Deleted

7.2.5 HOLY & DISCIPLINE PRIEST - Healing Discussion (w/ AUTOMATIC JAK )

Hi everyone - first I am not sure about the rules for video posting on priest forums so if this is considered "spam" please remove this post and I am sorry!

I have done an interview with Automatic Jak concerning Holy & Disc Priest changes and performance in 7.2.5 Tomb of Sargeras. I do not have a great deal of knowledge when it comes to priests but I think this video and Automatic Jak provides an amazing insight into priest healing and could answer some questions concerning priests in 7.2.5.

Let me know what you think

Deleted
    Great content, follow both of you on YT even tho I don't play Rdruid.

I didn't care much for the 4pt tier 19 for holy because serenity could still not crit even with close to 50% chance. so it has been better to just have the 2 piece t19 and use 900+ items over 895 tier pieces for the 4pt. if you have xanshi then that limits your set piece slots to 5. so you can't get a 2 and 4 bonus without ditching that legendary.

the 2 piece bonus is nice though and probably worth mixing with the 4pt of t20. if you can get high rolled t19. or your ok with not using xanshi.

as for disc the bonuses on tier 19 were ok and tier 20 looks to be much better but mainly just a flat increase to how much you heal with penance. the 2 piece bonus sounds really good for t19 but you don't really get to see that 30% increased healing on shielded tanks for example because the shield is consumed usually not long after you cast it. were as the 4 peice bonus makes atonement last longer when you shield ppl while rapture is active, that made rapture more powerful. not sure keeping the 2 piece of t19 will be as powerful or scale the same as the 2peice bonus does for holy. it might but only under niche situations where you shield then heal non-tanks.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-06-23 at 11:04 AM.

Deleted
    This is what I have been looking for week or two. Now I know exactly whats going on with my healing specs (main spec shadow) and how to get ready for healing if main healers doesn't show up. Definately gonna get my Concordance to my disc weapon and try M+ with it, sound good. Great stuff guys, thanks for the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    I didn't care much for the 4pt tier 19 for holy because serenity could still not crit even with close to 50% chance. so it has been better to just have the 2 piece t19 and use 900+ items over 895 tier pieces for the 4pt. if you have xanshi then that limits your set piece slots to 5. so you can't get a 2 and 4 bonus without ditching that legendary.

the 2 piece bonus is nice though and probably worth mixing with the 4pt of t20. if you can get high rolled t19. or your ok with not using xanshi.

as for disc the bonuses on tier 19 were ok and tier 20 looks to be much better but mainly just a flat increase to how much you heal with penance. the 2 piece bonus sounds really good for t19 but you don't really get to see that 30% increased healing on shielded tanks for example because the shield is consumed usually not long after you cast it. were as the 4 peice bonus makes atonement last longer when you shield ppl while rapture is active, that made rapture more powerful. not sure keeping the 2 piece of t19 will be as powerful or scale the same as the 2peice bonus does for holy. it might but only under niche situations where you shield then heal non-tanks.
    The T19 for disc was pretty much garbage all around when it was relevant. It got a bit better with shield size increasing by 50% with the fourth golden, but still; As you say yourself, you barely ever get to see the effect on tanks, and most other targets it's not relevant. If the shield persists on a DPS, getting a 30% healing boost on them just doesn't really matter because they aren't taking damage anyway. A 15 second atonement means they'll get healed up over the duration either way; The niche where they

1: Aren't taking damage (so the shield can stay on them).
    2: Need to be burst healed up for incomming damage.
    3: Need to be healed up quicker than a normal, unpowered atonement can do.

Is so incredibly small and rare that I'm not even sure I can mention a single fight in NH where that was actually the case. The closest might be Guldan's hellfires, as they drop with ~6 seconds in between and they need to be topped ASAP, but then, you don't really have globals to put out shields AFTER the hit, rather than just heal up with atonement.

The T20 disc 2pc however is a VERY solid increase; It's essentially Castigation (100% more damage on a penance bolt = 1 extra penance bolt), and the ring that allows you to pick both castigation and TOF is bis because of how strong castigation is. The 4pc is also decent, and unlike the belt, you aren't going to be mid-next-cast when the proc happens, as it works on your NEXT penance, not a reset of the cooldown. Disc can already sustain +300K singletarget easily with night hold gear, I wouldn't be surprised to break 350-400K dps with tomb gear, which translates to A LOT of HPS.