10+ Year Old Account

So How's Stormblood?

I'm looking to make the leap into Final Fantasy 14 Online and I'm just wondering objectively from people who are playing the new expansion, how is it?

What recommendations would you have for a starter to get into the game?

Early Access Launch was a bit of a mess but overall I'm having fun atm.

If you like there is a complete edition that gives you Stormblood straight away. Also for £18 you can boost a job to 60 and for another £18 skip the Main Story to get started on Stormblood. I'd advise actually levelling and experiencing the story personally because it has such an amazing story. However the decision lies with you as it's your money.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/tales_of_adventure/

Boost Guide.

https://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy...071CMXD5H?th=1

Could only find the American Amazon page and tbh I think you live in US don't you Jay? 60 dollars for the entire 3 games is a pretty sweet deal to be fair.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-06-21 at 07:37 PM.

Server stability is a little dicey at the moment, and queues are fairly long. But so far it's been excellent.

* There's a free trial up to level 35. I would get that and try it out.
    * Pick a lower pop server so you don't have to deal with queues.
    * Otherwise just follow the Main Story Quest as it directs you around and unlocks most things.
    * Pick whichever starting class you like, you can always switch to a different one (on the same character) later.
    * The only exception to that is that if you want to heal from the start, you must pick Conjurer. Arcanist isn't considered a healer until level 30.
    * Classes are somewhat closer to specializations in WoW. For example, a Gladiator or Marauder is always considered a tank in group play.
    * When you get to 15, do the Hall of the Novice, it will give you some nice starting gear.
    Last edited by RohanV; 2017-06-21 at 07:37 PM.

Well everyone else answered what you need to know.

Given his reputation though.....

It's Jaylock. He was smack in the middle of the "what a clusterfuck this launch is" discussion, not 2 or 3 days ago. I'm like 80% certain he's just trying to get it going again. Sorry if it's legit, but you earned your reputation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurimas View Post

It's Jaylock. He was smack in the middle of the "what a clusterfuck this launch is" discussion, not 2 or 3 days ago. I'm like 80% certain he's just trying to get it going again. Sorry if it's legit, but you earned your reputation.
    This ^

OT: Play it and don't put Jaylock as your char name.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurimas View Post

I don't see what's so wrong about giving him the benefit of the doubt. He literally said nothing about launch issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I don't see what's so wrong about giving him the benefit of the doubt. He literally said nothing about launch issues.
    Yes, he did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Hmmmmmmmm... i guess Alpha, and Beta tests don't exist then eh? I guess all that testing that happened really didn't happen. hmmmmm..

Case in point: Issues of this magnitude should have been caught and fixed BEFORE the damn game went live, even for pre-order players.

Not to bring in another game here, but WoW has never had something that game breaking released with an expansion.
    So he was either complaining about it without having experienced it or he's already been playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Yes, he did.

So he was either complaining about it without having experienced it or he's already been playing.
    That's another thread. I was referring to this one. Should have specified my wording better. But anyway no point going on about "who did what do who" and whatnot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Yes, he did.

So all of a sudden I am unable to like / try a game despite its launch issues?

Wow you are a miracle.

To be fair some of those launch issues were DDOS attacks.

Also... stop with the jaylock hate everytime he makes a post. It was cute in the beginning but its just old now. Every time he starts a thread we have the typical "oh hurr durr jaylock thread"

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing people are forgetting is DO the novice training hall at 15 full gearset abd xp ring

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo X View Post
    To be fair some of those launch issues were DDOS attacks.

Also... stop with the jaylock hate everytime he makes a post. It was cute in the beginning but its just old now. Every time he starts a thread we have the typical "oh hurr durr jaylock thread"
    Street cred is a thing.

On the internet is even more of a thing.