Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    OK. I somehow doubt this as every time I walk through an automotive test facility the exhaust is ducted away, but the word of an Internet mechanic is enough to convince me.
    That's because you have cold engines, or faulty engines running. That's why they're there.

I don't like noisy children. Can we ban all noisy children? Much more annoying and hazardous to one's health than a guy smoking a cig.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    I've never officially quit, but I have had periods where I cut back. My wife quit for good when she became pregnant with the third kid (she had picked the habit back up after #1 and #2) so I don't smoke around her, don't smoke around the kids or in the house, can't smoke in bars, most workplaces make you go outside... I'm interested in quitting also but I'm currently working on staying sober and I don't want to deal with dropping two things at once. I'd like to say I won't be smoking in a year but there's always some reason to keep going.
    Totally understand hun, you are better focusing on one thing first, then you can throw yourself at the other stuff when you have it under control, I know this very well, and wish you all the best with your sobriety

Because it is -very- profitable

It makes people too much money.

Better question: Why isn't this nerco'er banned yet?

Because it generates too much money and if you don't like it don't go near it/look at it.

Step 1: Issue everyone who smokes a licence to buy tobacco. This licence will only be issued once and lasts until you die. All tobacco products will be sold at licensed dispensaries.

Step 2: CEASE all tobacco sales to the non-liscence carrying citizens. After a few years, all current tobacco smokers will die leaving no room for new ones to be born.

Deleted
    Like others have said, money. It generates an abnormal amount of money so why stop? I mean sure it's unhealthy for you and those around as well as the environment but as long as it makes money, smoking is here to stay.

It may actually be on the way out. It's out of favor with young people more than ever. When all the old smokers die off from cancer and COPD maybe it will disappear.