Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Please contribute to Mage Tower

Right now the VDH challenge should be relatively easy due to our absurd DPS. It gives us like a 15+ilvl boost that will no longer be there tomorrow.

Even if you're a Havoc main, you should be able to do the VDH challenge today if the tower comes up and get your achievement for unlocking all your challenge weaps.

MT is at like 93% right now, we can do it!
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

It's region wide, telling people here isn't going to change how fast it goes up - especially as people are likely saving their points for reset to get the 970 legendaries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    It's region wide, telling people here isn't going to change how fast it goes up - especially as people are likely saving their points for reset to get the 970 legendaries.
    Can't they just get the boxes now and not open them til tomorrow?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

Weren't there posts about vengeance not even being able to accept the quest on EU servers earlier this week? Like they had temporarily disabled it for vengeance?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimbobbin View Post
    Weren't there posts about vengeance not even being able to accept the quest on EU servers earlier this week? Like they had temporarily disabled it for vengeance?
    I had no problem entering the scenario on my alt DH this week on EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    I had no problem entering the scenario on my alt DH this week on EU.
    May have only affected a few people. I remember reading people already on the quest could do it, but it was just gone otherwise, maybe just a day one patch bug.

It was already easy compared to other tank specs.

Even after the nerf it will still be far easier then it was before it.

Right now you could probably walk into it and roll your face across the KB to win.

Either way you shouldn't have much issue with it, if 900+ before or after nerf. We still will do a hell of a lot more damage post nerf then we did before the patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wellp, tower went up just now and got it on my 4th try. GG guys. 900 ilvl.

Don't even have my Havoc one yet.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2017-06-20 at 07:12 AM.

I'll try my Havoc one as well - I'm sitting at 896 ilvl and I've got anger and prydaz, also have concordance. Hope it'll go smooth, from videos I've seen this challenge looks piss easy, I literally have no idea why would anybody take like 80 tries at it or something like that if you have the deeps. The guy I saw doing it didn't even have anger at 906 ilvl, he did it 2 months ago with fel barrage, lol.
    Last edited by mauserr; 2017-08-28 at 10:51 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Wellp, tower went up just now and got it on my 4th try. GG guys. 900 ilvl.

Don't even have my Havoc one yet.
    this is why I'm so happy I did it prebuff with 900 ilvl and 43 traits. Besides being simplified with ToS gear, the patch just made it way too easy

I can only agree with this.

I'm not a DH tank (except for M+ between 0 and 10) but I had 52 traits. Before SB buff, I tried the challenge 4-5 times without knowing exactly what to do (free attempt). I told myself I'll give a try after the patch and the buffs VDH received.

I did succeed on the first attempt. I was also the first time I saw the 2nd phase and I couldn't tell exactly what happened...

... rollface as ppl are saying. (prydaz + sephuz as I have no VDH leg)

Deleted
    before spirit bomb buff it was a pain in the ass, the last phase was so random, i cant count how many 0,1-0,5% tries i had, but after spirit bomb buff, i needed one try, its ridiculous.

havoc main without tank legendaries i dont have sephuz or prydaz.

Mage tower didn't come up in time for me to try this last night. My Vengeance gear (I don't typically tank, but since the 4pc isn't so useful with spirit bomb buff, I wasn't locked in to T19 4pc and so get a few more ilvl than my Havoc gear) is something like 910 ilvl. I expected to be able to faceroll it. Now, I'll have to actually try if I want to. Oh well. The only appearance on any of my characters that interests me in the slightest is the guardian one though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alassiel View Post
    I'll try my Havoc one as well - I'm sitting at 896 ilvl and I've got anger and prydaz, also have concordance. Hope it'll go smooth, from videos I've seen this challenge looks p1ss easy, I literally have no idea why would anybody take like 50 tries at it or something like that if you have the deeps. The guy I saw doing it didn't even have anger at 906 ilvl, he did it 2 months ago with fel barrage, lol.
    You saw a video. Of course it looks easy. Those videos are kill videos posted after umpteen attempts. In other words, you see the end result of umpteen wipes learning, failing, learning more, failing more...

Watching is different to doing. You seem to have missed that pretty obvious point.

You're right about one thing, though; you "literally have no idea"

Quote Originally Posted by j0ust View Post
    You saw a video. Of course it looks easy. Those videos are kill videos posted after umpteen attempts. In other words, you see the end result of umpteen wipes learning, failing, learning more, failing more...

Watching is different to doing. You seem to have missed that pretty obvious point.

You're right about one thing, though; you "literally have no idea"
    Sorry you spent hours doing something not that difficult at all, my reply must've stung after that. What seems to be so hard to you that warrants a milion wipes?

I did a lot of supposedly hard things after watching them and guess what... they weren't really that hard, all you had was a combination of people with mediocre skill telling tales.

If the havoc challenge seems hard to you, well, git gud? Not a single fucking mechanic there demands a rocket scientist level of smart nor do they require an extreme level of reaction time. It requires you not to be a monkey smashing your buttons around in random order and if you raid mythics on a semi-high level, I believe you should have that under control already.

I'll be doing the challenge tomorrow, will be sure to let you know how many attempts it took
    Last edited by mauserr; 2017-06-20 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alassiel View Post
    Sorry you spent hours doing something not that difficult at all, my reply must've stung after that. What seems to be so hard to you that warrants a milion wipes?

I did a lot of supposedly hard things after watching them and guess what... they weren't really that hard, all you had was a combination of people with mediocre skill telling tales.

If the havoc challenge seems hard to you, well, git gud? Not a single fucking mechanic there demands a rocket scientist level of smart nor do they require an extreme level of reaction time. It requires you not to be a monkey smashing your buttons around in random order and if you raid mythics on a semi-high level, I believe you should have that under control already.

I'll be doing the challenge tomorrow, will be sure to let you know how many attempts it took
    Would have been alot easyer for you to spread shit posts if u done the challange in the 1st week and come here and talk shit , but now with super buffa on weapon (concordance) and inflated ilvl u hold no upperhand in your post. Even if u go and 1 shot it now will prove nothing tbh , so you better 'git gud' complete the challange at 1st week of release and let us know how awesome u are

Deleted
    phase one was never a problem, some people needed more tries to learn mechanics some not, the last phase was, when the mage tower first came up, a dps race, now its a joke, with 910 ilvl its free loot. i dont know why "mythic raider" waited so long to do the challenge, its called a challenge not a "iam overgeared like hell, so all i need to do is not to die to easy mechanics", for a mythic raider, you dont need to wait weeks to have enough ilvl to faceroll it "git gud"

Quote Originally Posted by Kezuma View Post
    Would have been alot easyer for you to spread shit posts if u done the challange in the 1st week and come here and talk shit , but now with super buffa on weapon (concordance) and inflated ilvl u hold no upperhand in your post. Even if u go and 1 shot it now will prove nothing tbh , so you better 'git gud' complete the challange at 1st week of release and let us know how awesome u are
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinio View Post
    phase one was never a problem, some people needed more tries to learn mechanics some not, the last phase was, when the mage tower first came up, a dps race, now its a joke, with 910 ilvl its free loot. i dont know why "mythic raider" waited so long to do the challenge, its called a challenge not a "iam overgeared like hell, so all i need to do is not to die to easy mechanics", for a mythic raider, you dont need to wait weeks to have enough ilvl to faceroll it "git gud"
    Yes, 895 with t19 nerfs is indeed overgeared like hell. You both only prove me right - the challenge was not a mechanical challenge where your skill mattered, it's only a matter of numbers. Nothing else to add, I'm afraid.

Why now you ask? Probably because I got fed up with the shit this game threw at us before 7.2.5 and now that they're correcting some of their mistakes, I'm glad to be back. I'm a raid logger, unfortunately, I don't like chores and mindless grinding, but I'm sure you like that kind of content.

Deleted
    No one asked you anything, you came here to insult everyone who did this challenge and had a few tries on it, because its - in your opinion - a mindless challenge where no skill mattered, some people dont read guides and watch videos, it was indeed a challenge when the mage tower first came up and my point is, doing this challenge NOW with much more ilvl, concordance and tons of guides its a joke and sure t19 nerf is a huge problem now..(not) and for a casual raid logger feel free to do this challenge, but hell be quiet thanks.

if you want a challenge, do the tank challenge without spirit bomb.

Cool thanks for the heads up, will give it a try. I'm like 880 ilevel so might bit a bit more challenging.