Is there an up to date BiS list for frost?

I've been asked to reroll to mage from paladin so i'm trying to find a BiS list I can let my guild know. I can't seem to find one anywhere and i'm still learning the class so I'm not confident in what i should be picking.

Not really a BiS List because that's not really a thing anymore with all the Mythic+ Gear and Tintanforged gear.
    But a good guideline would be on wowhead.com

http://www.wowhead.com/frost-mage-gear-guide

With mage everything is a balancing act around crit cap. It will also be different depending on if you're playing glacial spike, or thermal void. Altered-time always had really good guides and is by far the best resource we have as mages. Good luck on your new adventures as a mage

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Quote Originally Posted by Urstruly View Post
    With mage everything is a balancing act around crit cap. It will also be different depending on if you're playing glacial spike, or thermal void. Altered-time always had really good guides and is by far the best resource we have as mages. Good luck on your new adventures as a mage
    I use TV and when i looked up the guide on altered time it links to another thread in regards to trinkets which didn't seem to include ToS ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathson View Post
    Not really a BiS List because that's not really a thing anymore with all the Mythic+ Gear and Tintanforged gear.
    But a good guideline would be on wowhead.com

http://www.wowhead.com/frost-mage-gear-guide
    Thank you very much! this was the kind of thing I was looking for. I'm guessing ideally i'd trade the gloves and wrists for the legendaries if I get them?

Quote Originally Posted by Merixa View Post
    I'm guessing ideally i'd trade the gloves and wrists for the legendaries if I get them?
    Wrists are very good. Shard, too. The new legendary helmet sims very good with the GS build. I don't know how it works out for TV though.
    The gloves are crap now unfortunatly because of the TV nerf.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly you might as well just pull the SimC profile.

Deleted
    very difficult.
    Assuming you play TV, bracers and shrad are nice together : it allows you to stack 4P T20 + 2P T19.
    Could be the best.
    If you do not care about keeping 2P T19, maybe the new legendary helmet + shard of exodar is slightly better.

Altered time used to be good, but it's been dead for awhile. All of the threads & info are super outdated, definitely not a good spot to point ppl to. They get like one new post every 3 days, and if anyone replies at all it's usually a meme telling people to sim it.

Someone linked an icy veins guide which is decent if you're only getting gear from raiding, but Wrathson is on the money with the first reply. Shoes from the raid are crap, as are some other slots, praying to the mythic+ rng gods is where it's at for a lot of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by fiestatastic View Post
    Altered time used to be good, but it's been dead for awhile. All of the threads & info are super outdated, definitely not a good spot to point ppl to. They get like one new post every 3 days, and if anyone replies at all it's usually a meme telling people to sim it.

Someone linked an icy veins guide which is decent if you're only getting gear from raiding, but Wrathson is on the money with the first reply. Shoes from the raid are crap, as are some other slots, praying to the mythic+ rng gods is where it's at for a lot of stuff.
    Gotta check out around the first three guides for each spec. They usually keep them updated (both Thermal Void, and Glacial Spike have been updated for this patch).
    I should have mentioned in my original post about the altered-time discord. That's where they have the main theory crafters posting all the stuff that is still in the works.
    Only thing i would say about Icy Veins is his legendary list is very outdated. And his gear list is very much up for debate. Like i said trying to balance around crit cap is very hard to do. And if you do not have the new Legendary Helm, you need to be going for Tier 19 2 set Tier 20 4set for highest damage output. That's why it's all just a balancing act =P

Also the mage discord is the only discord where all 3 specs are just lumped in one channel.

Deleted
    this. look on altered time. good guides to follow