Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Key word is CAN. But the gating hasn't really changed much since WoD and unless the model changes drastically I don't really see it changing.
    It should change because the reason on why it was done in the first place is no longer there. It was done because a small minority felt required to do it. Now loot rains from everywhere and that is no longer the case.

There is ZERO good reasons to gate LFR for 2 months.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why isn't LFR that way?
    Because all you do is click a button. If you aren't willing to socialize you don't deserve to see everything day 1.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Pug it if it's so easy.

so don't sub until its out and then do it. Nobody gives a damn about your $15

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Because all you do is click a button. If you aren't willing to socialize you don't deserve to see everything day 1.
    Really? That's all I do in LFR? Guess I've been playing it wrong then for the past 7 years. Teach me how to LFR please!

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

So you want blizzard to make less money with WoW? You do realize what the outcome of that is right?
    Wow did fine for a long time before LFR was introduced, I'm confident the few people that would unsub if they couldnt do lfr wouldn't affect the bottom line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I could potentially think would delay it is if testing for LFR and tuning and such is more put by the wayside so they can try to get normal/heroic/mythic nailed down first, then see how those play out in the real world, then go back and revisit LFR to prune and tune it downdowndown.
    Otherwise, it's weird to gate it.
    I mean, it's not like top guilds are gonna take a break from their splits to run LFR in groups of 5s, right?
    I mean, maybe Blizz would feel the raids are cheapened if LFR KJ died before Heroic or even Normal KJ.
    But, if they were worried about it being cheapened, then why have it at all?
    Let tourist mode be one tier behind in that case, otherwise, it's cheapened regardless of when/how it's delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    You're missing out by refusing to expand your horizons beyond LFR, but that's your choice. I really enjoyed the new encounters ... well worth it.
    The raid mode I chose to do is LFR, I don't force NM+ players into a raid mode they don't want to be in and I don't want to be forced into one I don't want to be in.

I can clear NM just fine if I wanted to, I wish to do the raid in my preferred mode.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Wow did fine for a long time before LFR was introduced, I'm confident the few people that would unsub if they couldnt do lfr wouldn't affect the bottom line.
    Actually pretty sure Blizzard themselves stated LFR justifies the amount of work they put into raiding content.

Actually pretty sure Blizzard themselves stated LFR justifies the amount of work they put into raiding content.
    See: raids existed long before LFR and wow was MORE successful, not less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Before LFR less then 20% raided (That is right out of blizzards mouth) after its well over 50% (because LFR is raiding). LFR justifies raiding content (once again out of blizzards mouth)

If LFR was removed raiding would take a massive hit in quality/content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jimlow View Post
    so don't sub until its out and then do it. Nobody gives a damn about your $15
    this and your sub doesnt entitle or anyone else to anything but acces to the servers(is from terms of service).

Funny because they stated that only the minority saw raids and that's not what they wanted. Hence LFR. Are you really going to blame the sub loss on LFR alone here?

So you are saying blizzard is lying...

Stop whining, it's pathetic.

It should change because the reason on why it was done in the first place is no longer there. It was done because a small minority felt required to do it. Now loot rains from everywhere and that is no longer the case.

There is ZERO good reasons to gate LFR for 2 months.
    The loot that comes from World Quests though isn't tier set pieces, nor usually BiS trinkets.

Silly as it might be, since LFR gear can now proc up to Titanforged and beat out some normal/heroic gear, that's going to insert more grinding and RNG into the World First race.

Probably doesn't need to be slowly rolled out anymore, just wait 2 weeks (since mythic is usually cleared in the first week) and just drop all of LFR, but that still has the same issue of "It's not there at the launch of normal".

Deleted
    Stop being a cunt and pug it.

The raid mode I chose to do is LFR, I don't force NM+ players into a raid mode they don't want to be in and I don't want to be forced into one I don't want to be in.

I can clear NM just fine if I wanted to, I wish to do the raid in my preferred mode.
    And you chose to wait. That's part of the deal. Stop crying about it.

Deleted
    So you are saying blizzard is lying...
    other expansions except wod and mop last few months of soo has more subs and wotlk, tbc had the most where lfr wasnt a thing so he is technicly correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Play the game the way it was intended to be played.
    LFR is a intended way for it to be played otherwise that system wouldn't be in the game. It being gated was done to please a small minority and that needs to change.