Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SinAscendant View Post
    Lol how do you know what the bosses felt like when literally only ten guilds in the world have cleared H Kiljaeden so far
    Because i'm in one of those guilds ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    I cant bear to kill this trash and underwhelming raid for another 6 months.
    Life hack: Unsub for 6 months and come back when you think the game is fun again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    You cleared a normal mode raid
    Do it again on heroic and it won't be the same
    Do it again on mythic,and it'll be even harder
    So on harder difficulty it makes him bigger and speak cooler? interesting cuz thats what OP was talking about, not just difficulty.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    Yuck. That's one of the main reasons why I wish there was only one raid size. Makes me nauseous for some reason.
    Then maybe you're not cut out for raiding?

Fuck having 1 raid size if it meant raids being tuned towards the lowest common denominator. That's what LFR is for and even Normal to some extent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tarkam View Post
    It doesn't matter that nm is "piss easy" for pugs as long as there is a higher difficulty that is suitably difficult. No doubt either HC or mythic Kil'jaeden will be tough enough. Why complain that normal mode is easy when you can just defeat him on a higher difficulty?
    Because complaining about the game being too easy >> actually taking on the difficult tasks to a lot of players, it would seem.

LUL normal mode. thats like saying Overwatch is easy because you've played every character in the practice range.

I want argus RIGHT NOW!

Deleted
    I only agree that KJ doesn't really feel threatening, and I'm not talking about abilities, there's something about it that doesn't feel "holy shit". Gul'dan felt threatening, Blackhand felt threatening, and they were of equal size. Can't put my finger on it really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    Life hack: Unsub for 6 months and come back when you think the game is fun again.
    +1million, this words are so true they will make my signature, so every(whiner)one can read them whenever i post

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    This is in a nutshell why there should only be one difficulty level.
    Amen! It worked for damn near 5 years of warcrafts lifespan, the introduction of difficulty level is such a waste of resources and time... it's a raid, you're fighting some of the biggest villains in the universe. There should be 1 difficulty for real raiding(eliminate mythic, heroic, and normal and make 1 solid difficult raid where it takes actual effort to kill the bosses.) and they should keep raid finder for those not interested in loot simply looking to finish the story line.
    Classes/Specs: Retribution Paladin, Outlaw Rogue, Frost Mage, Destruction Warlock.

Vanilla veteran of both factions since '04. Former high end player, now casually playing simply to keep up with the lore.

Deleted
    BabyRage Just take a break from WoW then?

In case you forgetting, Normal == Flex
    Of course it is easy

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    This is in a nutshell why there should only be one difficulty level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracerz07 View Post
    Amen! It worked for damn near 5 years of warcrafts lifespan,
    Hardly...why do you think they introduced multiple difficulties? Because it wasn't working. Not only that, but as the game got older, the problem was becoming progressively worse.

WoW only survived with one difficulty level because of reasons that are no longer valid now that the game is older:

When the game was new, no one was very good at the game. So making content that was challenging for the best players wasn't so far out of reach for more average players. But the longer the game went on, the bigger the gap grew.

For a long time players believed that, in time they would eventually progress through raid content. That kept them motivated even if they weren't progressing. However, the top raiders were progressing, which meant the game needed to continue to bring out new content. It was only really at the end of TBC that the truth started to become apparent: that most guilds simply wouldn't defeat most raids in TBC befor WotLK came out. Luckily (hint: luck had nothing to do with it) WotLK brought in the idea of different difficulty levels to make the content more inclusive.

the introduction of difficulty level is such a waste of resources and time...
    No it's not. Considering the massive amount of time and resources taken to build the raid, the effort involved to tune it to make it accessible to everyone is pretty much a no-brainer.

it's a raid, you're fighting some of the biggest villains in the universe. There should be 1 difficulty for real raiding(eliminate mythic, heroic, and normal and make 1 solid difficult raid where it takes actual effort to kill the bosses.)
    Not everyone is the same, which makes difficulty subjective. What I find easy (like this concept), you might find hard. And vice versa. The fact is that for most players, Normal or Heroic modes do take actual effort.

If the single difficulty was set to where mythic is, then the vast majority of people who currently raid would be unable to commit the time and effort to beat it and would stop raiding. If the single difficulty was set to where heroic is, you'd still have a lot of people being unable to beat it, while at the same time you'd have a bunch of people who steamroll it and then are bored. Set it to Normal, right, now everyone can complete it, and you have a lot of bored players.

I really can't understand how it is that anyone could seriously not understand why this game needs multiple difficulties

Deleted
    Did you stamp your feet as you typed this thread out? Maybe add a bit of spittle, dribble a bit or go really red in the face before throwing your dummy at the wall?

I love how we now excuse blizzards shit content because "normal".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    he is VERY small
    http://imgur.com/a/fj0hZ
    yup he looks small indeed, he is only a 4 or 5 floors building tall.

Can i haz your goldz?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Watch the Mythic video when one of the guilds competing for zero reward kills the boss, probably something new and interesting will happen in the fight then.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Tough shit, Argus ain't coming for many months yet.

Also, I don't consider myself as having seen a boss fight properly until I've seen it on Mythic.
    That's a pretty high standard to set, only 3%~ of the playerbase will ever properly see the fight then. Most people will see it on LFR/Normal and a lot of people will see it on Heroic.

we all know the OP is going to post a thread "Argus is underwhelming, I want (insert next xpac here) now" when argus patch is out for 2 days.

Are we in the phase now where people bash Normal mode raiders and are requesting Normal dificulty be removed from the game?

#FilthyNormalRaiders

Deleted
    I think the raid is fine but it would be even better if the lead-up had been better... I mean if there had been any lead-up at all. But it was a total missed opportunity to build up to the defeat of KJ. Broken Shore could have been soooo much better in that regard.

Very anticlimactic raid on that front. 5.2 and Throne of Thunder/Isle of Thunder blows it out of the water.