Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Wooooo, this idea is awesome! But I would see this more as an event like Timewalkings, returning from time to time with different theme (enemy races/factions we fought before) each with unique stuff to farm/drop there.

Yes, but not in M+ because that would be unfair.

This is bound to happen sooner or later with the increasing diabloisation of WoW, but since D3 is an utter failure why do former D3 devs keep importing D3 systems into WoW

Procedurally generated content is the ultimate declaration of creative bankruptcy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Because people just love RNG...

Why not have RNG zones next expansion! Zones whose quest content and layout changes every few hours! Surely those zones wouldn't be shallow as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    It is just me, or Jaylock is seriously Activision fan boy and he try piss us off or troll us? Where is mods when they are needed?!
    I think he has a deal with the mods on MMO-Champ, i see him banned ALL THE TIME - then on my return he's unbanned and threads everywhere. Maybe donates a considerable amount to the team? There has to be something.

Deleted
    Great idea @Jaylock - I would be happy to see this feature.

Deleted
    no, diablo is arpg, wow is mmorpg, doesn't fit for mmorpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Because people just love RNG...

Why not have RNG zones next expansion! Zones whose quest content and layout changes every few hours! Surely those zones wouldn't be shallow as hell.
    What about... RNG character creation, and you must accept it or fuk off?

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It'd be an interesting feature, and to build upon your Naga idea, I'd have 10 bosses in total-1 Naga end boss (Could alternate between male and female like in Violet Hold), and 3 bosses in 3 separate wings. Each wing is the same length, but different landscape-wise. For the Naga dungeon, one wing is cavernous, another is water and the other a sandy beach.
    Only one wing would be open to get to the final boss, and wings keep alternating to keep things fresh.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

I think the reason this wouldn't work is because of the graphics and style of the game. Diablo 3 uses tiles which can easily be dropped into place, making a space as large or as small as the generator allows. All of the dungeons in WoW are created cohesively and as a single piece. I like the idea of it being a chase after an Infinite Dragonflight dude as a reason for even being there and as an explanation for how or why it changes. Just not sure if it would work.

No Jay, no.

Why? Because it's lazy. I want Blizzard to put some effort into making great content. D3 dungeons look like something made with a boosted free-to-use mapmaker. It's cool because D3 is a single payment game, but with WoW being subscription based, I want something back for the continuous stream of money I am generously giving them.

It's a can of worms, because by now it is already hard to distinguish WoW design decisions from D3 design decisions (talking RNG, streamlining, keystone system...).

It is already very obvious to anyone who has ever played the Diablo franchise that Blizzard probably has already a full team of ex-Diablo devs working on WoW and implementing their ideas. It shows, and I personally do not like it just as I do not enjoy the whole D3 system after you finish the game once.

If they take it just one or two steps further, we might as well call WoW the new Diablo.

Quote Originally Posted by jettzypher View Post
    I think the reason this wouldn't work is because of the graphics and style of the game. Diablo 3 uses tiles which can easily be dropped into place, making a space as large or as small as the generator allows. All of the dungeons in WoW are created cohesively and as a single piece. I like the idea of it being a chase after an Infinite Dragonflight dude as a reason for even being there and as an explanation for how or why it changes. Just not sure if it would work.
    Also, D3's engine is newer than WoW's.

Still, I think it could work. Although I would suggest that it happen in stages. At the end of each stage you need to choose to bail and take a reward, or risk everything to keep going, while each new stage gets progressively more difficult ala M+ style.

But at that point it's basically Greater Rifts from D3. So meh... really they oughta just ditch WoW and start a new MMORPG using all the lesson's they've learned in the past decade and a half. They're already selling out for Destiny 2, so I don't see why it would be an issue.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    This is one of the Diablo-themed changes they could make that I would support.
    It would breathe life into stagnant dungeon runs and, so long as it is purely optional and with no positive/negative effects when compared to normal dungeons, would be a welcomed change.
    Those who simply want to be done as fast as possible because they don't like doing dungeons can just run the regular old boring slog of expectancy while others who are tired of it but also like dungeons can get a bit of a mix in the monotony.
    As long as loot and loot tables remain the same (boss #1, regardless of what it is, can drop these 10-12 items from a set lootlist), then there wouldn't be a benefit of doing one or the other aside from pure preference.
    Win/Win for all, really.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Damn Jaylock, how many shitposts can you make in a week?

People get lost in dungeons that have been in the game for like, 10 years. Too many players still can't even find the dungeon entrance after dying.

No more D3 features in WoW. If that's the game you like, go play it. WoW should be an immersive world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xStevooo View Post
    I think he has a deal with the mods on MMO-Champ, i see him banned ALL THE TIME - then on my return he's unbanned and threads everywhere. Maybe donates a considerable amount to the team? There has to be something.
    Yea, he does get banned frequently. His threads are like a staple of the mmo-c experience.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    no, thank you

I feel its inevitable. WoW feels like it is becoming the test bed for Diablo MMO coming out in 5-10 years.

Also, D3's engine is newer than WoW's.

Still, I think it could work. Although I would suggest that it happen in stages. At the end of each stage you need to choose to bail and take a reward, or risk everything to keep going, while each new stage gets progressively more difficult ala M+ style.
    Perhaps. Maybe each "segment" is a portal or the entrance of a cave that is just laid over a wall and exits to another dungeon or zone. I like the idea of going further increases difficulty, but I think the experience would be better served as simply complete the dungeon for stuff and it has a designated end point.

WoW should be an immersive world.
    WoW is immersive and this type of content does not keep it from being so.

I would enjoy it on a limited scale, but as it relates to WoW, the game developers would be incapable of providing enough artwork for the feature.

I've wanted this for a long time.

I'm about to turn into old-man ro9ue with this, but in EverQuest 1 there was an expansion called Lost Dungeons of Norrath. It was the first true instanced, contained dungeon experience I had in an MMO. Basically what happened was you used an old LFG tool to find a group for a particular dungeon, and then when you entered it, you had a random map, random objectives and random enemies.

The expansion itself to EQ1 players wasn't really that popular because people there preferred the outdoor experience (plus it just had weak content otherwise) but for WoW, where the playerbase is accustomed to instanced content like that I think it would go a long way.

The main difference you have to consider is how does that actually work in a more complex 3D world. Something like that might be easy for a locked camera angle game like D3 or a simple 3D world like EQ1, but for WoW? Not sure.

I also think the WoW devs are too controlling of the game experience they want to provide. I can't see them allowing an RNG machine to dictate a totally random experience for players - they like to polish their stuff.

While the Blizzard game devs are some of the best in the industry, my counterpoint to that above argument (assuming they would make that) would be they aren't working on a single player game. A rigidly designed experience works well for just your run of the mill RPG, but for an MMO where replayability should be paramount, and content is being run over and over, where players would probably want a more varied experience - then I think random content wins out.