Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluen View Post
    Just a question why would u ever be forced to play a spec u dont like? Imo play what u like and show its not shit. The more u love ur spec the better u play it. If affy or destro had a huge buff i would not roll either one i would stay demo. I dont get the wow has become sooo number focused that ppl dont really care what they play they just want numbers. Dmg meter and all this logs shit has ruined wow.
    Generally its a mix of dealing with your peers and also not wanting to gimp yourself.

These kinds of expectations have existed in the genre since well before the inception of wow.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    Before they nerfed aff and destro by 5% I was sure they were going to fix Haunt to be in a better place and buff demon by 8~10%.

We WILL have more tuning before the Mythic race opens, let's hope it's good news.
    There was sort of a half hint that demo had a buff coming during the Q/A, maybe you'll get your wish.

Deleted
    The only thing I hate about playing demo is that you have to convince every single PUG in the world that demo can actually do quite well on mythic+ - it wont come near DH insane AOE burst, but works fine if the trash doesnt die in 0,2 sec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    Before they nerfed aff and destro by 5% I was sure they were going to fix Haunt to be in a better place and buff demon by 8~10%.

We WILL have more tuning before the Mythic race opens, let's hope it's good news.
    knowing how Blizzard seems to work this expansion i expect Affli/Destro nerfed further to make Demo look better without actually making it good.

Deleted
    They are going to nerf affi with another 10% next week, just to force people to play Demonology

Quote Originally Posted by sinddk View Post
    The only thing I hate about playing demo is that you have to convince every single PUG in the world that demo can actually do quite well on mythic+ - it wont come near DH insane AOE burst, but works fine if the trash doesnt die in 0,2 sec.
    I main demo and I feel your pain. Demo is fine, good even, in mythic+. Although (this could just be me) it is fairly useless in dealing with the Explosive affix.

I've been playing demo as ms since the start of the expansion. Currently just a little over 60 on the traits with t20 2pc and can pull just over 1mill DPS on a target dummy unbuffed.

Never played affi/destro at all and it's not that I have anything against them, I just actually like playing to demo's strengths and synergy with the talents/tier. It definitely, definitely pays off once you have the gear and I feel like I'm in a unique situation with a competitive advantage compared to most other demo locks without the best legendaries, stats and such.

Yes, it has its fair share of the problems that Blizz and our devoted demo brethren have already acknowledged, including the repetitive, boring DE spam, target switching and the need to have so many demons out at once for ramp up time, and these pets themselves are not very interactive and engaging etc but I feel its ST isn't too bad this tier especially with the set bonuses. You're probably still going to want to play another spec if you wanted to be more flexible and agile on the encounter and aren't as lucky with your itemization.

I'm still hoping demo gets buffs soon since nobody raves about this spec or can view highly about it since its mechanics just aren't as good.

I've even been kicked a few times in pugs for not playing affi which might sound surprising, but the majority of the player base don't understand demo other than the fact that it's probably not good because it has low representation and nobody knows much about it. A shame.
    Last edited by Drakoes; 2017-07-01 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorad View Post
    I guess it's been a while since you played demo... RR got nerfed just because of T20 and its trash right now, dont know how will it go with T20. Wakener and wilfred seems to be the go to leggos.
    it still saves you 2 GCDs which was its main design pt (using PT/SI) and with that playstyle you have so many shards on hand, you dont really need the 2nd. i see high dmg demos using RR w/ wakeners/arcano/kezzaks still. its pretty key to the spec for being able to squeeze more dmg in windows.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorad View Post
    I guess it's been a while since you played demo... RR got nerfed just because of T20 and its trash right now, dont know how will it go with T20. Wakener and wilfred seems to be the go to leggos.
    what about 4 tomb/2 NH and wilfred/kazzak? i've got al lthe demo specific legendaries and just got 4th tomb piece and have 6 nh pieces so there's some great fluidity there

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    I've been playing demo as ms since the start of the expansion. Currently just a little over 60 on the traits with t20 2pc and can pull just over 1mill DPS on a target dummy unbuffed.

Never played affi/destro at all and it's not that I have anything against them, I just actually like playing to demo's strengths and synergy with the talents/tier. It definitely, definitely pays off once you have the gear and I feel like I'm in a unique situation with a competitive advantage compared to most other demo locks without the best legendaries, stats and such.

Yes, it has its fair share of the problems that Blizz and our devoted demo brethren have already acknowledged, including the repetitive, boring DE spam, target switching and the need to have so many demons out at once for ramp up time, and these pets themselves are not very interactive and engaging etc but I feel its ST isn't too bad this tier especially with the set bonuses. You're probably still going to want to play another spec if you wanted to be more flexible and agile on the encounter and aren't as lucky with your itemization.

I'm still hoping demo gets buffs soon since nobody raves about this spec or can view highly about it since its mechanics just aren't as good.

I've even been kicked a few times in pugs for not playing affi which might sound surprising, but the majority of the player base don't understand demo other than the fact that it's probably not good because it has low representation and nobody knows much about it. A shame.
    Way to go mate. I personally take pride that we represent the least played spec, and not the community driven one *cough*'affli, cause we make it work lol!! Its the players not the spec being OP and yes it does take building 35-40% haste but man when we do!

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/22431660

Happy to help with anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Atsui View Post
    Way to go mate. I personally take pride that we represent the least played spec, and not the community driven one *cough*'affli, cause we make it work lol!! Its the players not the spec being OP and yes it does take building 35-40% haste but man when we do!

Happy to help with anything.
    Look...I have been playing Demo since the start of the expansion too...and it is good to see that you have fun playing it...but these logs won't helping anybody :S

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melamun View Post
    Look...I have been playing Demo since the start of the expansion too...and it is good to see that you have fun playing it...but these logs won't helping anybody :S
    More like a thumbs up to ppl who ignore the bullshit and still play the spec. I personally study logs to see what others use in their rotation to improve myself. Others dont its fair

Cheers

He meant they're not good enough to help anyone. I'm glad you have fun with the spec too, but you're parsing green in mythic, somehow your best % parse on Goroth is destro, even though that's arguably the only fight you should be demo out of what you've done, and your heroic parses are average at best but nothing you should be linking to show others "how to play right."

It's really hard to find a good playthrough. Mainly because you don't know what people are casting. And there are so many different ways to play a demo. I was playing yesterday and was talking to another demo who had 3 talents changed and his playstyle was completely different. Made a 150k difference. And when you're ranging from 800k-1m, that is a large dps increase.

I'm expecting,
    As part of the effort to streamline the gaming experience the Demonology specialization of Warlocks has been removed. It is felt that developer time and effort is better used on specializations and classes that people actually play. All talents points will be refunded and any class abilities or skills that are not part of the specialization but which however do specifically reference the specialization will be changed to refer to either Destruction or Affliction as appropriate.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarutak View Post
    demo is great, with RR. I am excited to see what its like with 4 piece t20
    What is RR?

Quote Originally Posted by Sakred View Post
    What is RR?
    Recurrent Ritual, the legendary shoulders.