Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up Countdown : 10 days till Canada 150

On July 1st, Canada turns 150. It is expected to be an amazing celebration like never seen before. To get us excited, I've decided that it would be a good idea to feature a different attraction each day to get us all hyped.

Today is Lake Louise.

Lake Louise is a hamlet in Banff National Park in the Canadian Rockies, known for its turquoise, glacier-fed lake ringed by high peaks and overlooked by a stately chateau. Hiking trails wind up to the Lake Agnes Tea House for bird's-eye views. There's a canoe dock in summer, and a skating rink on the frozen lake in winter. The Lake Louise Ski Resort features a wildlife interpretive center at the top of a gondola.

It's an incredibly beautiful lake and best visited in summer. If you're the adventurous type go for a hike or kayak. If you're a 1%er stay at the Fairmont Chateu.

However if you can't afford it, you could spend some time in nearby Banff.

Have you been to Lake Louise? How does it compare to other lakes you've visited?

@Forgettable @Sicari @Tyrianth

Congrats on being next to the US and getting to 150 years.
    I kid I kid. or am I?

I wish I could do something like that for Greece, but finding the starting year might be hard, unless I cop out and go for the starting year of the modern Greek Republic. Or the 1600s BC with the rise of Mycenaean kingdoms.

Otherwise, I can imagine anniversary celebrations are nightmares for countries like Greece, China, Persia, etc.

On that the whipper-snapper nations like Canada and the USA have a much easier, better platform for anniversary celebrations.

Canada is less independent than India or Jamaica. Your head of state is the shriveled up Saxe-Coburg and Gotha.

Deleted
    This is actually too beautiful to mock, but there will always be another Tennisape thread.

Deleted
    What is the news value here? It's obvious you love your country but we really don't need to be informed of every single fart that is squeezed out on Canadian soil.

I'm really starting to think you're an AI prototype from a defunct Indian company.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Canada is less independent than India or Jamaica. Your head of state is the shriveled up Saxe-Coburg and Gotha.
    Not to tell you your business or anything, but you might want to double check on Jamaica there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    What is the news value here? It's obvious you love your country but we really don't need to be informed of every single fart that is squeezed out on Canadian soil.

I'm really starting to think you're an AI prototype from a defunct Indian company.
    This is Off Topic not the Reddit news subsection. It's for discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post

You know you don't have to click on every single thread, right?
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or you could focus on the topic and actually comment on Canada 150 and today's featured place.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Not to tell you your business or anything, but you might want to double check on Jamaica there.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...d-of-the-Queen

I made a whole thread about that last year, bruv.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Or you could focus on the topic and actually comment on Canada 150 and today's featured place.
    He's wrong anyway, Jamaica is in the Commonwealth, Big Liz is the Head of State there as well.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...d-of-the-Queen

I made a whole thread about that last year, bruv.
    And seeing as how that hasn't happened yet and Queen Liz still reigns supreme in the Jamaicas, what's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    And seeing as how that hasn't happened yet and Queen Liz still reigns supreme in the Jamaicas, what's your point?
    They are actively considering dumping the Queen, while Canada is laying ass up and taking it.

You know the Queen's role in Canadian Government is strictly ceremonial right? She has no actual authority or political power.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

150? hah i think my grandma have thing in basement older than Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    You know the Queen's role in Canadian Government is strictly ceremonial right? She has no actual authority or political power.
    Same could be said for the UK too. Last time a monarch refused to give Royal Assent was 1708. Great tourist attraction though.

I hadn't realized that Canada was so close to a landmark year That's pretty sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Aw, happy birthday Canada.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Aw, how cute.

I wonder if countries were humans, would that make Canada a teenager?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    I wish I could do something like that for Greece, but finding the starting year might be hard, unless I cop out and go for the starting year of the modern Greek Republic. Or the 1600s BC with the rise of Mycenaean kingdoms.

Otherwise, I can imagine anniversary celebrations are nightmares for countries like Greece, China, Persia, etc.

On that the whipper-snapper nations like Canada and the USA have a much easier, better platform for anniversary celebrations.
    Greece as a country would have to be 1820s, Greeks as a people well before then.

OT: I thought this was some reference to a Canadian knock off of the Indy 500, but it turns out it is just a birthday for the poor man's Australia.