Page 1 of 33
... LastLast

ToS NM Cleared Day 1 by pugs and Heroic by Guilds, Yet LFR has to wait 2 months.

How is that fair at all really? You can get max ilvl gear from WQ's that require you to collect squirrel nuts. You can get max ilvl doing NM dungeons.

So its clearly not a issue with gear.

So why is LFR getting gated 2 months when ToS is already being cleared by pugs day 1 and heroic by guilds day 1. It makes zero sense and just shows blizzard is trying to please a few at the cost of many.

Before someone jumps in and just goes "go pug it scrub" or some shit. Those types of reply's are one of the many reasons people avoid LFG and Progression guilds.

At this point and with the current loot system gating LFR the way they do is not needed. My $15 a month holds the same value as anyone elses, So why must my content be gated 2 months to please a small minority.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Go pug it.

But it's been like this since Mists. You are only just noticing that now?

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ne...-raid-schedule

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...er-wing-4-open

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/7705231 - Heart of Fear. Less time because less bosses.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...-raid-schedule - Only a bit less than 2 months.

LFR is not there to get gear, its there for ppl to see content, if you care about gear, go put it?
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 | AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz Cl9 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Vapor-X GHz Edition |
    XFX ProSeries XXX 850W | Fractal Design Define R4 | Samsung 840 ProSerie 256GB | 3TB HDD

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    But it's been like this since Mists. You are only just noticing that now?
    Yep complained about it before, Also in mist the gating time was shorter. There is no reason for it now.

There is nothing to gain from it and it only punishes those who wish to do the content this way.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    This thread after new tier is more certain than snow in winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yep complained about it before, Also in mist the gating time was shorter. There is no reason for it now.
    Actually read above. Heart of Fear was short due to less bosses. Look at Throne of Thunder. Just 2 weeks less. So nothing major.

Not saying your critique isn't valid but it wasn't that much shorter in Mists. Only reason Terrace, Heart and Mogushan had shorter gating was because of the sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Actually read above. Heart of Fear was short due to less bosses. Look at Throne of Thunder.
    Ok doesn't matter anyway, That was mist this is Legion. The loot system is 200% different now and the excuse before was to keep LFR from feeling like its required.

Everything now can drop max ilvl loot, so that "requirement" is gone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    If LFR heroes can't do easy AF normal mode you shouldn't even be playing. Please unsub
    So you want blizzard to make less money with WoW? You do realize what the outcome of that is right?

Just make a real group... Blizzard wants you to experience it properly. You know, co-operating just a little bit at least. You can do normal. Anyone can do normal.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Reading the OP, I got nothing about them just wanting gear. It was about LFR being the content they do and it being locked away for 2 months.

And LFR is about as much seeing the content and getting gear as any other raiding mode is.
    You are 100% correct.

There is Zero logcial reasons to gate LFR anymore.

Ok doesn't matter anyway, That was mist this is Legion. The loot system is 200% different now and the excuse before was to keep LFR from feeling like its required.

Everything now can drop max ilvl loot, so that "requirement" is gone.

- - - Updated - - -

So you want blizzard to make less money with WoW? You do realize what the outcome of that is right?
    Key word is CAN. But the gating hasn't really changed much since WoD and unless the model changes drastically I don't really see it changing.

How is that fair at all really? You can get max ilvl gear from WQ's that require you to collect squirrel nuts. You can get max ilvl doing NM dungeons.

So its clearly not a issue with gear.

So why is LFR getting gated 2 months when ToS is already being cleared by pugs day 1 and heroic by guilds day 1. It makes zero sense and just shows blizzard is trying to please a few at the cost of many.

Before someone jumps in and just goes "go pug it scrub" or some shit. Those types of reply's are one of the many reasons people avoid LFG and Progression guilds.

At this point and with the current loot system gating LFR the way they do is not needed. My $15 a month holds the same value as anyone elses, So why must my content be gated 2 months to please a small minority.
    LFR is gated for two reasons: one, to keep the majority of the people who do the instance (LFR) subbed for longer, and two, to prevent top-end guilds from farming it along with their split runs and whatever else. Reason #2 is why you're allowed to laugh at anyone who says they have to run LFR to keep up with their guild... considering it takes two months for the place to fully open, their guild needs more than a couple lucky procs here and there.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Just make a real group... Blizzard wants you to experience it properly. You know, co-operating just a little bit at least. You can do normal. Anyone can do normal.
    LFR is a proper way to experience it and LFR requires you to co-operate just a little bit....

Its a raiding mode just like NM+. If NM was being gated and heroic/mythic wasn't people would be pissed about that as well.

It's the only reason nm/hc raiders feel different from LFRaiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    LFR is gated for two reasons: one, to keep the majority of the people who do the instance (LFR) subbed for longer, and two, to prevent top-end guilds from farming it along with their split runs and whatever else. Reason #2 is why you're allowed to laugh at anyone who says they have to run LFR to keep up with their guild... considering it takes two months for the place to fully open, their guild needs more than a couple lucky procs here and there.
    And both are really shit reasons because #2 gets said about anything that rewards loot.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So sick of this whining. If you want to see the raid day 1, go with the full experience, group up and go do it.

You people disgust me, if you aren't willing to put in the effort to find a group you deserve to wait 2 months to see the story.

Play the game the way it was intended to be played.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    So sick of this whining. If you want to see the raid day 1, go with the full experience, group up and go do it.

You people disgust me, if you aren't willing to put in the effort to find a group you deserve to wait 2 months to see the story.

Play the game the way it was intended to be played.
    Why isn't LFR that way?

My $15 a month holds the same value as anyone elses
    And you have the same rights as anyone else. You can see ToS right now in N or H and you can see it in M next week with the first part in LFR. That's true for all of us.

I think there are about a hundred guilds on my server that have already done at least the first three bosses in normal, it's not like you need a progression guild to see the content you seem to care so much about.

You're missing out by refusing to expand your horizons beyond LFR, but that's your choice. I really enjoyed the new encounters ... well worth it.