Thread: ToS logs

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Balancing isn't done yet. Blizzard usually makes another balance pass just before Mythic opens using the data from the first week of raiding.
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."

Quote Originally Posted by Orloth View Post
    Balancing isn't done yet. Blizzard usually makes another balance pass just before Mythic opens using the data from the first week of raiding.
    well so far we've only received nerfs in this patch, so i'm not really looking forward to more blizzard "balancing" because we might end up below ww and survival hunter after all

It's funny that you guys are still hopeful that we'll get buffed with the "balance pass before mythic". We were also supposed to get major mechanical\rotational changes this patch and they literally did nothing.

http://imgur.com/mpKZg

Just killed heroic Mistress, Bracers would have been nice to have here. I tried Blootlet one attempt and managed 950k dps which isn't horrible but it hurts watching the warlock do 1.6m. Did they really need to hammer us even harder into First Blood by wrecking Mo'arg?

My half baked theory is that they were worried about our aoe if we used Mo'arg + Bloodlet with Soul of the Slayer while also having First Blood and 4P T20.

Quote Originally Posted by oraz4000 View Post
    Are you surprised? our tier bonuses are garbage and we got our cleave legendary nerfed by 50% and there is a lot of cleave in Tomb.
    Majority of the logs are without T20 so saying tier bonuses are garbage is wrong. Everyone's tier bonuses are garbage but not many have full tier sets anyway. Also there is alot of cleave is there in ToS? think you might need to go check that one. Its more single target, with one fight you can cheese heavy cleave and the rest is situational light cleave at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Thraps View Post
    Majority of the logs are without T20 so saying tier bonuses are garbage is wrong. Everyone's tier bonuses are garbage but not many have full tier sets anyway. Also there is alot of cleave is there in ToS? think you might need to go check that one. Its more single target, with one fight you can cheese heavy cleave and the rest is situational light cleave at times.
    i really just dont even know where to begin with lol

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    The 2 lock specs that got a 5% nerf that caused many a butt-hurt lock to cry about it on the forums are at the top 2 spots... GG. Should have been 10% nerf.
    Destro will fall in the coming weeks when it has to drop T19 fully. T20 is garbage for Destro.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    tier has absolutely nothing to do with anything. Most people aren't even using the new tier, none the less have gotten 4p yet. And tier for DH is low compared to other specs: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...SWRLyc/pubhtml
    Of course it does. It is next to impossible to balance all calsses for all gear levels and items.
    The top spec now is not going to be the same as the top spec in two weeks when people start to get better items.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Of course it does. It is next to impossible to balance all calsses for all gear levels and items.
    The top spec now is not going to be the same as the top spec in two weeks when people start to get better items.
    If you took a minute to compare the bottom specs to the actual increases in dps from tier, you'd see the people on the bottom have the worst tier sets and the people on top have the better ones. So no tier has literally nothing to do with anything in this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Destro will fall in the coming weeks when it has to drop T19 fully. T20 is garbage for Destro.
    It's not garbage for them tbh, it just requires them to change haste for mastery.

If you took a minute to compare the bottom specs to the actual increases in dps from tier, you'd see the people on the bottom have the worst tier sets and the people on top have the better ones. So no tier has literally nothing to do with anything in this discussion.
    it has nothing to do with setbonuses, most people dont even have them yet and the % are about the same as t19 anyway. the problem is our VERY lackluster AoE/cleave outside of EB/FotI, NH played into our CDs with add spawns at longer itnervals, ToS doesnt, adds either spawn faster or stay longer, but never in enough numbers to make good use of demonic and helm, so we are often left with blade dance clave and occasional felrush, whew!

edit: it also means tuning DHs will be extremely problematic, as our issues are more mechanical than just raw numbers, dont expect DHs to be great this tier, its something we have to live with.

That is not all true. For the bottom ones? Maybe but there are specs such as arms that are mid tier now and will do really well with better gear and so on.
    In any case, you'll see more buffs and nerfs soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    That is not all true. For the bottom ones? Maybe but there are specs such as arms that are mid tier now and will do really well with better gear and so on.
    In any case, you'll see more buffs and nerfs soon enough.
    Arms tier set is roughly as good as afflictions. Why would arms suddenly do more than affliction, when they're both getting the same boost and affliction is already a million times better, particularly in a raid that favors ranged?

If every melee spec in the game gets a flat 10% buff, I'd bet that ranged *still* end up the kings of ToS.

Havoc wont be quite so shitty after the tuning pass, but you're still gonna be way better off with a ranged spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Atleast they can switch to another spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    That's always been my gripe with this class since this expansion launched.

DH should absolutely be top 5 in DPS at all times. Every patch cycle.

We do not have a chance to respec. We only have 1 DPS spec. You can't just switch to tank and ask your guild/mates to switch aswell.
    LOL.

No.

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    That's always been my gripe with this class since this expansion launched.

DH should absolutely be top 5 in DPS at all times. Every patch cycle.

We do not have a chance to respec. We only have 1 DPS spec. You can't just switch to tank and ask your guild/mates to switch aswell.
    You're not thinking that thought through.

Should monks be in the same boat? they only have one DPS spec.

Should priests? they only have one dps spec.

Howabout paladins? they only have one dps spec.

So if 4/5 of the top 5 spots are taken for every tier, every single other class should basically never be top 5. Mages, locks, hunters, warriors warlocks, shamans should fight for that 1 top 5 dps spots?

Bottom line is, somebody is gonna get to be first, and somebody is going to have to be last. The best you can hope for is to be within a few % points of DPS with the top spec, so that you're not fighting too much of an uphill battle to do similar damage. Right now, we are in such a position, and I'm sure blizzard will buff us, rets, and ww accordingly, but we may not suddenly jump to top DPS.

On mistress heroic earlier, I performed at the 87% of my spec. A pretty good amount of damage, nothing stellar but nothing to be ashamed of.

Another dude in my guild performed in in the bottom 30% of his spec. He played pretty poorly, made a lot of mistakes, and didn't land his cooldowns. He did more damage than I did. And that's the type of difference blizzard likes to fix.

So were probably not gonna end in the top 5, I wouldn't get your hopes up about that.

But we we might end up getting to the point where we can at least be competitive with them if we play well.

Quote Originally Posted by chematus View Post
    It's not garbage for them tbh, it just requires them to change haste for mastery.
    Which is bad in itself because haste is a bis stat for destro, and it's a turret spec so elongating your casts in such a movement heavy tier will decimate the amount of casts you're getting out in an encounter while doing mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im sorry but Demon Hunters are anything but a pure class

After all, they can Tank or DPS.

Or do you consider warriors and DKs to be pure classes just because they "lack" the healing spec?

Yeah, the whole hybrid argument is retarded to begin with. Classes deserve competitive specs regardless of how many dps specs they have.

Specs are for all intents and purposes different classes altogether. A destro lock is not remotely similar to an affliction one.

You can't tell windwalkers to be happy with their shit dps just because they can heal or tank, because swapping roles does not happen in competent guilds where the roster needs are covered and the idea of swapping a dps for an unneeded tank or healer is asinine.

Not to mention that a competent DPS player may be a terrible tank or healer.

Deleted
    this makes me sleep at night.