Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    look at nighthold for example
    LFR tier- 860
    normal tier- 875
    heroic tier- 890
    mythic tier- 905
    ilvl cap- 925

I feel like the hardest content in the game should be closer to that ilvl cap, not 20 ilvls of RNG, you could farm the current tier for 5 months and not truly get "BIS" gear.
    I don't care that LFR players can titanforge an item up to the same ilvl as mythic gear, but mythic gear should be closer to that ilvl cap, say 5-10 ilvls.

I wish the numbers were smaller, but otherwise yes.

No. I shouldn't get my Mythic BiS piece from a Normal or Heroic Titanforge. Kills the item progression.

RNG Legendaries and WF/TF which goes +30 or more ilvls up are wrong.
    The rest is okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Okatan View Post
    No. I shouldn't get my Mythic BiS piece from a Normal or Heroic Titanforge. Kills the item progression.
    +

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Yes. For casual player it's perfect, for mythic raiders it needs some tweaks - titanforge should stop at current heroic raid loot, we should be able to target next legendary (or at least first one).
    That would make it perfect.

the warforge & titanforge system to this extent in legion is the worst thing to happen to the gear system in this game. It should of never gone beyond what it was in MOP.

I like it.

RNG legendaries suck though. Too much of a game changer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Looking at it from your point of view it means that things are balanced for people having inflated item levels than just that dungeon/raid gives.
    Not at all. This is going to sound a bit insulting, but look at it from the general perspective and not as a personal attack, because we don't know each other:

It could be skill-related. The raid could be (and most likely is) balanced around having a certain itemlevel according to the base drops from the previous raid, and individual bosses along the way could be a combination of gear and skill checks. For those that just aren't good enough (again, don't take this personal), the WF/TF procs can help them progress further instead of hitting a brick wall (like I hear 3/10 was for many) and staying there for the rest of the tier. That's not fun for those involved. Having WF/TF procs means more people can have more fun, even if it means some way-too-dedicated people feel forced to farm old tiers in the hopes of getting better gear.

I don't like the effect it's had on PvP gearing, but overall I don't mind it too much. I do like that non-raiding alts can have their own progression paths, moreso than in the past.

7+ Year Old Account
    The question is more about too many things to consider while changing the piece of gear - Is item with more ilvl but not best stats better then the one with best stats and smaller ilvl? Does it worth to keep set bonus assembled from items with much more lower ilvl than equipping items with more ilvl and stats? Also how to keep set bonuses when you need to equip different legendaries for each encounter? Does relic with higher ilvl not worth because of the trait? Should we not roll for the much higher ilvl trinket (which is intended for our spec) just only because the effect sucks? Is the item with lower ilvl still better only because of gem slot? I think this is really bad design if player does not know in moment the item drops if it is upgrade or not and must consider all these things and/or run Simcraft before he rolls for it...

Anyway I appreciate all the answers, it is interesting to read your opinions. I aggree the current system is good for casual or non-mythic players, but the WF/TF system is really damaging the game for everybody else. As somebody mentioned, it is hillarious to get mythic-like item from LFR. Also instead of having to drop RNG gated legendaries, we should get these awesome effects from another sources like set bonuses or class/spec specific trinkets and the game itself shouldn't be tuned around these.
    Last edited by Spiren; 2017-06-23 at 08:32 AM.

Deleted
    No, I hate it.
    Titanforging is a cancer because it completely kills gear progression, and legendaries are the dumbest thing ever seen, but I'm sure the majority of casuals will like this system that rewards everyone randomly.

I like MoP way of gearing. You took your piece with a set statistics, then you took it home with you, reforged it, enchanted it and put gem in those sockets.
    Bonus: it could Thunderforge for a SMALL increase in power, giving you more satisfaction.
    Last edited by mmoce0fbf970d8; 2017-06-23 at 07:53 AM.

I dunno why everybody wants titanforging to be capped so badly

if one in a thousand pieces that drops in a normal mode raid rolls up to mythic level, who cares? That doesn't impact anything in the grand scheme and it's fun for people to get excited about

it's not like the incentive to run higher content to get better gear is removed

Tf and Wf need to go. Don't care about the rest.

Deleted
    I am VERY casual, havent touched normal in Legion, and only been through Heroic Nighthold once because my friends took me with them...

But I like that I can somewhat hold my own being a casual by doing world quests, mythic+ and once in a while a LFR wing. so Even though I can't compete with their 910 - 915 ilvl (My mains being 897 and 894), I can still do mythic+ with them and actually have a good time!

Legion gearing so far seems very nice for my needs, I understand others might have different opinions when trying to min/max constantly, but for a casual it is as good as it has ever been

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I don't like about gearing in this expansion is the legendaries.

Deleted
    Got 950 Ring from kiljaedan on normal. Even mythic Drops 940.
    Ask yourself if this is right.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ujx View Post
    Yes! I love having BiS items in old raids if they superforge. I love not getting upgrades from week 1 of new mythic raiding because it's not titanforged better than my old gear. I love having to do instances multiple times a week on different difficulties praying for a superforge. This is clearly better than the old days where new raids were full of new upgrades.
    so much this, i remember when a new raid is released, you felt overwhelemed with the amount of upgrades.

now a fucking raid release, and you only need 3-4 boss's out of 9, that is not fun.

I don't like the current system at all.

Gear progression feels really bad at the moment. But i think it's not entirely the fault of TF/WF, RNG and stuff. One thing i really don't like is the stat priority's some classes / specs have right now. The "secondary stats > main stat" makes for really akward gear progression and gives ilvl less meaning than it should have in my opinion.

What i also would like to see is a max +5 WF on items on every difficulty. So there's still a bit of an upgrade chance but not that all the way to max crap that's in the game now.

The Problem in my eyes with a system like what we have now is stuff like BiS gear lists. Our Fury Warrior for example mentioned the following the other night at the end of our Raid. So one BiS trinket for Fury in ToS is apparently still Convergence of Fates from elisande. I'm no theory crafter and so on but it feels totally off for me that BiS gear for the current tier includes items from last tier.

Titanforged items should be capped to +10ilvl or +15ilvl. For example, 20% chance to get +5ilvl, 5% chance to get +10ilvl, 1% chance to get +15ilvl. Random "minor" bonuses like leech should be removed. Legendaries should never have existed.

I'm undecided. I'm casual scum - have hardly done normal raids, done 3 (I think) M+10, none of which were completed in time.

To add to that, I'm not a gambler. I like to see the result, to know the result. With Legion's "will it upgrade?!" I don't feel comfortable when doing world quest, weekly events or turning in hard-earned Nethershards.

Don't get me wrong, it's fun to get something very nice when you didn't expect it, like my mage got 915 Whispers in the Dark from the previous timewalking event. Though that's rare. Usually, I find myself hoping for an upgrade, and end up being ... not surprised when it didn't upgrade.

My other problem is with the random stats. Earlier in Legion, my warlock did a WQ for a stat stick trinket. It upgraded! To 860!! With Versatility :'(

I'm also experiencing OP's problem; the uncertainty of when something truly is an upgrade. Is 865 Whispers in the Dark better for my affli lock than a 880 haste/int stat stick? I don't know.

I miss the days of old, when you could buy gear with tokens/points. More predictable, but Blizzard doesn't want that predictability and has decided we don't like it either?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

It's horrible compared to every other expansion. New players will like it though I'm sure.