Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Aren't people entitled to picking their doctors in Canada? I remember reading an article a while back about the gynecologist association trying to discourage the practice, but I don't know if that picked up any wind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Plenty of Americans don't have insurance, can't afford big medical costs out of pocket, and make too much income to qualify for government support.
    All of that may be true but in the United States if you go to the hospital with an injury or in a serious condition (like a heart attack or stroke in progress), you will get treated. They don't turn you away if you don't have insurance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    All of that may be true but in the United States if you go to the hospital with an injury or in a serious condition (like a heart attack or stroke in progress), you will get treated. They don't turn you away if you don't have insurance.
    This is just straight-up not true.

You'll get emergency care, and your family will potentially get bankrupted as a result, but once they've stabilized whatever the issue is temporarily, that's done.

If you go to Emergency with a heart attack, they'll get you through it. If you need a heart bypass to prevent future attacks, you will not receive that surgery, not unless you have insurance that will cover it or can pay out of pocket. They'll just wait till you have another heart attack, and give you emergency treatment again, and keep that cycle up until they finally can't bring you back.

10+ Year Old Account

You'll get emergency care... If you go to Emergency with a heart attack, they'll get you through it.
    Okay you just agreed with precisely what I said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay you just agreed with precisely what I said.
    Except that you're ignoring that emergency care is not a replacement for proper treatment. It's a step up from first aid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except that you're ignoring that emergency care is not a replacement for proper treatment. It's a step up from first aid.
    Here's what I said...

... to which you immediately replied with...

... and then you proceeded to agree with everything I said. I'm really tired of your bullshit, Endus. Just stop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's what I said...

... to which you immediately replied with...

... and then you proceeded to agree with everything I said. I'm really tired of your bullshit, Endus. Just stop.
    And that was in response to me saying this;
    Plenty of Americans don't have insurance, can't afford big medical costs out of pocket, and make too much income to qualify for government support.
    So you misleadingly tried to move goalposts to just emergency care, where I was talking about the entire healthcare system.

I didn't play your silly game, is all; I stuck to what I was talking about this whole time.

To make matters worse, when you tried to move goalposts, you said "you will get treated". And that is still a lie. You'll get emergency care, but that's not full treatment. So not only did you try to mislead by moving goalposts, you weren't even correct in how you phrased it once you'd done so.

10+ Year Old Account
    And that was in response to me saying this;
    To which I immediately responded with "All of that may be true." I'm not playing this sophomoric game with you, Endus.

this has got to be one of the most retarded threads I've seen make it this far. why anyone took the OP seriously is fascinating.