Children of Men (tin hat question)

Just finished rewatching the movie and I want to know your opinion of it. Do you think this type of future is bound to happen and what might be the cause of global infertility? GMOs? Radiation from nuclear fallout? Genetic engineering gone wrong? What went wrong?

I think it was GMOs tbh. How can you trust a company that has a patent to create and end life?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if we start genetically engineering humans I can see a world where the rich are "near prefect" humans and the poor will continue to populate the original way. I doubt global infertility will happen. Nuclear fallout, maybe but humans like living so nukes are usually going to be the final option.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostPanini View Post
    Well if we start genetically engineering humans I can see a world where the rich are "near prefect" humans and the poor will continue to populate the original way. I doubt global infertility will happen. Nuclear fallout, maybe but humans like living so nukes are usually going to be the final option.
    Genetic engineering will be like cell phones, at first only rich douchebags will have access but then technology will trickle down to the masses.

Deleted
    Pass but its one of my favourite movies. RIP Jasper. The continous follow scene is up there with the hallway from Oldboy in terms of Awesomeness.

I think https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utopia_(UK_TV_series) had a good idea about how it comes about. If you havent watched it go now.
    Last edited by mmoc6b1f2f8dff; 2017-06-23 at 05:40 AM.

If you take out the scene of the spontaneous ceasefire when the baby starts crying, the movie is poor quality almost a made for TV quality. But that spontaneous ceasefire scene is what makes it a great movie and the scene is what? Only 4 minutes long?

Sex robots will reduce human fertility to almost zero. The only people left will be religious groups who shun things like sex robots.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fudgeit View Post
    Just finished rewatching the movie and I want to know your opinion of it. Do you think this type of future is bound to happen and what might be the cause of global infertility? GMOs? Radiation from nuclear fallout? Genetic engineering gone wrong? What went wrong?

I think it was GMOs tbh. How can you trust a company that has a patent to create and end life?
    I would say pollution could cause global infertility but then theres India.