Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    I would love to see some crazy guy run up to a blizzard employee at blizzcon and scream to unban him
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Is no one else gonna ask the obvious?

Why can't your friend just contact customer support?

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    Why can't your friend just contact customer support?
    If this is a legit story, I imagine he already did and they refused to unban him.

No, and you won't get your ban removed that way either. When they make decisions like that, its generally with good reason and final.

Deleted
    Yes, indeed. I have twice interrupted Blizzcon opening speeches with the immortal words "Unban me pronto, fuckers, for great justice!" and everytime I got my account back, a hand-written apology by Morhaime and an almost new Sylvanas plushie. Tell 'your friend' to follow in my footsteps for guaranteed success.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    The reason I ask is because me and a guy I work with played wow, and he said he has never been to Blizzcon and Neither have I, but he said he wants to go to track someone down and talk about getting unbanned.

So my question is has anybody ever tried this, or known someone that did and what were the results?
    Would be awesome to get banned in game and get thrown to jail in RL for being a total harassing cunt.
    I'm sure that can only end well.

On the remote chance this is actually serious, hes more likely to end up arrested than unbanned

10+ Year Old Account
    This is gold coming from one of the most outspoken Blizzard haters on MMO-C.

The reason I ask is because me and a guy I work with played wow, and he said he has never been to Blizzcon and Neither have I, but he said he wants to go to track someone down and talk about getting unbanned.

So my question is has anybody ever tried this, or known someone that did and what were the results?
    That seems to be an exorbitant amount of money to spend on the slimmest of odds to get your account unbanned. You'd be better off booking the day off work and calling customer support over and over and over until you got the answer you wanted.

Plenty people got unbanned in the past, but it is a lot more difficult these days thanks to those professional unban services where you pay money for them to try and unban you. Blizz stopped falling for the "but I was hacked" story.

It's so sad I wouldn't be surprised if it worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

Quote Originally Posted by superblink View Post
    i did i got banned i went to blizzcon i kidnapped dev Ion Hazzikkjostas rapped the shit out of him and told him to unban me or i come back
    I had a feeling Ion wouldn't be able to hold his own in a rap battle. Now Dave Kosak, on the other hand... If you try to rap him you'll get absolutely destroyed.

Blizzcon is not an appropriate time to speak to someone about getting an account active again. That's what GM tickets are for. You can open one on the website and ask for the issue to be reviewed. State your case to possibly increase chances of getting it unbanned.

If that doesn't yield anything, then start a new account. Do not talk to someone at Blizzcon about it. The chances of success are really low, and you're probably just going to annoy them anyway.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

If he's stupid enough to do this, then make sure he does it during one of the broadcasted Q&As so I can point at my TV an laugh.

Like the people hosting blizzcon and do the shows there got anything to do with accounts and account security and bans. This would NEVER work

There is approximately 0% of success. They won't even know what this is about and will have no possibilty to check the matter anyway. This is just calling for being thrown out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't put too much thought into it. If you go to Blizzcon, you go watch a show, not strike a bargain.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Like they don't have something better to do...

If he's banned it's for a good reason and most likely deserves it anyway.

You're picturing getting to ask a developer to overturn your ban. That would be a very silly thing for blizzard to do - to place one player above the rest and give them an exceptional get out of jail free card because a developer wanted him to? It's far to biased, and against fair play and the spirit of the game. It wouldn't happen - customer support handles those situations and they wouldn't unban someone who doesn't deserve to be unbanned just because they really want it.
    If people could get unbanned despite deserving to stay banned, it would invalidate the whole idea of a suspension. If they were something you could squirm out of, people wouldn't be worried about them and it would result in more activity that leads to bans.
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope nobody's done that. Someone more deserving of a Blizzcon ticket should go instead of a whiner.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?