Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'm a bit sad about ToS because I enjoyed pugging NH heroic on my alts (without voice comms) but it seems like ToS will be very difficult to manage that ... even after people get used the fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Saybel View Post
    I don't see why it would be a PITA for blood, I've not noticed anything difficult or unusual.
    Lack of movement speed, my bood DK alt feels soooooooooooooo slow and just seems on that fight moving slow, esp after RNG chooses you / or player accident .. causes you to have to jump down the hole and you get blown across the map.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    After already doing a 8/9 clear in a normal pug with 910+ ilevel people, I can tell already tell you that the Maiden of Vigilance will be a pugbreaker in mechanics 100%.

Fallen Avatar is a dps check, we barely made it with 910 ilevel raid wide.
    In the pug I killed Maiden on, the fel and holy sides mechanic was pretty easy to handle, as was the jumping off the ledge if you get the bomb debuff.

The mechanic that people were failing at was the phase where she is pulsing damage and creating the fel and holy orbs. People didn't understand that you need to move as a group and everyone needs to run over the correct orbs, yellow if you are debuffed with holy and green if you are debuffed with fel.

Once the group figured that out, she went down easy. The orbs for each one the group hits will explode on the group buffing you by 5% per orb. So if done correctly, you can get 10 stacks of that (thats the highest i saw on myself) and if the whole raid moved together thats a 50% damage and healing buff for like 15-20 seconds each phase.

Avatar was pretty easy on normal, the thing that wiped the pug i was in was the splinter (which was an easy mechanic) but people couldnt get out of the way of the splinters. After people figured that out, and also to only attack the maiden when she puts her shield up, we got him down.

Our group killed these bosses without a voice comm. Several of the bosses, no one had even tried before last night too, so there was some journal reading going on.

All in all, ToS is a very entertaining raid. It doesn't even feel like its a long raid either, the bosses are well placed and not a whole lot of trash between each.

Deleted
    Maiden is really easy but it's huge retard check. One person can screw you all up

Desolate Host will probably be block with possibility of really big dps check on Avatar

Misty phase on Kil'jaeden is pain in the ass too

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    Lack of movement speed, my bood DK alt feels soooooooooooooo slow and just seems on that fight moving slow, esp after RNG chooses you / or player accident .. causes you to have to jump down the hole and you get blown across the map.
    Then don't get blown across the map.
    You get blown the opposite direction of where you're facing, so if you go into the hole with the maiden at your back, you should get thrown up and land near her

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Then don't get blown across the map.
    You get blown the opposite direction of where you're facing, so if you go into the hole with the maiden at your back, you should get thrown up and land near her
    ah thanks for the tip, didn't realize that it seemed totally random to us.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    If found if I face my body toward the middle of the room I always get knocked backwards. If I'm facing mobility issues I just wear boots

guess having a lot of legendaries at your disposal makes your life more convenient
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

im 7/9 heroic now and i can surely say maiden ! requires huge amount of collaboration. we killed it after 50tries and around 8 hours (that long cos we needed to replace some again and againt)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    In the pug I killed Maiden on, the fel and holy sides mechanic was pretty easy to handle, as was the jumping off the ledge if you get the bomb debuff.

The mechanic that people were failing at was the phase where she is pulsing damage and creating the fel and holy orbs. People didn't understand that you need to move as a group and everyone needs to run over the correct orbs, yellow if you are debuffed with holy and green if you are debuffed with fel.

Once the group figured that out, she went down easy. The orbs for each one the group hits will explode on the group buffing you by 5% per orb. So if done correctly, you can get 10 stacks of that (thats the highest i saw on myself) and if the whole raid moved together thats a 50% damage and healing buff for like 15-20 seconds each phase.

Avatar was pretty easy on normal, the thing that wiped the pug i was in was the splinter (which was an easy mechanic) but people couldnt get out of the way of the splinters. After people figured that out, and also to only attack the maiden when she puts her shield up, we got him down.

Our group killed these bosses without a voice comm. Several of the bosses, no one had even tried before last night too, so there was some journal reading going on.

All in all, ToS is a very entertaining raid. It doesn't even feel like its a long raid either, the bosses are well placed and not a whole lot of trash between each.

Says the guy with 3/9 heroic kills on his advertised character.
    You're literally just quoting guides in your post for all boss mechanics. Take your debauchery elsewhere Jaylock.

I think heroic Mistress will be hell for pure pugs.

At 7/9 Heroic my guild went

Goroth 1 wipe
    Inquisition 1 wipe
    Harjatan one shot
    Mistress 6 wipes (cut low performers)
    Sisters one shot
    Desolate host 6 wipes, I could see this being a pug killer, required quite a bit of communication
    Maiden (cut group down to 10 man) 6 wipes, wouldn't even try with a pug, but actually quite a bit easier as a smaller group and less chances of fuck ups.

Good pugs should be able do most of the fights, I'd suggest if your pugging Maidens to try it with 10man only.

8/9 Heroic cleared

Pugbreaking bosses atleast for heroic will probably be Desolate Host, Mistress, Maiden and probably Avatar. Desolate Host is the easier one of those 4. It requires handling debuffs correctly and its somewhat a dps race atleast in the last phase. Mistress is relatively high on my list, just because of all the shit that happens in this fight; its probably the most entertaining bossfight. Maiden is just that people will probably fail pretty hard with collecting orbs or jumping down the hole too early/too late, especially the whole jumping down mechanic will cause a lot of wipes for pugs. Avatar is a huge DPS check and if you have bad dps that kill themselves with debuffs, aren't soaking, arent focussing the add etc, you will have a bad time. Also tanks not moving the add asap to interrupt beams will cause a ton of wipes.

I think Sisters are pretty easy tbh. You can play it relatively messy and you can still kill the boss quite easily tbh. We fucked up our kill on heroic pretty greatly and were still able to down the boss with 12 players out of 24 left easily, as long as you have decent dps and healers left for that.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

No need to move as a group. Have each side (fel/holy) stack on top of each other between the inner/middle orb path. Have 1-2 people grab the orbs on either side instead of the entire group. Makes it so much easier rather than everyone spread out trying to get their own. That will most likely be the "pug" strat as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sykretts View Post
    Says the guy with 3/9 heroic kills on his advertised character.
    You're literally just quoting guides in your post for all boss mechanics. Take your debauchery elsewhere Jaylock.
    Not even sure where to begin with this post. You can clearly see in my profile i've killed 8/9 on normal, and all the mechanics I talked about relate to normal just as much as they relate to heroic. I assure you I will full clear heroic within the first couple weeks of this raid being out though, so no need to worry whether I completed the raid or not. lol.

also, inb4 "herpa derp you didn't complet the rayd the firs day it come out!"
    Last edited by Jaylock; 2017-06-23 at 10:04 PM.

Ppl are talking about Desolate Host and Maiden as if they are the big pugbreakers atm, but most normal pugs (as in, ppl with 900-910 iLvl gear, not talking about grps that exclusively inv ppl with full NH Mythic gear) get stuck on Mistress. I've probably spent close to 8 hours "progressing" on that boss in pugs now, in 4 different raids. Ppl just can't keep up once p2 and p3 kicks in. Once they have to move to avoid the oneshotfish or bring shit over to the whale to make him go away, Dps just drops too much on the adds, we get overwhelmed and ppl start dying / we die to the softenrage when tornadoes start going back and forth constantly.

Ofc bosses like Host and Maiden will becomes the new "walls" once ppl outgear/learn Mistress, but she seems to be where most pugs fall apart now.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Went through 5 or 6 tanks today on normal Host and none of them knew how to handle the last 30%. Would not pug heroic.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

Quote Originally Posted by nVIDIA View Post
    The desolate host
    Already Pugged HC Sesolate Host 2 times (Soul Engine boss). All i did was stand on the right side of the room and heal my group. That's it. Hardly even moved, just dodged incoming shit from time to time. It felt about as hard as Harjatan.

Same with HC Sisters. Stupid easy - just move from one part of the room to the other and sometimes dodge glaives. That's it.

Mistress can be carried by good healers (most pugs fail Hydro Shots, so you have to heal them through their fuckups)
    Last edited by Korban; 2017-06-25 at 01:50 AM.

Regular HC pugs will be broken from Demonic upwards, since every boss after Goroth favors mechanics over dps... And there are dpa checks that a normal pug just cant meet... Like Host under 30%, sisters adds and shields, mistress tornados and eels, Maidens 'Thadius' group swapping and bombs, Avatar simple dps check is probably higher than a mediocere pug can get and Kill'Jaeden is at a whole new level with burst aoe check on adds, phase 2 intermission with the darkness, and the red balls that need a good kiter...

Overall, pugging HC ToS sounds like the shittiest thing to do... At least untill people get a bit more gear and get used to the mechanics

Madness will consume you!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Otrew View Post
    desoalte was one shoot in normal with my pug, not so hard maiden is the pug breaker
    Well desolate is chopped prety much for normal with missing 2 of critical abilityes makes the fight prety much easy
    The only boss who actually wipe us on normal was Avatar and most specificly the add there
    Maiden will be funny too for pugs but if ppl pay attention is not a big deal
    KJ was prety easy on Normal too but on Heroic with pug will be a nightmare i set this boss right next to Blackhand Heroic
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2017-06-25 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by elprofessor View Post
    NHC: not a single boss

HC: the first ~2 weeks high wipe counter will start after 3/9 (sisters/mistress/reliquary of souls/maiden/avatar/kiljaeden)
    After 3 weeks high wipe counter will still be around for maiden/avatar/kiljaeden
    Kiljaeden will be the pug killer for several weeks. It will take some time until we will see HC KJ oneshots in pugs.
    What the heck are you talking about NHC and HC? Do you mean Normal and Heroic? Because NHC and HC don't mean that.