10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation

Allow us to put notes next to user names on the ignore list

Greetings,

I have a simple suggestion/request. Over time i tend to forget why I put someone on ignore. A few times i took people off only to regret it immediately and put them back on.

Would it be possible to attach a note to each name where we could write in the reason for putting them on the ignore list?

Thanks for your time.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

If you forget why you've put them on ignore, you probably ignore way too many people, for really petty reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by ThanksForTheMemories View Post
    If you forget why you've put them on ignore, you probably ignore way too many people, for really petty reasons.
    I have over forty people on my ignore list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I have zero.

10+ Year Old Account
    Although I only have 5 people on my ignore list, they have been there so long that I also have done this as well. Would be a welcome addition.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I have over 30, but I don't need to put notes next to their names, because all of the notes would be "flamer", "troll", or something along these lines.

I mean, why else would you put someone on ignore if not because:

1. A person is starting pointless / troll threads so you insta know to close the thread because nothing good will come out of it if the starter is a troll.

2. A person is entering discussions only to troll / flame / argue with other users cluttering the thread instead of adding anything of substance. I swear once I had to plow through 3 pages of the same 3-4 guys arguing with each other to get again to any constructive / informative posts. And I mean people not arguing based on logic and presenting reasoning, I mean the level of "you suck" "no you suck".

Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    A few times i took people off only to regret it immediately and put them back on.
    I don't remove them, you can always unfold their post if you really care to see what they said. At least the ignore warns you beforehand "careful with reading this post, don't get troll baited".

This feature is unlikely to be implemented.