Deleted

Cradle of Anguish

Is this trinket worth it for a beast master hunter?

Our guild runs with 4 BM hunters atm (I know I know but were casual and enforcing a balanced raid roster is kinda against the flow of our guild) 1 of our hunters has none of the top tier lego's and sucky trinkets. He sits roughly in the middle of the pack dps wise.

Last night he rolled a 940 Cradle of Anguish. Used it over his 865 BI for the sheer jump in ilvl and from the boss on was topping the meters on heavy movement fights and beating the other hunters on stationary ones. Id been led to believe this trinket was one of the worse ones for hunters and so was looking for input from others.

Deleted
    much obliged this will be useful in answering further questions ^_^

In general though, what do we think of the Cradle of Anguish? It's essentially a glorified, unreliable stat-stick.

To give you an idea, my 915 mastery stat stick has: 2372 agility, 1249 mastery
    Cradle of Anguish, assuming it's fully maxed out has: 2650 agility, 1248 haste

Is the extra 300 agility, that you probably only have for what, 3/4 of the fight assuming it's farm content, any good? During heavy progression, one could expect to dip below 50% on health very very often. This would make this trinket essentially nothing more than a glorified stat stick and worse than an equivalent level stat stick/arcano. RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    In general though, what do we think of the Cradle of Anguish? It's essentially a glorified, unreliable stat-stick.

To give you an idea, my 915 mastery stat stick has: 2372 agility, 1249 mastery
    Cradle of Anguish, assuming it's fully maxed out has: 2650 agility, 1248 haste

Is the extra 300 agility, that you probably only have for what, 3/4 of the fight assuming it's farm content, any good? During heavy progression, one could expect to dip below 50% on health very very often. This would make this trinket essentially nothing more than a glorified stat stick and worse than an equivalent level stat stick/arcano. RIP.
    Comes down to whether you can convince your healers to prioritize you over others!

It's certainly not a trinket that I'm going to go for, and would prefer to not get from a bonus roll.

Depends on the encounter/your awareness.

Theres not much going on on fights like Goroth where you'll prolly have like a 100% uptime. Contrary to that, fights like Maiden will constantly smash you below 50% life and you'll face something like an overall 60-70% uptime - which is pretty awful.

Thus, on some fights it's okay, on others it's below average. Ditch it.

Probably a bit better when paired with roots or prydaz

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    Probably a bit better when paired with roots or prydaz
    Yeah this would have good synergy with Prydaz if you already have it equipped.

Got a 915 one, feelcraft says its overvalued in sims by quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by BergErr View Post
    Got a 915 one, feelcraft says its overvalued in sims by quite a bit.
    it assumes you don't drop under 50%

Deleted
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=147015/e...onus=3561:1482
    Over 8/9 heroic fights I had from 17% up to 49% uptime on it while missing some balls due to mechanics. So far it feels like the foci.. meh.
    So maybe we'll use tome and sentinel.
    Last edited by mmoc72dc588e07; 2017-06-24 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBetrayer View Post
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=147015/e...onus=3561:1482
    Over 8/9 heroic fights I had from 17% up to 49% uptime on it while missing some balls due to mechanics. So far it feels like the foci.. meh.
    So maybe we'll use tome and sentinel.
    This post is about cradle of anguish, but anyway.

I got engine of eradication (915ilvl). Sims show that this one is a whoopie 4k dps better than my 910 Chrono shard (lul, only 4k!). Anyway, on avg (few bosses + dummy) i had 30% uptime, which translates to 1900agi/1200mastery. Its pretty easy to collect orbs as BM hunter, but i don't like it myself. Especially on progress. Id rather use a statstick 910+ with haste or mastery, than EoE.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    it assumes you don't drop under 50%
    Yea I know, but even on pulls with 100% uptime 10stacks it feels worse than BTI 880. But you gotta avoid every mechanic which is shit (like can't soak on kil'jaeden).

Quote Originally Posted by Naggash View Post
    This post is about cradle of anguish, but anyway.

I got engine of eradication (915ilvl). Sims show that this one is a whoopie 4k dps better than my 910 Chrono shard (lul, only 4k!). Anyway, on avg (few bosses + dummy) i had 30% uptime, which translates to 1900agi/1200mastery. Its pretty easy to collect orbs as BM hunter, but i don't like it myself. Especially on progress. Id rather use a statstick 910+ with haste or mastery, than EoE.
    Pretty much. The Sentinel Medallion + Foci/Stat stick (if you have one) should be the go-to for early progression until we can put our hands on mythic trinkets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jaimelannister View Post
    Comes down to whether you can convince your healers to prioritize you over others!
    Rofl... just think about it.. trying to convince your healers over this.. no matter who you are, i dont think it will go well

Unimpressed by ToS trinkets in general, the Cradle and Engine both promote negative play such as refusing to help with mechanics like soaks or move to X location etc. and both have unreliable uptimes that vary alot.

The Owl and the Tome off KJ are pretty strong but as they are both "on use" trinkets you can't combine them. I have a 930 socket Tome of Unravelling that I'm combining with an 895 socket arcano for now, but I'll swap the Tome with an Owl once I get one.