Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fury Warriors! How many of you are going over to Arms?

It seems Arms comes out on top in ToS. My intention is not to make the focus of this thread a 'which is the better spec' one (Feel free to give your opinion but don't clutter up the thread), there's so many of them up right now and the difference seems minimal with Arms coming out on top.

I'm just asking, how many of you actually went from Fury to Arms? Are you enjoying it? Why did you do it? Was it difficult to make the switch?

Quote Originally Posted by KingKop View Post
    It seems Arms comes out on top in ToS. My intention is not to make the focus of this thread a 'which is the better spec' one (Feel free to give your opinion but don't clutter up the thread), there's so many of them up right now and the difference seems minimal with Arms coming out on top.

I'm just asking, how many of you actually went from Fury to Arms? Are you enjoying it? Why did you do it? Was it difficult to make the switch?
    I would ask you to please read the current information on Fury v Arms in tomb. They're very close, if not the same, for most fights, and either pull ahead on others, although slightly.

This thread I recommend reading: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Guide-amp-FAQ

If you are in the warrior discord, you can search archi's name in the chat history and he has some good messages regarding specific encounters and arms vs fury dps if you are curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybee9084 View Post
    I would ask you to please read the current information on Fury v Arms in tomb. They're very close, if not the same, for most fights, and either pull ahead on others, although slightly.

This thread I recommend reading: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Guide-amp-FAQ

If you are in the warrior discord, you can search archi's name in the chat history and he has some good messages regarding specific encounters and arms vs fury dps if you are curious.
    I don't care who pulls ahead.
    I just want to know about some experiences of fury warriors going arms. I've read all there is to read regarding who pulls ahead. Thanks though.

Quote Originally Posted by KingKop View Post
    I don't care who pulls ahead.
    I just want to know about some experiences of fury warriors going arms. I've read all there is to read regarding who pulls ahead. Thanks though.
    Im just saying your premise is flawed, since Arms is not a significant chunk ahead of Fury, at least not enough to warrant a spec swap.

I think I may have mis-read your original post, so I'll leave you be.

I didn't swap to Arms in EN, when Arms was the best ST spec and Fury was dogshit. No way I'm going to swap when they're pretty close together.
    Last edited by Jastall; 2017-06-22 at 04:01 AM.

Deleted
    Just play what you enjoy the most, if you enjoy one of the specs more you will probably perform better because of more interest. I changed back to arms because fury is such a boring spec imo. Both specs are pretty even this tier so it wont matter much which one you choose tbh.

They'll always be tuning. How much do you gain by always switching to the hot spec atm, vs how much do you lose by being always in transition? Realizing also that the numbers in logs are averages, and that your results may vary?

Deleted
    I'm not going to switch.
    Cleared normal yesterday and today begins HC progression and Fury was in an 'OK' spot, keeping in mind that nobody had ToS gear at hands.

But the main reason is that I like the frantic dual wield fighting style and I don't want to go back to a single weapon with slow swings.

My guild has two warriors. I'll be going arms the other one will be fury.
    They both seem to be about as good.

Of course, if one spec pulls ahead by a large margin then we are both prepared to switch. It looks good right now though.

Playing both specs as always and swapping depending on the encounter. Got the new legendary helm though so there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybee9084 View Post
    Im just saying your premise is flawed, since Arms is not a significant chunk ahead of Fury, at least not enough to warrant a spec swap.

I think I may have mis-read your original post, so I'll leave you be.
    I know you said you'd leave him be but I don't think his premise is all that flawed. Check it out https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/13#difficulty=3

For both heroic and normal arms is performing on average above fury. It's pretty clear that furys aoe capabilities shine on a few fights but arms single target and cleave are better. Sure this data is going to change when people start to have T20, but look at the set bonuses... fury has mostly a single target increase from theirs while arms bladestorm bonus increases single target, cleave, and mass aoe. So with fury already falling behind on single target sure this will help there but a lot of the fights are pretty cleave heavy. Overall arms is gonna probably stay ahead.

Edit: my personal opinion on the matter is that concordance is fairly easy to farm so there is no reason you shouldn't be playing both specs, so the OP is a little unnecessary in the first place.
    Last edited by deadmanfred; 2017-06-22 at 09:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Blizzard doesn't nerf Arms more I will swap to it once I get T20 4pc. Fury has zero chance beating arms outside purely RNG-related reasons.

Fury is easier to gear than Arms.

Fury and Prot like haste so that's an added benefit to avoid carrying multiple sets.

Arms needs mastery (and execute ring) so much that trinket and legendary swaps are not meaningful enough to make it playable without a dedicated set. Fury can get away with mismatch legendaries and gear as long as it has good stat weights.

It's not enough to maintain Artifact Rank for both weapons. If you don't have the proper mastery gear don't play Arms you're just hurting yourself and the raid.

Just to clarify I find neither Arms nor Fury mechanically engaging specs, and only tolerate Prot due to Devastator. Warriors still deserve some hard QoL changes for 7.3 to fix all this ability bloat/fluff and lack of meaningful synergy.
    Last edited by ImpTaimer; 2017-06-23 at 05:52 AM.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im Fury since Classic WoW not changing arms EVER.
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go away you stinky Fury players. If you weren't reppin Arms from day one we don't want you!

Just kidding, welcome to the good side

Really though it must be a pain in the ass. I wanted to try out fury but getting the amount of haste needed would have been annoying so I gave up on that. I imagine its the same case with fury to arms.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Go away you stinky Fury players. If you weren't reppin Arms from day one we don't want you!

Just kidding, welcome to the good side

Really though it must be a pain in the ass. I wanted to try out fury but getting the amount of haste needed would have been annoying so I gave up on that. I imagine its the same case with fury to arms.
    Honestly if anyone has played warrior for any extended amount of time there isn't much reason to not have played both of the DPS specs. A smart player would play whatever gives him the best performance and toolkit for the given encounter.

Fury hasn't needed any specific amount of haste either. It's just that the more the merrier but it's been viable regardless unlike in the past where being too far from crit cap make the spec much less enjoyable. Especially with War Machine procs.

Also, this whole ordeal that I've seen with Arms warriors trying to act elitist by insulting Fury warriors lately with the tuning changes doesn't really make much sense to me. Cool you, for some reason, played an inferior spec for this last raid. Some of us "stinky Fury Warriors" were playing Arms as well as Fury long before majority of this community ever picked up a warrior. And I'm not necessarily saying you're particularly being rude or elitist, but many people in this community has for whatever reason and your comment just sort of annoyed me for that reason. It's no different than the "stinky Fury Warriors" causing the "ever-so-glorious" FR/DC/AM build to be destroyed. Because obviously there's no other logical reason for it being changed (not that this new build is any better).
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Deleted
    I adore the new playstyle (Rend/TM) and hated FR. Because of FR Arms I played Fury until this patch. When the changes rolled in, I swapped without a second thought. This Arms is the most fun I've had with it since the end of MoP (when it was also crazy fun with CS, MS, two overpower stacks etc). I am currently having a blast, I also have the ring which makes the spec even more fun. I hope they are close to each other so that I can play what I prefer, because currently I'm having the msot fun I've ever had in the Legion with this spec. Seriously, I love it.

I played Arms during Cataclysm, loved the gameplay... but I can't imagine an Arms spec without Rend/Overpower/Trauma/Deadly Calm/... being default in the class. Using Whirlwind on single target makes me want to puke and the off-gcd ability lacking aspect of Arms since they basically removed FR makes the gameplay extremely plain and boring to me because you basically have almost literally no way of managing your rage. So since I've been playing Fury from begining of legion (and actually loving the spec so bad), I'm not going to change.
    Last edited by Emimi100; 2017-06-23 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emimi100 View Post
    I played Arms during Cataclysm, loved the gameplay... but I can't imagine an Arms spec without Rend/Overpower/Trauma/Deadly Calm/... being default in the class. Using Whirlwind on single target makes me want to puke and the off-gcd ability lacking aspect of Arms since they basically removed FR makes the gameplay extremely plain and boring to me because you basically have almost literally no way of managing your rage. So since I've been playing Fury from begining of legion (and actually loving the spec so bad), I'm not going to change.
    I ground my arms weapon up to concordance and ran arms loot for a few NH runs to get relics (911 weapon, top 3 affixes on all relics). Running Ayala's and Prydaz. So far, with 2p T20/4p T19 damage is bad, lagging roughly 10-15% behind my Fury setup (probably mostly due to better itemization for fury, 926 ilevel fury weapon). I would say I have a l2play issue holding back my arms DPS, but the rotation is so brain-meltingly simple that I doubt I'm messing it up too much.

Overall, I'd say no - no chance I'll switch to arms unless it pulls way ahead of Fury. The arms rotation is just too mindlessly priority based and slow, and too often it winds up spamming slam for a few GCDs or waiting for procs/rage. The Fury rotation is so much more engaging, its CDs so much more satisfying, that I don't see how anyone could prefer arms over it, but hey different strokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zensunni View Post
    I ground my arms weapon up to concordance and ran arms loot for a few NH runs to get relics (911 weapon, top 3 affixes on all relics). Running Ayala's and Prydaz. So far, with 2p T20/4p T19 damage is bad, lagging roughly 10-15% behind my Fury setup (probably mostly due to better itemization for fury, 926 ilevel fury weapon). I would say I have a l2play issue holding back my arms DPS, but the rotation is so brain-meltingly simple that I doubt I'm messing it up too much.

Overall, I'd say no - no chance I'll switch to arms unless it pulls way ahead of Fury. The arms rotation is just too mindlessly priority based and slow, and too often it winds up spamming slam for a few GCDs or waiting for procs/rage. The Fury rotation is so much more engaging, its CDs so much more satisfying, that I don't see how anyone could prefer arms over it, but hey different strokes.
    This. I also tested Arms in raids (whipped out Alaya's for it too) and I didn't just underperform, I plain didn't like it that much. I used a Rend/Titanic Might build (because fuck boring ass FoB/Trauma with a bloody spike) and while I could see myself playing that if I had literally no other viable options, it just feels limp compared to my Fury warrior who unleashes Battle Cry/Odyn's Fury, swings his weapons with wild abandon, and has fun additions like War Machine and the self heals. Albeit the execute phase is better than the Juggernaut monstrosity we're saddled with.

Maybe I'm just the kind of guy who prefers GCD locked specs to priority based specs. Not pressing a button for any period of time is heresy to me.

Deleted
    I play both specs depends on boss, on mythic mostly arms i guess