Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Which legendaries are you BrMs upgrading first?

Hey guys, just curious which legendaries you are choosing to update first as Brewmasters. For me it will likely be chest/trinket or chest/stagger ring.

chest/new ring

Deleted
    Chest > Shoulder > Healbelt > Stagger Ring > WW/MW Legendaries

Deleted
    I upgraded my archimonde trinket but I only have 3; that, the helmet and bracer. I should get a 4th one this week and hopefully it will be one i use

Why is everyone still using the chest? It has little defensive value. Belt/bracers should be the way to go.

Deleted
    due to the dps rotation. Without chest you have a break for 3-5 sec because breath of fire is not recharged, with the chest no break.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xequecal View Post
    Why is everyone still using the chest? It has little defensive value. Belt/bracers should be the way to go.
    Don't underestimate the EB generation from those breath of fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

Deleted
    Consider usage and stat budget. If I had all on my monk, that would mean Chest -> Shoulders -> Stagger Ring -> Heal Belt. Why? Because the DPS setup will be Chest/Shoulders and defensive setups will be Chest/Ring or Chest/Belt depending on how good the belt gets on certain fights and maybe Ring/Belt if you have a fight where very little things can be dodged (Desolate Host Spirit Realm maybe). In sum Chest wins on usage, Shoulders win over rest because stat budget and I think ring will see more play than belt, but that is conjecture at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Between Patch 7.2.5 and shifting from t19 to t20, Brewmasters have lost 10% Stagger value and 10% Purify value, on top of the difficult-to-quantify reduction in overall Purify efficiency caused by the ISB cap. Bracers and Belt both lost a lot of value with the patch. This is doubly true when combined with T20 bonuses, which add healing and Stagger reduction but don't give real in-the-moment damage reduction.

Chest, Trinket, Ring are all far more valuable than Bracers/Belt in 7.2.5.

If you're concerned about stat budget, upgrade the helm, it's got far better secondaries and has the same armor/agi/sta as the chest slot. There's no way 4 extra EB stacks per minute beat the helm's effect. The chest has little defensive value and also has haste on it which is the worst secondary.

If you're concerned about stat budget, upgrade the helm, it's got far better secondaries and has the same armor/agi/sta as the chest slot. There's no way 4 extra EB stacks per minute beat the helm's effect.
    If you need another cd take new ring. Helm is no longer needed. Unless they are gonna add Malkorok 2.0.
    Last edited by Grobovshik; 2017-06-22 at 01:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grobovshik View Post
    If need another cd take new ring. Helm is no longer needed. Unless they are gonna add Malkorok 2.0.
    Seconded. DH is far superior to being cc'ed via Zen Med for 5+ seconds.
    Also, Stam from Ring (despite being unsexy) is better for surviving burst than the stats from Helm.
    Last edited by Llarold; 2017-06-22 at 01:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're concerned about stat budget, upgrade the helm, it's got far better secondaries and has the same armor/agi/sta as the chest slot. There's no way 4 extra EB stacks per minute beat the helm's effect. The chest has little defensive value and also has haste on it which is the worst secondary.
    You actually take more damage by taking all hits during zen med than by doing regular rotation and dodging a ton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

Can someone explain why BrMs don't use Prydaz? An extra million hp sounds like a pretty good deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    Can someone explain why BrMs don't use Prydaz? An extra million hp sounds like a pretty good deal.
    Because of stagger we aren't vulnerable to spike damage as much as other tanks. While absorb is nice it's not necessary because we already have tons of damage smoothing. It's far more useful to select a legendary that allows you to choose WHEN you want to benefit from its effect. For example the archi trinket is already better than Prydaz because you get to choose when to activate it. Much better to choose a legendary that either gives us more damage or allows us to activate during specific, particularly dangerous boss moments. Or one that benefits us the whole fight like the stagger ring.

- - - Updated - - -

Ugh such BS. Firstly the extra EB stacks from BoF is pretty sweet, nothing to sneeze at. Secondly haste is great and one of the better secondaries.

Are you kidding me? The belt is absolutely pathetic with the stagger nerf and the cheese prevention in place. Bracers are also pretty laughable as the last thing we need are more brews.

Chest is the most stats(even if you don't value haste the raw stam/agi is ridiculous on a 970 chest), good offense, and generates more EB stacks. It's still easily a top 2 legendary.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope this isn't serious, the helm is literally worthless. It used to have a minor niche use as a cd but now you're actually taking more damage by making use of it(and not doing damage during it to boot). Pure shit tier. I don't think you understand how the class works since the patch tbh...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    Consider usage and stat budget. If I had all on my monk, that would mean Chest -> Shoulders -> Stagger Ring -> Heal Belt. Why? Because the DPS setup will be Chest/Shoulders and defensive setups will be Chest/Ring .
    Got chest, shoulders and stagger ring to upgrade first. Exactly for the reasons above. Then my ToD gloves and let's see what next lego I get, cause upgrading boots and Cyndaria seems like last resort to be done by the way.

Deleted
    What next you get will already be 970, so no reason to upgrade that then. Cynidaria can have some uses in m+ maybe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    What next you get will already be 970, so no reason to upgrade that then. Cynidaria can have some uses in m+ maybe.
    I know they will be 970 - just meant that I just won't bother actively working on the others. I tried Cyndaria in many m+ before and it's either chest+shoulders (for faceroll and aoe burn) or chest+ring for harder content. I have those 2 sets keybound to alternate between pulls anyway. Cyndaria healing is hardly worth the loss of neither chest nor shoulders in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    You actually take more damage by taking all hits during zen med than by doing regular rotation and dodging a ton.
    I'll admit I did not think about this, but I still don't get the rest of the sentiment in this thread. People say that BrM has no trouble with spike damage, and then everyone takes HT over ED. People say that bracers suck because we have more than enough brews, and then say haste is a good stat.

It's utterly absurd to rank chest as #1 legendary ahead of the belt and both rings considering how little the effect actually does.