them. Otherwise they'd probably eat you. I guess a lot of people would too if they get hungry enough. Just animals.


    Dog lovers came to this thread to pretend their cultural values mean something to different cultures.

    Macho guys came here to prove they will eat anything.

    Vegetarians came here to catch hypocritical meat eaters.

    We all came here to prove we are right.

    And the universe is here to laugh at us and our insistence that there is a right.
    Last edited by Zmaniac17; 2017-06-20 at 04:16 AM.

  5. #185
    How can you mistake dog meat for chicken?

  6. #186
    I am glad i don't have any interest in traveling.

  7. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    How can you mistake dog meat for chicken?
    Everything tastes like chicken.

  8. #188
    Took a few dogs home in Bali myself. Good times.

  9. #189
    Immortal Golden Yak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Sunny Beaches of Canada
    Posts
    7,615
    I would eat a dog.

  10. #190
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumpster Account View Post
    Everything tastes like chicken.

  11. #191
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    You can drink your own piss too but I think I'm above that. I'm not a caveman who beats dogs and puppies to death with metal poles and poisons them just to feed them to people who have no idea what they're eating.
    Well, I certainly do not support that method of dispatch, but I'd have no issue eating a dog that was killed humanely, if that was the culture.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

  12. #192
    Pandaren Monk Rhaide's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    KPAX
    Posts
    1,863
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    How are you supposed to do that with other countries? You either offer it or you force it upon them. They can deny you as much as they want. Many countries would consider the gesture as insulting. It's happened before. We've offered to help many countries and they've declined it.



    I don't disagree that's what needs to happen. But you seem to be under the delusion that it's the only solution or even the right one. Who's to say what education system even gets implemented? Not all teaching methods or educational subjects are equally good.



    Mostly because they're poor. You sound like you don't know shit about economics. You think they can import cows and set up ranches? lol!



    HOW?!?! You can't just impose your shit onto others, and who's going to pay for that?



    Projecting what? I'm opposed to forcing ourselves onto other countries. My entire stance in this fucking thread is that it's their culture and their country. It's you who wants them to change for you to feel better.
    If a country's culture is 'sacred' then are you against immigration in the US if they don't integrate?

    You can't have it both ways. I'm curious to hear your thoughts.

    (Also if you want to get a jump on my next point, I'm going to clarify again that I never said FORCE. Your mythical mass-refusal of assistance doesn't exist and is foppish on its head. I haven't heard of many international charities focused on education claiming they have too much money.)
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

    Actually, Hillary Clinton is a honest person
    -rym

  13. #193
    I ate a sandwich made with some kind of horse meat. Going into it I thought eating it would be no problem but I couldn't finish it. Something I couldn't quite put my finger on made me want to gag. Don't think I could bring myself to eat a dog. I feel bad eating pork but bacon is just so damn tasty.

  14. #194
    Even with me being able to say that eating dogs is only subjectively wrong and that's what they have available to eat so whever, obviously lying to customers and not following health and safety restrictions for safe meat is wrong even by their standards, and needs reprimanded, because people could get food poisoning.

  15. #195
    Why is eating dogs wrong compared to any other animal? FYI its not.

    *I eat meat.
    Last edited by Aquinan; 2017-06-21 at 02:25 AM. Reason: edit

  16. #196
    I ate dog over in SE Asia. Was pretty gross tbh
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    A story of travel and experience from around the world

  17. #197
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    They're pets for fuck sake!
    People own pigs and rabbits as pets, too.
    Adapt or die.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •