Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Any chance heroic KJ survives the week?

Archimonde Heroic was pretty difficult IIRC, but was still cleared by all top guilds week 1. Any chance they made heroic KJ super overtuned? Havn't seen much of the fight on the PTR.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's Heroic. The better question is if there's any chance H Kil'Jaeden survives longer than 24 hours. Nobody managed to kill him on the PTR (as far as I'm aware) So that might give some hope though on a not instant kill

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Archimonde Heroic was pretty difficult IIRC, but was still cleared by all top guilds week 1. Any chance they made heroic KJ super overtuned? Havn't seen much of the fight on the PTR.
    you're more likely to see show stopping bugs than an overtuned H-KJ.

In ptr people was at 905 ilvl and boss had more than 9 billions of hp with 30 people, so everyone die in intermission (80%) top guilds are close 920 and gonna be a few ilvl more when they meet kiljaelden. so it should die in 24 or 48 hrs.

Quote Originally Posted by Otrew View Post
    In ptr people was at 905 ilvl and boss had more than 9 billions of hp with 30 people, so everyone die in intermission (80%) top guilds are close 920 and gonna be a few ilvl more when they meet kiljaelden. so it should die in 24 or 48 hrs.
    Actually...

They were only at 890 ilvl...

If no guilds clear H KJ in the first week, then the encounter is likely out of reach for the vast majority of guilds without substantial nerfs. This is not good design and would be a catastrophic failure on Blizzard's part.

Last boss in a heroic instance should be hard, yes, but it shouldn't be harder than any mythic bosses beyond the first two or three.

2 Days Max.

Quote Originally Posted by Siraeyou View Post
    It's Heroic. The better question is if there's any chance H Kil'Jaeden survives longer than 24 hours. Nobody managed to kill him on the PTR (as far as I'm aware) So that might give some hope though on a not instant kill
    Perhaps im misremembering but I could have sworn Archimonde Heroic lasted like 5 days

No. He might last the day, but even that is a stretch nowadays imo.

No chance at all.

Perhaps im misremembering but I could have sworn Archimonde Heroic lasted like 5 days
    Heroic Archimonde was surprisingly hard. Four days according to wowprogress.

You're comparing apples to oranges. Archimonde was specifically tuned around the legendary ring, which no one had week 1, there's nothing of the sorts for KJ. So its impossible to compare.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Heroic Archimonde was surprisingly hard. Four days according to wowprogress.
    Well, IIRC top guilds didn't even bother to kill him with mains until very last days before reset. They were too busy running X amount of split runs rather than focusing on Archimonde with full main grp.

Ya Archimonde was tough enough that it wasn't worth spending time on with such large splits by the top guilds. IIRC the first guild to down him on heroic was paragons alt guild or something like that and then the rest downed him later in the week after finishing up their business. Tho there was definitely some guilds putting multiple nights into just heroic archimonde on week 1 (and for worse guilds, beyond week 1, being 2/13 or 3/13 mythic before downing H Archi).

I think KJ may likely be tough (tougher than gul'dan heroic) but i'd be surprised if as tough as archimonde still.

Definitely won't survive the entire week, would be poor design and tuning if it did.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    You're comparing apples to oranges. Archimonde was specifically tuned around the legendary ring, which no one had week 1, there's nothing of the sorts for KJ. So its impossible to compare.
    archimonde wasn't tuned for the ring, and i believe he was down on mythic before we ever got the rings

Quote Originally Posted by Vichan View Post
    archimonde wasn't tuned for the ring, and i believe he was down on mythic before we ever got the rings
    You'd think incorrectly. They even openly admitted that Heroic Archimonde was tuned around the legendary ring.

A more fun question is how long mythic KJ lasts. Where's the office pool on that?

Deleted
    Why would anyone even care about Heroic? No one is keeping score. Mythic is where the race starts.

I recently joined a new guild on my main, after previous guild fell apart over poor attendance in May (even officers and raid leaders weren't showing up).

I am still getting to know new guild mates, but we are opening with 3 nights a week, hoping to clear H and start M sometime in July. Guess I should get off MMO-C and get back to studying YouTube videos for the raid.

In heroic he will die on the first day depending on who raids, after Wed/Thurs dead for sure many times over. Heroic is such a joke most guilds that go bananas in mythic progression don't adjust raid times during heroics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    I recently joined a new guild on my main, after previous guild fell apart over poor attendance in May (even officers and raid leaders weren't showing up).

I am still getting to know new guild mates, but we are opening with 3 nights a week, hoping to clear H and start M sometime in July. Guess I should get off MMO-C and get back to studying YouTube videos for the raid.
    3 nights a week and you are okay with being in heroic for up to 6 weeks, Yuck.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."