Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    KJ should have been built up in the Broken Shore questline but instead we got go kill 100 no name demons

The creative team are lazy and only have time to properly build 1 villain character per expansion. This and last expac was Gul'dan. I mean you can easily see they threw in the towel with the 11 week long quest chain involving, "go find some chests" and "go kill 100 random demons." I'm sure in Argus we'll start getting the build for the 8.0 villain they'll actually put some effort into.

power creep in lore makes jobbers of all established villains.

Kinda sad to be honest, the Iron Horde and Legion quickly turned into a bunch of jobbers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyrock View Post
    Kinda sad to be honest, the Iron Horde and Legion quickly turned into a bunch of jobbers
    Ummmm... EXCUSE ME? Have you seen the number of shiny pixels on my weapon? Have you seen the number of spikes coming out of my shoulder pads?!

If I was the Legion, I'd be pissing my pants too.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

He's been a persistent character in the lore since Warcraft III. We knew his role in the Burning Legion, his accomplishments and failures, and his aspirations to overtake Sargeras. Having him appear in every zone to gloat would have been redundant.

The Broken Shore was a missed opportunity for more storytelling, but I don't think Kil'jaeden was a casualty of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Are you high? They've been great

- - - Updated - - -
    Exactly who ? A random demon who yells that our world will burn ? Or perhaps that generic orc that screams that he will crush us ?

You know... for the bosse being the fricking KIL'JAEDEN he dies kind of... too easy.

Lich King killed us effortlessly and was only trapped by spirits from his own weapon.
    Deathwing wouldn't go down without Dragon Soul and assistance of all Aspects.
    Even during Archimonde encounter we canonically had help of the greatest heroes of Draenor (Grom, Yrel, Khadgar etc.) and possibly even their armies.

Nothing like that with Kil'jaeden. Velen and Illidan are present, true, but they mainly hold back the reinforcements. The last hope is that mythic encounter delivers something new.

And Lollidan who was pissing his pants before Kil'jaeden in WC3 while having united forces of Blood Elves, Naga and Broken beside him suddenly effortlessly duels Kil'jaeden during Avatar fight... lol what. So we are basically fighting Illidan-level villain as a final boss of raid? Nice. Back to BC level.

10+ Year Old Account
    well you said since cata so let's list every tier last boss
    Sha of Fear - we saw the sha's presence all through pandaria, the heart of fear raid and the ToES, it was built up as a villain and was a great fight in a great setting
    Lei'Shen - He was elluded to in the patch before 5.2, we had a whole isle hub dedicated to fighting him, we had a great quest storyline and one of the best raids and hardest fights in WoW to deal with him
    Garrosh - Like Lei'Shen, we spent 2 patches building up the story, dozens of scenarios, world content, a good raid and a good fight

Imperator - We go to Draenor, it's a savage land with ogres at the height of their power, we get more ogre architecture and lore than we've ever got, and imperators presence all through nagrand
    Blackhand - We were introduced to Blackhand at the very start of WoD, we fought him in Taladoor, Alliance players had motivation to avenge Vindicator Maraad
    Archimonde - He was meh I'll give you that

Gul'dan - we saw him all through WoD, he was not our enemy directly to begin with then he became a greater threat, he escaped us in hfc, came to our world, killed our king and caused the death of our warchief - he brought the legion back to our world, and you say he's not a good villain? it was one of the most satisfying bosses to kill in years imo
    Kil'Jaden - the commander of the legion invasion force that did so much damage, the right hand man of sargeras, the reason the lich king even exists, he has pulled so many strings, and now we finally get to deal with him, and when we do, he doesn't beg or cower, or tell us his evil plan - he's the deceiver, and in his final moments all he revealed was his sorrow to his brother, it was a good death for him
    Again, they are all just screaming cretins incapable of doing anything that isnt failing and getting themselves killed. The most damage they inflict is to their own underlings. Gul'dan is essencially only expection because his first failure gives him opportunity to fail once more rather than just inta kill him.

Kiljaeden gave us warcraft 1 and 2 3 and so on KJ created Warcraft.

Blizzard also created Warcraft.

I am sensing a Connection here.

Now that KJ is dead it obviously means something else is dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like you just have your opinion, see proof you're wrong and just pretend you didn't see it at this point lol
    But that wasn't any kind of proof. It was just "opinion".

He was always a fool. Even if you give a fool an edgy title he is still a fool. Atleast the fool realized he was a fool after he got his ass handed to him.

I'm pretty sure before the legion he saw velen as a brother, so I don't see how this is out of character. Him being pissed off in the 7.2 trailer about being called a monster and then revealing all that before he dies seems about right

Deleted
    "I have preconceptions about a villain and I want his personality to be set in stone like a one dimensional rock. Fuck you Blizzard."

Someone hasn't played WC3....

Nor has he read the books...

Ehehehehe....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Velvet View Post
    He was always a fool. Even if you give a fool an edgy title he is still a fool. Atleast the fool realized he was a fool after he got his ass handed to him.
    Fun fact: In the cinematic, you see his face implanted on the ship.

Talk about being an Edgelord....

10+ Year Old Account
    If you count all the times he's failed he must be a fool. I mean it's either that or Blizzard aren't very good at writing.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Kiljaeden gave us warcraft 1 and 2 3 and so on KJ created Warcraft.

Blizzard also created Warcraft.

I am sensing a Connection here.

Now that KJ is dead it obviously means something else is dead.
    In order to end Blizzard, ya gotta kill the Void Lords.

The Void Lords pissed off Sargeras.....

Sargeras created the Legion...

Sargeras killed off the Titans, AKA our last hope....

Kil'jaeden created the Events of Warcraft....

Azeroth is an edgy teen...

And Xe'ra is an Illidan fanboy....

Warcraft players sometimes fanboy over the game, even when it does do shit wrong....

....HOLY SHIT!

BLIZZARD ARE THE VOID LORDS!

HOLY SHIT!

10+ Year Old Account
    My only issue is that the Deceiver needed to do a little more deceiving. I was holding out hope that he was masquerading as Xe'ra to screw us over with some over-elaborate gambit or some such, but I guess not. I don't know, it just felt like he should've had a proper game plan to subvert and conquer Azeroth. That was his thing, his modus operandi, the key difference between him and Archimonde. The Legion did engage in some subterfuge in the class campaigns, but it was never KJ directly, only one dreadlord or another.

I mean, look at his cameo in the demon hunter campaign. He just shows up on your spaceship and says "Hey retards, join the Legion or I'll murder you." That one threat was this genius' master plan to take out the Illidari. Where was the steady corruption, the mind games, the sweet lies, the ultimate temptation? Some of the artifact lore hints at this kind of thing (like how he turned Varedis), but it didn't carry over in-game at all.

He is treated like a fool because he is a fool. He was promised that leading the legion would bring him power and dominance but the reality is that there would be nothing left to rule over if Sargeras got his way. Sounds like a fool to me.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Deleted
    I see that most people on this post dont really understand the character. Kil'Jaeden was NEVER the all mighty evil that Archimonde was.
    While Archie killed this underlings with no remorse for failure, Kil always was the guy that even though punished offered seconds choices.

In the end he was just a misguided soul that felt " betrayed " by his best friend... a friend he always looked up to and envied. A friend that wouldnt even hear is pleas about the Legion and how doomed they were if they didnt accept the " gift ". In the end he just felt betrayed... even if he knew deep down he was wrong, he was just a coward that choose life over being killed... and you could really feel that even though he acted evil and all mighty he always felt like he was putting on a show. Like on the patch cinematic where you could really see him being hurt by Velen calling him a monster.

In the end, like it or not, Kil'jaeden was someone that was broken. Delighted on inflicting pain into others as if that would justify his choise of dooming his people to " save" them.

The final touch of Velen, that silent " i forgive you brother " was all that he wanted in these 10.000's of years. Even if he never admit it. Why else chase the Draenei all over the stars while Archiemonde just didnt give a crap?

Like it or not this was the true character of Kil'Jaeden. And it was masterfully portrayed. The deceiver was deceiving himself in the end.

And apparently deceived us all.
    Last edited by mmoc0d23bac8d0; 2017-06-21 at 11:47 PM.