Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Only Star Wars nerds think that. She hasnt done shit outside of Star Wars
    http://m.imdb.com/name/nm0000402/fil...?ref_=m_nmfm_1

I believe you will find that she has acted in many things that were not Star Wars, nor Star Wars related.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Well Carrie Fisher DID have bipolar disorder. People who have bipolar often have a hard time finding a treatment that helps them stay functional and even then they often resist the medication because the side effects can be severe. This leads to self-medication, be it alcohol or psychotropics.
    I suppose that would depend on the severity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    http://m.imdb.com/name/nm0000402/fil...?ref_=m_nmfm_1

I believe you will find that she has acted in many things that were not Star Wars, nor Star Wars related.
    I remember her from Blue Brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Not really a suprise to anyone. Rip but she has probably been involved with drugs most of her life. Doesn't change the fact that she is one of the greatest female characters ever.
    no probably about it. she was very open about her addiction, about her mental illness (bipolar) and relationship between the 2. there are books, plural, her own stand up, etc. She didn't hide her struggles, in fact she used them to give voice to those who were afraid to speak up for variety of reasons.

honestly given the stress of filming something like star wars, not to mention fairly rapid weight loss that is no good for a woman of any age, but especially for a woman her age and... yeah, nothing surprising about her losing her fight with addiction yet again. it changes NOTHING about who she was or her contributions to the world.

which btw - edited to add, go well beyond star wars. she has acted in multitude of movies, was a highly sought out script doctor, wrote several books, did stand up, and i can keep going. its like saying that Mark Hamil hasn't done shit outside of Star wars, (he has)
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2017-06-21 at 05:24 PM.

Didn't she die 6+ months ago now? Why is this current news?

Quote Originally Posted by jimlow View Post
    Didn't she die 6+ months ago now? Why is this current news?
    Because coke is a terrible airplane drug.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is not how I would have preferred to remember Carrie Fisher. I'm bummed.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Read an article on it yesterday. It seems her family wasn't too surprised by the results.
    Is any one? And should they be?
    READ and be less Ignorant.