Deleted

Sin PvP: how do you stay on your target?

This is so frustrating, playing a spec with no mobility and super slow energy regeneration. I've done some BGs as Assassination and i have a huge problem sticking with my target. Dmg is great IF i can stay on my target, but in most cases that's impossible, especially vs casters and Hunter. Mage would just laugh at me, Hunter freeze etc.
    As Sub i have no problem at all: dmg is great, mobility and cc is decent. Even as Outlaw i can do it much better than Sin, at least i can stick on my target thanks to Pistol Shot and ranged Stun + 8 yd melee range also helps quite a bit + superior cc. And both specs have no problems with energy regeneration/starvation.
    I am new to Assassination(play Outlaw and Sub mainly), maybe it is a l2p issue, but i really wanna know how do you, more experienced Assassins stay on your target and how do you survive being kited 24/7?

You have a ranged slow. Step and sprint. How you think assass has no mobility is beyond me. You have 15 percent base movement speed increase through fleet footed and you can talent into stealth speed through nightstalker. You also have an honor talent that reduces your telepory ability cd. Vanish into cheap shot. Kidney. Sap. Blind. Wait out iceblock or bubble or turtle just like everyone else. But you can even go dot up some secondary targets while you wait, while most cant.

Rogue pvp is about adaptation. You have abilities and talents to adapt to every situation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekroman View Post
    You have a ranged slow. Step and sprint. How you think assass has no mobility is beyond me. You have 15 percent base movement speed increase through fleet footed and you can talent into stealth speed through nightstalker. You also have an honor talent that reduces your telepory ability cd. Vanish into cheap shot. Kidney. Sap. Blind. Wait out iceblock or bubble or turtle just like everyone else. But you can even go dot up some secondary targets while you wait, while most cant.

Rogue pvp is about adaptation. You have abilities and talents to adapt to every situation.
    Ranged Slow? You mean Poisoned Knife? With Pistol Shot i can do at least 3 x dmg of Poisoned Knife and ranged slow doesn't help me anyway. Blind is of no use on poisoned/bleeding target, Sap has nothing to do with "stay on my target during combat". 15% based movement speed (a game breaking increase!): all three spec have it. Stealth speed through nighstalker,again, doesn't help during combat and no one takes that Talent anyway. Teleport reduction only works on friendly target, so nope, thx. Shadow Step: Sub has 2 x Shadow step, which makes a huge difference + DfA, which is a very weak option for Sin, so i am forced to take MfD as sin.
    I don't know, have you ever played Sub or Outlaw in PvP? I guess not, otherwise you would realize how easier it is to stick with your target as sub and outlaw.
    Last edited by mmoc4f70414cfa; 2017-06-21 at 09:45 PM.

I play all 3. Check your honor talents again. Step is shortened by vandetta. Use cookie cutter talents if you want. Or you can use talents that actually help you where you struggle, which in your case seems to be mobility. You seem to already have the answers so dont play it i guess.

I mean I like nightstalker for vanish envenoms after setting up system shock.

It does feel embarrassing to be kited all day by some classes. But at the end of the day I'm more triggered about things like Dots that last 30 seconds ,not being able to use those feathered luffas to stop bleeding but bandages are ok...
    Last edited by Dunderstudy; 2017-06-22 at 01:40 AM.

I primarily play PvP, and main in assassination.

I agree with Nekroman, it's about adapting to the situation. You need to get more familiar with the spec and practice.

For the most part, I don't have issue staying on the target and do huge deeps. when you are getting kited, use crimson vile & feint to stay alive, poison knife & maybe FoK (if you have flying dagger selected). You don't have to always chase your target, you can sprint away and reset the fight, you can vanish and reset the fight, you can shadow step, apply bleed, or stun your target. There are a lot of things you can do. When ranged dps is kiting, their DPS is not going to be maximized either.

I suggest you go watch real pros who play sin rogue PvP on YouTube such as pshero. You will see how hard he owns both melee & range dps, does massive amount of damage, it is really about your skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
    Blind is of no use on poisoned/bleeding target,.
    you do realize blind removes dots from the target right?