Scandinavia's social trust a gold mine - threatened by non-European immigration

Nordic countries have the highest levels of social trust in the world. This benefits both the economy and individuals and society as a whole, according to a new report from the Nordic Council of Ministers. But now threatened by immigration, then the trust among people born outside Europe is particularly low.

The Nordic societies tops the list of social trust in the world. The Nordic trust is not only unique but very valuable.

The Nordic Council's Secretary General Dagfinn Høybråten explains to echo that it indeed is a "gold mine". This is also the title of the new report: "Trust - Nordic gold".

When communities have high levels of social trust, they serve namely better and need such as not to waste resources on ensuring that agreements are enforced, they do anyway. A society with less reliance requires more bureaucracy and control.

According to the Nordic Council of Ministers, the economic growth of a country to rise by half a percentage point of social trust increases by ten percentage points, writes echo.

But the strange Nordic confidence threatened by immigration.

As far as immigrants are particularly low confidence among people born in countries outside Europe, the SOM Institute's research report "interpersonal trust builds good communities" previously shown. Except Europeans have dominated immigration to Sweden in recent decades.

According to the Nordic Council's new report is particularly serious if confidence in the Nordic countries is decreasing. This is because the Nordic welfare societies are built on the high trust.

- We are citizens who come from other cultures where they can not take the same level of trust for granted. To ensure good integration is crucial for us to maintain the high trust and good values ​​in the future, says the Nordic Council Dagfinn Høybråten to echo today.

The Nordic Council's report, which calls immigration a "challenge", states explicitly that homogeneous communities have more social trust:

"The Nordic countries had a general welfare state that avoided the creation of the classes in society have had a positive impact on social trust. It is generally the case that communities with homogenous population, not least in economic terms, have better conditions for high social trust. Scientists has expressed it as 'the more similar others are to yourself, the more you tend to trust them.' "

"This applies particularly in respect of income equality, but also to some extent linguistic and ethnic equality," the report clarifies.

Report: http://norden.diva-portal.org/smash/...51&dswid=-2045

Deleted
    The social trust and culturally homogenous population are what have enabled the famous Scandinavian welfare in the first place. A healthy form of nationalism, where people see their countrymen and -women ultimately as members of the same "family", gives incentive for people to work together towards a common goal. It's incomprehensible how multiculturalists think it could be improved by deliberately importing the most regressive possible cultures that represent the complete opposite of Scandinavian values.
    Last edited by mmocd6a9ba639c; 2017-06-21 at 07:16 AM.

What the hell is this completely broken english in the OP ? Most of the sentences are unreadable.

Greedy leftist politicians rely on lazy uneducated minorities for votes. Look at Detroit and Chicago to see Scandinavia in 30 years..

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    What the hell is this completely broken english in the OP ? Most of the sentences are unreadable.
    As it's often the case, OP just lazily google translated a scandinavian book or something. It's still quite readable, though.

Because like 90% of these threads, the OP just copy and pastes the propaganda without adding anything. This time it was put through Google translate's awful mechanism first. Because an article in another language would be locked immediately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, I can't hear you over my virtue.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    As it's often the case, OP just lazily google translated a scandinavian book or something. It's still quite readable, though.
    Well, I can get what I think is most of the meaning, but that's only "readable" in the most technical sense. It's still a fucking pain to translate into something intelligible and feels more like decryption than reading.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Because like 90% of these threads, the OP just copy and pastes the propaganda without adding anything. This time it was put through Google translate's awful mechanism first. Because an article in another language would be locked immediately.
    Are you saying this is wrong?

That there isn't higher trust among a homogeneous society than a society that breaks that homogeneity? Because that isn't even a crazy claim, that is like basic common sense. We literally evolved to be that way, we are tribal.

Well, I can get what I think is most of the meaning, but that's only "readable" in the most technical sense. It's still a fucking pain to translate into something intelligible and feels more like decryption than reading.
    I take pride in unscrambling the mumbo jumbo that sometimes comes out of google translate.

In any case, I don't fully agree with OP's sentiment that the "trust" within Scandinavian countries is now shattered or something because they have immigrants. Sounds like a disease when you put it this way. It's not like people will stop working, doing their best and generally become less trustworthy just because a certain % of the population isn't native Scandinavian. As if that triggered them.

Becuase he can't actually creat his own threads and just copies his alt right bullshit right off some propaganda site?

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    I take pride in unscrambling the mumbo jumbo that sometimes comes out of google translate.

In any case, I don't fully agree with OP's sentiment that the "trust" within Scandinavian countries is now shattered or something because they have immigrants. Sounds like a disease when you put it this way. It's not like people will stop working, doing their best and generally become less trustworthy just because a certain % of the population isn't native Scandinavian. As if that triggered them.
    I've no idea if it's true or not, but the reasoning sounds rather logical : social trust is about trusting your society on how resource are allocated, and will be usefully put to work and not abused.
    I can imagine that using resources for people with difficult integration, especially if they are numerous, can grow the feeling of "they are just leeching us" that is so prevalent in so many countries, hence lowering social trust overall (because people start to feel that their taxes go to waste).

Deleted
    Well, you know. When people show they cannot be trusted, it's not weird that they're not trusted.

I've no idea if it's true or not, but the reasoning sounds rather logical : social trust is about trusting your society on how resource are allocated, and will be usefully put to work and not abused.
    I can imagine that using resources for people with difficult integration, especially if they are numerous, can grow the feeling of "they are just leeching us" that is so prevalent in so many countries, hence lowering social trust overall (because people start to feel that their taxes go to waste).
    Of course it's logical because it's oversimplifying the problems.

When you leave immigrants to themselves they build ghettos. When you stop enforcing laws because you fear being labeled racist you get areas where Sharia law is enforced by criminial Muslims. When you don't force immigrants to take up in-depth language and culture courses they tend to isolate. This is an overreaching problem, not just one that has shown in the recent 2 years where those waves of refugees swept over Europe.

Germany has utterly failed to integrate their Gastarbeiters. This was admitted by Merkel herself.

But that's not a problem of immigration. It's a problem of mismanagement, false promises and utopian expectations.