Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    If you're around 910 equipped, which sounds on the low side but okayish for H ToS, you'll have around 4 million HP if you're a "normal" spec, 5 to 5.5 if you're fury / hpal.

3.5 million hits seem really high indeed, especially considering how frequent they are and how different it is from smaller raid sizes ... Can see a nerf coming to cap it at around 3M for bigger raid sizes, but it should remain higher for higher raid sizes so as to not trivialize the mechanic by simply having more healers.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    with 15/15 split, people are getting smashed for 3.5 million
    You most definitely don't have everyone splitting the damage then. You can look at the tooltip in the dungeon journal (while you are in the raid) and it will show the adjusted damage value for your raid size. In a 27 man raid the smash's were doing 2.3mil when everyone was in to soak. Anytime a significant number of people were bombed and unable to split damage, we solo soaked them with blessing of spellwarding or layered tank cd's and externals.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by patrins View Post
    You most definitely don't have everyone splitting the damage then. You can look at the tooltip in the dungeon journal (while you are in the raid) and it will show the adjusted damage value for your raid size. In a 27 man raid the smash's were doing 2.3mil when everyone was in to soak. Anytime a significant number of people were bombed and unable to split damage, we solo soaked them with blessing of spellwarding or layered tank cd's and externals.
    This might be the case now, but I clearly see it in my logs (couple days old, so before some supposed hotfixes). Single hit is:

Hammer of Creation | 45.48m (amount) | 15 (hits) | 3.03m (avg hit)

3 million average damage doesn't sound that bad - except it includes a tank, people using defensive cooldowns, avoidance stat and versatility. In reality, a significant part of them takes >3.4kk. Not only that, but another hit is only soaked by 13 people - and yet it still does 3.01 mln on the average. There's *less* people spliting the hammer, but the avg hit is lower and total amount only 39mln.

How does that make sense? Like I said before, it's as if the damage stops splitting after certain amount of people, 10 or so, and simply increases with each additonal target. Also, if the average hit was 2.3mln, no one would die without making a massive mistake. That's M Krosus levels of damage, easily dealt with.

Last but not least - journal is rarely a reliable source of specific informations. Damage numbers are often inaccurate, especially in scaling raids.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2017-06-25 at 12:26 AM.