Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I don't think its negative. Its more like everyone has been laughing their ass off following US politics for last year.

Though that could be considered negative too.

Oh no whatever will we do when the Australians think negatively of us.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Tempted to post my Captain Obvious meme. Most 1st world nations think lesser of us after 2016.
    Nah. Its all nations, not just 1st world nations.

jej, who gives a shit what some poll says? If polls were worth a god damn then Hilldawg would be in office.
    Working on my next ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Then stop your pointless spam that you do, as usual. Thanks.
    No .

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    They don't like Trump either.
    And? I did not like Obama ether. Why would they fear coming here because of Trump and how is he going to make their vacation here worse?

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Trump is a great man, he is making the ultimate sacrafice for humanity by uniting the entire world in hatred against America.
    Trump is Ozymandias?

Faith in the US “acting responsibly” has plummeted among Australians
    I'd bet some good money that this goes for most countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    Tennisace, Jaylock, and Endus have made me literally hate Canada even though I love skiing in Whistler. Besides that, 0% approval rating on Canada from me.
    Jaylock is American?

Also I'm not sure how me posting a thread about Australian's negative view of the U.S. is making you hate Canada..

5+ Year Old Account
    Thank liberals for propelling Trump to the White House. Wonder how many elections these "right wing" religious nuts have to be handed for so called liberals to wake up and realize they are the right's best friend. Wouldn't be shocked if we got another lowly Republican in the White House in 2020 with the left making everyone who opposes what they support as "racist" and instead of opening meaningful dialogue. These people, trying to silence and playing identity politics somehow, amazingly, more than the little right wingers or whatever. Hell, many of these "resist" people on the left don't even vote. Trump was right on one thing. On the Women's March the day after his inauguration via Twitter he said of the massively large crowds across the nation something like, "Why didn't these people vote?" I was actually at the DC march (went to Trumps inauguration the day before too) and a lot of them supposed left wingers didn't vote, LOL. Many admitted it. Lukewarm lefties, they just need to join the Republicans.

Quote Originally Posted by Setheria View Post
    I don't know of a single Australian who thinks Trump is doing a good job. I am in a fairly left leaning part of Australia (Melbourne) in an inner city region that is significantly to the left of the national average, but I think it's more than just selection bias.

I of course know some fairly conservative, almost reactionary people who still think he's crap. It has a kind of 'Emperor wears no clothes' thing going on where you can see how shit he is without having any loyalty to the GOP (or Dem) brand.

But honestly, I don't think the perception of Australians really matters here does it?

You guys elect an idiot - I mean so do we, albeit not perhaps on the same level of idiocy.

But whatever peoples perceptions of your current government, I think you'll find a consistent apolitical and genuine connection between Australia and the US. There are cultural links that feed into a long established Australian fear of isolation (amongst other reasons) that pretty much means any significant shift away from the US in a real sense is exceptionally unlikely. There's also the real politic status of US bases in Australia and bi-lateral agreements that will certainly endure well beyond any temporary nonsense like Trump.

And added to that, given every country elects wankers every now and again - doesn't mean you tar the whole country with the same brush.
    I think President Trump is doing a good job
    In fact I think Americans are smart for voting him in

Getting rid of the Paris Climate accord, is the best thing for the United States.
    Why does the USA have to give up coal production, when China can keep using coal up to 2030. As well as India.

The International FTA is a load of Foobar too.. It was done in secrecy. Trump was good to get rid of that too.

So do not assume , that all Australians do not like President Trump. A lot do. And the main article is from left wing media which
    seems to have more than one negative article about President Trump every day
    I must remember not to post stupid stuff when very drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    And? I did not like Obama ether.
    Maybe, but the majority of the voting public did. Twice.

The same can't be said for Trump. Nor are his approval ratings exactly singing his praises.

Why would they fear coming here because of Trump and how is he going to make their vacation here worse?
    Probably because they fear that the aggressive and vocal minority of overzealous conservative crackpots who previously had to lurk in the shadows now feel validated by Trump's presidency and now brazenly flaunt their backwards and occasionally violent tendencies.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Blame MSM for Australia's view of the US. An 8 month long 24/7 cycle of the same tired old hate filled shit would give anyone a negative view.

Maybe, but the majority of the voting public did. Twice.

The same can't be said for Trump. Nor are his approval ratings exactly singing his praises.

Probably because they fear that the aggressive and vocal minority of overzealous conservative crackpots who previously had to lurk in the shadows now feel validated by Trump's presidency and now brazenly flaunt their backwards and occasionally violent tendencies.
    I'd be more worried about the overzealous leftist crackpots who call anyone right or marx a Nazi and will try to hit you over the head with a bike lock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I'd be more worried about the overzealous leftist crackpots who call anyone right or marx a Nazi and will try to hit you over the head with a bike lock.
    I don't think that most other countries have to be confused with appearing "not liberal enough."

Meanwhile, the number of hate crimes against jews, hispanics, and muslims has demonstrably increased since the election.

Why would people from other countries want to subject themselves to that?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Teraparte View Post
    Thank liberals for propelling Trump to the White House. Wonder how many elections these "right wing" religious nuts have to be handed for so called liberals to wake up and realize they are the right's best friend. Wouldn't be shocked if we got another lowly Republican in the White House in 2020 with the left making everyone who opposes what they support as "racist" and instead of opening meaningful dialogue. These people, trying to silence and playing identity politics somehow, amazingly, more than the little right wingers or whatever. Hell, many of these "resist" people on the left don't even vote. Trump was right on one thing. On the Women's March the day after his inauguration via Twitter he said of the massively large crowds across the nation something like, "Why didn't these people vote?" I was actually at the DC march (went to Trumps inauguration the day before too) and a lot of them supposed left wingers didn't vote, LOL. Many admitted it. Lukewarm lefties, they just need to join the Republicans.
    The rigth is the rights best friend..? sure, sounds about right.

I don't think that most other countries have to be confused with appearing "not liberal enough."

Meanwhile, the number of hate crimes against jews, hispanics, and muslims has demonstrably increased since the election.

Why would people from other countries want to subject themselves to that?
    How many have been hoaxes

Considering his presidency gives a great deal of the US a negative view of the US, I don't blame them whatsoever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I don't know about people
    but Trump is one of the first who is trying to unite
    the Ibrahim faith and I give respect to that Christian
    I really had enough of the fitna and hate between the three religions