Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Death Stranding is in a Playable State and coming before 2019.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/...-and-More.html

Despite failing to appear at E3 2017 following Hideo Kojima stating as much, Death Stranding is apparently in a playable state right now, and Shawn Layden, President of Sony Interactive America, has played it.

Addressing the game's E3 absence in a chat with The Telegraph and the CGI trailers shown thus far, Layden responded, stating, "it's up and running." This is thanks in now small part to Death Stranding making use of Horizon Zero Dawn's powerful Decima engine.

"It’s been aided tremendously after Kojima-San decided to co-opt the Decima engine from Guerrilla. And, gosh, that really gave him a leg up to get up and running and test it and have some prototype levels running. I couldn’t explain to you what the game is…" Layden added.

"I have actually played some of it," Layden then revealed. When asked if Death Stranding is as "revolutionary" as Kojima has being saying it will be, Layden replied: "All that and more!" He then went on to confirm that the game "actually exists," which is good to know.

Death Stranding is so much more than just ideas and CGI teaser trailers then. It actually exists, and will be coming to PlayStation 4 before 2019.

I highly expect it to been shown at PSX with a release date of fall 2018 now.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Assuming that's all not just smoke from Sony, good chance it pops up this December at PSX.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Assuming that's all not just smoke from Sony, good chance it pops up this December at PSX.
    I find it unlikely its smoke from Sony, But there is always that small chance that it is.

Ether way I'm really interested in what the game could be. I also find it likely it will be at PSX, Shu tweeted out that held back stuff from E3 to show then.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Honestly. While my hype has died down a lot the game still has me intrigued. That's all I can really say.

Maybe this will be at PSX. What really needs to be at PSX this year though is FF7, KH3 and other big stuff. Because they didn't show anything super big at E3 which leads me to believe they are saving the big guns for PSX and from now on doing it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Honestly. While my hype has died down a lot the game still has me intrigued. That's all I can really say.

Maybe this will be at PSX. What really needs to be at PSX this year though is FF7, KH3 and other big stuff. Because they didn't show anything super big at E3 which leads me to believe they are saving the big guns for PSX and from now on doing it that way.
    Since its Sony's show, I find that quite likely. Shu even tweeted out that they held back for PSX.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sony held back at E3, no Death Stranding, no FromSoft game, no nothing. They probably have everything ready for PSX.

Still expecting this to be the big late summer, autumn going on halloween release for sony.

10+ Year Old Account
    I assume it's a renamed or changed Silent Hills, but how much it resembles what they were going to make probably depends on how much was shown/shared with Konami as legalities come into play. If that's the case then I hope they have enough quality ideas leftover.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2017-06-21 at 07:01 PM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Sony held back at E3, no Death Stranding, no FromSoft game, no nothing. They probably have everything ready for PSX.
    I think a fair few devs are considering E3 as going downhill. Nowadays its used more as fodder for cringe compilations not goodwill advertising, nintendos controlled message system works far better. I think sony is saving for PSX from now on as the norm.

Lets be honest they had to start selling E3 tickets to the public for a reason, shits not pulling in the money like it used to.

Is this like when MGSV was in a playable state back in 2012?

Ya, we'll see it in 2020 if we're lucky. Kojima will probably go over budget 10 times over, release a game without a proper 2nd half and ending and his cult followers will blame Sony for it (note: I don't like Konami as a company but the MGSV mishap was entirely on the shoulders of the captain of that ship, he couldn't finish an entire game in half a decade that's his fault)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Is this like when MGSV was in a playable state back in 2012?

Ya, we'll see it in 2020 if we're lucky. Kojima will probably go over budget 10 times over, release a game without a proper 2nd half and ending and his cult followers will blame Sony for it (note: I don't like Konami as a company but the MGSV mishap was entirely on the shoulders of the captain of that ship, he couldn't finish an entire game in half a decade that's his fault)
    It's refreshing to see someone actually pay attention to Konami's comments instead of the pro Hideo circlejerk.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Not too interested in this, but I will wait until gameplay is shown before making any true judgments.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

anyone wanna try make a guess what this game is about? Big bang?

Looks so interesting ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    It being so confusing has me intrigued.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    I assume it's a renamed or changed Silent Hills, but how much it resembles what they were going to make probably depends on how much was shown/shared with Konami as legalities come into play. If that's the case then I hope they have enough quality ideas leftover.
    Nothing about the aesthetic of Death Stranding resembles Silent Hill in any way, and yes I know this is an old post but it didn't back then either. There is no reason to believe it has anything to do with the shelved Silent Hills concept.

Just spitballing, but seems like maybe the talk about a big bang and a second explosion means there is basically a hole or weakening of boundaries between our universe/dimension and an adjacent one. Or maybe these are people who basically died in the second explosion, but were tossed into the adjacent dimension and are seen as invaders/trespassers and get eliminated when found.

Got nothing to explain the babies though, as we haven't seen any women yet. I'm guessing its not something as simple as growing babies are a beacon to the alien beings and the only way they can protect their gestation period is in those pods. Probably something more metaphysical/symbolic seeing as there are some pretty heavy eldritch vibes going on here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Clearly the game is about humanity struggle against konami who got all its workers turned into monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Maybe there are no women anymore?
    Could be. They did allude to the first big bang bringing life, so presumably the 2nd one brings death and women "make life" as it were. Or merely that if gestation is a huge beacon to the aliens, most women were already wiped out before they developed the artificial wombs.

That trailer was great, but also very different to Kojimas usual 'story supercut' trailers. That felt more like an opening cutscene, or at least part of one.

7+ Year Old Account
    Extremely hyped for Death Stranding. Maybe this will replace my #1 gamespot that is currently occupied by the Metal Gear Solid saga. It has two of my favorite actors, an ambience I like and knowing Kojima the gameplay will be awesome like always. I just hope there is ample room for emotion in the game and more cutscenes.