Deleted

Arrow [Movie] Alien: Awakening (Prometheus 3)

I seriously don't want to make another prometheus/alien thread but i really want to see those over-sized humanoids again..that's enough for me to pay for the ticket even knowing it could be crap.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6980596/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Ridley Scott Says Engineers Will Be Back in Next ‘Alien’… If it Gets Made

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/34...ien-gets-made/

by John Squires June 21, 2017

What’s next for the Alien franchise? Is there even a next?

After failing to make much of a mark at the box office, Alien: Covenant has left the fate of Ridley Scott’s Alien prequel universe hanging in the balance. We don’t yet know if Scott will get the chance to make another, but we do know that he’s developing a follow-up film anyway.

In a new interview that just hit the net, Scott teased what’s coming… if it comes at all.

“We’re being written now,” Scott said in the interview you’ll find below. “There’ll be three or four different players coming in to investigate. One of which will be the Engineers arriving back to find their planet decimated. I think those ships come and go on regular intervals. I see them as the gardeners of space.”

Scott continued, “Where we go next is obvious. We’re gonna actually go to the planet. In so doing…I’m not going to tell you the story!”

What does Scott mean by “the planet” in that second quote? Does he mean the planet we saw in Alien: Covenant, presumed to be the Engineers’ home planet? Or does he mean Origae-6, the planet that we were left to assume David was headed to at the end of the film? Or maybe LV-426, the planet from the original Alien?

Your guess is as good as ours. We’re just hoping he gets to make another one.

Hopefully they will talk like in those Prometheus deleted scenes

So creepy..
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2017-06-21 at 06:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sell it to Disney, only they can salvage this mess!

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I wish Ridley Scott would get over his obsession with the fucking engineers.

Deleted
    http://www.alien-covenant.com/news/f...#ixzz4tKTokuVX

Fox trust Ridley Scott to break new ground with Alien: Covenant sequel!

Written By Chris
    Published: 2017-09-20 09:32:57

20th Century Fox remain confident that Ridley Scott and Emma Watts can create a groundbreaking story for the Alien: Covenant sequel, according to Fox CEO Stacey Snider. While speaking to Variety, Snider addressed comments concerning Alien: Covenant's box office earnings and how it might affect future films set in the Alien universe. As expected, despite Covenant not meeting Fox's financial expectations, the film was a critical success. The trick going forward, as Snider explains, will be finding ways to break new ground and explore new stories and new villains within this highly expansive and relatively unexplored cinematic universe:

"It was a disappointment, but I trust Ridley [Scott] and Emma [Watts] to know the right story when they find it. When universes are as rich as “Alien,” they can stay in a too familiar groove — in which case you’re in trouble — but they can also find a planet or a storyline or a villain that also lives in that universe that can be groundbreaking."

I'll be waiting on this one to rent.

I wont spend movie ticket/snack money for another one of these.

Prometheus was terrible from a story telling perspective and a travesty as part of the Alien franchise(visually it was stunning). Covenant wasn't much better, but that was in part because it was tied to the crap that was Prometheus. I want proper Alien movies again that focus on the suspense/horror/action the first movies provided. I want the Aliens to remain somewhat mysterious without the genetically engineered crap from the Prometheus movies that messes with the time line, or that messes with the possibility of the Alien vs Predator universe(not the movies).

Deleted
    I get the feeling the showdown between engineers humans(marines?) aliens david would be better to hand over to James Cameron since he is better at making action spectacle..but too bad he is tied down with Avatar until 2025...

a joint effort would be best, if not Cameron then someone else to keep Ridley from going full retard..

Good or not, I find the franchise entertaining.

Deleted
    Am I bad if I prefer Alien Vs Predator? Well I do anyway.

When I first watched alien covenant, i did not think it was that great but the more i watched it, the more i liked it. The reason i liked it was the character David the android. I really like Michael Fassbinder's acting.
    I also really liked the theme to David's character. The beginning of the movie where David is discussing with Mr. Weyland how Weyland is his father because he created David. David then says, you created me and I can live forever but you will die. David manipulates the engineer's black goo to create different species of xenomorphs or aliens. To create is to be godlike. The humans had their chance and screwed everything up. They should not have the chance to start again. I love the ending of alien covenant.
    I would love it if the sequel to this movie expanded on this theme. I would like it if more information regarding the engineers was also in the next movie.

Prepare for more convoluted storytelling with healthy doses of pseudo intellectual trash tossed in. With the joy of retcon to suit a story idea Scotty had 40 years ago for Alien.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    I quite liked the backstory building of the franchise with the last two movies TBH and will definitely go check this one out.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Massive alien/predator fan I genuinely like every movie involving either. Looking forward to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Covenant basically shit all the potential that Prometheus built into a smoking pile of acidic poop, so I don't much care to watch any sequels to it. Having David invent the classic alien is dumb and bad. I'd love something focused more on the engineers and their black ooze though. Its existence hints at the origins of the Xenomorph without destroying their mystery, because the black ooze itself is now a much grander, more intriguing mystery.

One question that occurred to me about the black ooze - did the Engineers actually create it, or did they just find it somewhere? If its organic, what kind of thing did it come from? What if it's, like, cthulhu-blood and Aliens was a cosmic horror story all along?

The answer to that could provide so much more mystery and potential to their universe. Covenant just made it so much smaller and less interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hated the last one. David creating the alien is retarded and continuity breaking. We learned from the original movie the ship with the eggs had been sitting for thousands of years as the Jockey had fossilized. Not only that but the ending twist in Covenant was unnecessary and cheesy Id expect such a thing from a B movie.

Ridley Scott has lost his touch hes like Lucas at this point trying to reinvent perfection. Time for someone else to take over shame Cameron is busy with Avatar 2 and John Carpenter is retired/focusing on music.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Covenant basically shit all the potential that Prometheus built into a smoking pile of acidic poop, so I don't much care to watch any sequels to it. Having David invent the classic alien is dumb and bad. I'd love something focused more on the engineers and their black ooze though. Its existence hints at the origins of the Xenomorph without destroying their mystery, because the black ooze itself is now a much grander, more intriguing mystery.

One question that occurred to me about the black ooze - did the Engineers actually create it, or did they just find it somewhere? If its organic, what kind of thing did it come from? What if it's, like, cthulhu-blood and Aliens was a cosmic horror story all along?

The answer to that could provide so much more mystery and potential to their universe. Covenant just made it so much smaller and less interesting.
    You should read the blood and stone comics I don't know if there canon with the movies but they do go some what deeper with the ooze.

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    http://www.alien-covenant.com/news/f...#ixzz4tKTokuVX

Fox trust Ridley Scott to break new ground with Alien: Covenant sequel!

Written By Chris
    Published: 2017-09-20 09:32:57

20th Century Fox remain confident that Ridley Scott and Emma Watts can create a groundbreaking story for the Alien: Covenant sequel, according to Fox CEO Stacey Snider. While speaking to Variety, Snider addressed comments concerning Alien: Covenant's box office earnings and how it might affect future films set in the Alien universe. As expected, despite Covenant not meeting Fox's financial expectations, the film was a critical success. The trick going forward, as Snider explains, will be finding ways to break new ground and explore new stories and new villains within this highly expansive and relatively unexplored cinematic universe:

"It was a disappointment, but I trust Ridley [Scott] and Emma [Watts] to know the right story when they find it. When universes are as rich as “Alien,” they can stay in a too familiar groove — in which case you’re in trouble — but they can also find a planet or a storyline or a villain that also lives in that universe that can be groundbreaking."
    sorry but where the fuck is our blomkamp movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    You should read the blood and stone comics I don't know if there canon with the movies but they do go some what deeper with the ooze.
    I did! They're totally not canon, but most of them should be. They're part of the reason I starting thinking that the black ooze might be eldritch abomination blood - that bio-droid gets injected with it and goes all crazy, talking about how its sharing cosmic truths with him... that's what would happen if you drank cthulhu-blood!

Frankly, the idea that the black ooze is really the black blood from some freaky cosmic horror also works with the idea that the Engineers are religious fanatics who worship life, and even ties in pretty well with this crazy idea that the Engineers inspired the story of Jesus - imagine an Engineer going to Earth, talking about his god, how they can 'live eternally' through that god... he's talking about some crazy space monster that's going to devour them all! No wonder they crucified him. Then the story gets distorted over time by his human disciples.