Thread: Windwalker Now

Windwalker Now

how bad was the 20% FoF nerf. I want to be competitive, i really enjoy my monk but i am not looking to be bottom barrel dps. I am definitely not asking if WW is the "best" but how does it par now?

It is pretty sad. I did okay in my guild on some pulls back in NH and we had a ton of people with some nasty gear advantages over me. Now I cannot keep up with the warlocks or arms warriors. Most of the AOE in this raid isn't good enough to pad meters. I still enjoy the spec despite all my overly cynical remarks I've made over the course of PTR development but... We are definitely trash. We are only 1 spot away from SV on warcraft logs in both heroic and normal. Not a lot of parses yet so info is still limited but WW is def not going anywhere without some nice hotfix buffs

Hoped we would do better but i might warm the bench.

Think we can hope for buffs?

usually they do a last huge tuning right before the mythic version of a raid opens, so there is still some hope for WW buffs.

"Competitive" and "WW" should never be used in the same sentence for describing that spec.

WW is a fundamentally fucked spec unless they just some absurd 10-20% overall buff. Also T20 is absolute shit. Just go play a sub rogue, has good mobility, great survivability, and you won't fall asleep playing it like all other melee specs all while doing very competitive DPS.

Based on the reply from the AMA. Don't hold your breath guys. If your so bleeding edge your guild will actually sit you for monking atm your likely not posting here in this thread. That being said - on the off chance I know if I had an option I'd bring almost anything else. Classes that not only do more st AND more ae AND also have an immunity? Sign me up.

Deleted
    just delete your character or switch the class.
    im so fucking pissed right now that they cant fix WWs in the 5 years the class is playable.
    they dont give a fuck about stuff ppl write on their forums which they calculated.

it is just so pathetic that i cant find words for such a behaviour...

- - - Updated - - -

problem is:
    if you give a WW a 10-20% buff they are in the middle opf the pack right now.
    since WW has the worst scaling -> you need mid tier another buff and so on.
    they have to fix the scaling, not just giving out stupid buffs...

Deleted
    The 20% FoF nerf + Hit Combo nerf can really be felt.

To your next question: How does it par now? I think it's too early to say that exactly for the current content. But first data indicates that it's quite bad in terms of DPS. If that can be confirmed in the next few days, there will most likely be some minor buffs. And for buffs they do usually wait for more data, as buffs to single specs can potentially annoy far more people than nerfs.

BUT: WW is not one of the classes which will be buffed to the levels of the best classes / specs. If they buff it, they will make certain that it will be in the lower average and not higher. So to your question "competitive or not": That depends on your definition of competitive. If you're like me, just do some m+ instances now and then, probably look into a random raid sometimes, it's more than enough. The class plays fine for that, and I enjoy it very much. If you want to go into organized progress raiding on a high level: WW seems not to be competitive right now.

Deleted
    Well, i got in ToS this Thursday - 20 man Guildgroup. We cleared 6 Bosses and despite the fact many other people in my guild got way better gear than me - I felt pretty shit. As mentioned most of the Aoe is not ideal for Wws Kid and with other strong Aoe Classes ur not able to "prepare" ur hole Combo - this might chance in mytic but number still looking bad right now. Even with the Stack Changes to Hit Combo, dropping is still punishing. Same goes for Serenity or a bad SEF usage. Over all I think u need to be able to play Ww on a high lvl - witch needs a really good knowledge of the fight and not messing up any of ur cds. It feels really punishing. I played Ww since Mop and always loved the playstyle and class fantasy but considering the fact rerolling in legion is a big afford of time and Ww will not get decent buffs I'll probably quit the game completely

It is bad. I can only get Top DPS in AoE cheesefests like Mistress Sassz'ine. Otherwise, middle or bottom DPS. It should be a lot more rewarding to play such a mechanicaly intense class.

I'm heartbroken. As said above, you invest way too much on your class to just reroll (and I really like monk's gameplay) so I'll just play for one more month and if things seem to stay like this I'll just quit the game for the time being.

So much effort for nothing. Other classes do better while being easier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frandaero View Post
    I'm heartbroken. As said above, you invest way too much on your class to just reroll (and I really like monk's gameplay) so I'll just play for one more month and if things seem to stay like this I'll just quit the game for the time being.

So much effort for nothing. Other classes do better while being easier.
    I feel the same. I love my monk. Ever since he replaced my vanilla mage in Pandaria. Three weeks ago I resubbed, after the AK buff I farmed my way to 52 on all the specs.

Now in Tomb I see Highmaul all over again. I just love the gameplay, but it isn't fun to put the work in and end up with no rewards.

My DH and rogue feel worse gameplay wise, but do better numbers for their itemlevel. Especially rogues. So many tools. I don't want to switch but I may have to. It's sad.

I've spent too much time on my monk to switch to another class and get the right legendaries. I have a job, responsibilities, and other hobbies. I canceled my subscription, but I still have a month left. I'm going to see how it feels with this latest buff and decide what I want to do. I don't need to be the strongest, but being on the very bottom when your class doesn't scale well with gear blows. Supposedly this will put us in the middle bottom. We don't have other dps specs to choose out of unlike other classes that would fix the situation. :P
    Last edited by Height; 2017-06-27 at 04:52 PM.
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

I honestly feel like most people are using this "balance is bad" argument as an excuse to their skill a lot these times. Yes, some classes are better than the others. Some classes require more precise execution of their rotation. Some are good for ST, some for cleave and some are average at everything. But in all seriousness even the lowest "community decided" specs are actually doing comparable damage and not that far from tier SSS+ ones.

Edit: I'm not talking about anyone specifically, especially in this thread. Just about the overall trends.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    I honestly feel like most people are using this "balance is bad" argument as an excuse to their skill a lot these times. Yes, some classes are better than the others. Some classes require more precise execution of their rotation. Some are good for ST, some for cleave and some are average at everything. But in all seriousness even the lowest "community decided" specs are actually doing comparable damage and not that far from tier SSS+ ones.

Edit: I'm not talking about anyone specifically, especially in this thread. Just about the overall trends.
    Very true, I adimitelly feel a bit bad that monk is so low on the dps meter but I also admit that I currently suck on monk. If I could parse even above 90% I would probably do top dps in my guild. Until then I really have no excuse. I am going to sit infron of a dummy and learn my rotation and I feel like a lot of people could do the same instead of just blaming the class