a bit of confusion about Tak'theritrix shoulderpads

Hello guys i have some questions about this leg and the DA rotation.

So atm with 4 points Dark Transformation lasts for 28 sec. and the effect of the shoulder for 30 sec.

But how it works?

i mean when DT is up all the army ghouls and valkyr do more damage or i need tho precast the ghouls and DA and then DT to apply the buff?

because with 28 sec i could (tecnically) cast AOTD then prepot then at 1sec DT...i have then 8 sec for the APO rotation and 20 for the valkyr to maximize the dps...
    Last edited by nicola87; 2017-06-21 at 08:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Atop the Golden Throne, wondering how it was easier to get up than back down.
    Last I checked, the DT buff will only apply to minions that are already active when you cast DT.

So, cast Army/DA/Apoc before DT. (Which you should do anyway with Black Claws once you get it, or your ghoul will be eating into resources for Apoc.)
    Leviatharan - Level 120 Blood Elf Unholy Death Knight - Inscription/Herbalism - <Conflux> - Drak'Tharon US

Now author of Morbid Musings, a blog dedicated to DK theorycraft. Ish.

Quote Originally Posted by nicola87 View Post
    Hello guys i have some questions about this leg and the DA rotation.

So atm with 4 points Dark Transformation lasts for 28 sec. and the effect of the shoulder for 30 sec.

But how it works?

i mean when DT is up all the army ghouls and valkyr do more damage or i need tho precast the ghouls and DA and then DT to apply the buff?

because with 28 sec i could (tecnically) cast AOTD then prepot then at 1sec DT...i have then 8 sec for the APO rotation and 20 for the valkyr to maximize the dps...
    Why don't you just check it yourself. You can see if the buff from the shoulder is applied to the adds and how long the buff is.

But anyways. The buff will only be applied to adds which are active when you use DT. The buff will be 30 second no matter how long your DT time is or how long time the adds are up.

Deleted
    Basically, make sure you have all your pets/ghouls/gargoyle/DA up BEFORE you pop DT. Anything summoned after doesn't benefit from the buff.