Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaar View Post
    You're probably playing the wrong game then since the Legion is the big bad of most of the crap happening on Azeroth with the exception of the Old Gods.
    This expansion is too much one-themed its crazy.(inb4 look at its name). EN failed and Odin/ToV is fan service for vikings fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Korban View Post
    Pugged first 7 HC bosses of ToS today for the first time.

Encounters are easy and mechanics are not complicated at all. Fights are fast. It doesn't seem like a real raid, rather some filler content like Trial of the Crusader was in the Lick King. The mid-tier raid before some real raid.

Did anyone also get such feeling?

I know there's still Mythic to come out, but still...

What you think?
    you are over geared, thats all.

stop posting this shit

Quote Originally Posted by Grobovshik View Post
    This expansion is too much one-themed its crazy.(inb4 look at its name). EN failed and Odin/ToV is fan service for vikings fans.
    Nothing so simple as look at the name I promise. Can you really call this expac one themed? Just because you didn't care for parts doesn't make it one theme. We have Xavius and emerald nightmare which really didn't touch on the Legion at all. Odyn and Helya were really just a grudge match. Both of those are major lore pieces we had not seen in game for a while (Xavius popped up in Vanilla I believe) or ever.

To be honest one of my main issues with the expac until now was the lack of demon content. But we'll probably disagree as this is all personal opinion. 7.3 and Argus will probably be overwhelming in Legion theme so get ready

Quote Originally Posted by Habix View Post
    So far <500 guilds have cleared HC and OP refuses to prove he's even done it. I call shitpost...
    I didn't say i cleared it (i'm a social player and dont raid in a guild)

I pugged 8/9HC and it wasn't hard. I posted a screenshot yesterday:

http://i.imgur.com/bQa4EjL.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Easy fix. Set a upper gear cap on the new raids. Gear above a certain ilvl will be downscaled. You will feel a little weaker, but on the plus side, you get a better raiding experience. Its a compromise
    that is a good idea

not all ppl has the same problem... we are an average 905 raid and heroic its pretty good tunned for us.

Can you really call this expac one themed?
    Compare it to BC and WoTLK or even mop. En is one of the worst raids, they just killed Xavius with it.

Yeah my guild is average 905 and heroic is tuned well for that level.

Quote Originally Posted by Korban View Post
    I didn't say i cleared it (i'm a social player and dont raid in a guild)

I pugged 8/9HC and it wasn't hard. I posted a screenshot yesterday:

"social player" you mean shitty pugger... lfg is killing little guild raids unable to fill 20man for mythic.

It feels like a raid, and the best one since hfc imo.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzajd777 View Post
    "social player" you mean shitty pugger... lfg is killing little guild raids unable to fill 20man for mythic.
    So because i have a job and social life i am not allowed to play the game because it interferes with your Mythic recruiting?

Sounds legit.

Or maybe you're just a shitty guild leader?

Quote Originally Posted by Bowshewicz View Post
    To be fair, "try it on Mythic" is a perfectly reasonable response to Korban's comment that he found Heroic too easy.
    I generally agree. I just think the problem comes into play when you realize you get just about everything you want out of the raid in LFR mode. You see the scenery, you get the lore, you see the bosses, you even get similar loot.

So players end up weighing out those variables. I would ballpark that LFR is at least 80% of what Mythic is experience wise, so is it worth 200% more effort? Most people clearly don't think so.

I think a general misconception is that most of the player base CAN'T do Mythic - as if it's a question of pure skill. Really it's just about practicing and choreographing mechanics. It's also very much about scheduling. I consider myself an average player, but I have filled in on certain tiers and done Mythic with my guilds. You also see a lot of players outside of hardcore guilds getting the challenge skins in Legion with actually pretty low ilevels. That tells me they are individually pretty good, but are not interested in playing/raiding on a schedule or just are not interested in the guild drama.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzajd777 View Post
    lol. That makes literally no sense. Pugs pug because they don't want a guild or they can't commit to a raid schedule, or they're just super casual. They'd NEVER be in your "little" Mythic guild. I love how this small subsection of the playerbase that runs Mythic tends to think that it's all about us. "Well pugging is great for the health of the game but THOSE PEOPLE AREN'T RAIDING MYTHIC OMG AWFUL! RUINS RAIDING!"

I don't think a lot of people that post here or on Reddit understand just how few of the people who play this game actually ever down a Mythic boss, or better yet don't understand how few people ever even TRY Mythic.

Mythic raiders think they are the majority when they are the very small minority. lol

Deleted
    Simply from a visual standpoint your comparison is invalid. Trial was pure filler and was evident in how you fought all but one fight in the exact same boring space. You can say what you want about the fights in ToS or the lack of trash (praise the Lord), but the environments are gorgeous. After the monotony of Nighthold, Trial of Valor and Emerald Nightmare, I'm happy we got a real raid. Feels a bit like Throne of Thunder to me, one of the best raids ever.

^ ToT got 5 more bosses and amazing story in IoT. ToS is like TBC raids mixed with ulduar.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Some content, is tailored to the hardcore playerbase still. Plebs want that little bit of content changed to fit them, but I think one of the last "hardcore" bits of content left, should stay.
    Mythic is for the hardcore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grobovshik View Post
    ^ ToT got 5 more bosses and amazing story in IoT. ToS is like TBC raids mixed with ulduar.
    Learn to read. I'm talking about visual diversity.

PS: don't kill me, I love mother Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Learn to read. I'm talking about visual diversity.

PS: don't kill me, I love mother Russia.
    I like it too because its dark just like ToT. Most raids are cheesy. EN and NH make my eyes bleed.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Mythic is for the hardcore.
    Not really. When you have a lot of gear, mythic isn't crazy hard. It's hardcore if you want to go in week 1 with limited gear. Doing mythic NH at 900 pre artifact buff = hard, doing mythic NH at 915 with concordance = easy, but still harder than heroic.

If heroic is too easy, you go kill mythic bosses.

Idk what the fuss is about. If you have competent players and have M NH gear you will find it easy, if you don't then you will find it challenging. It also depends on what group you went with. Maybe you went with a less competent group when doing NH and that's why it feels easier. More than gear, being a great player doing mechanics not wiping to silly stuff and respectable DPS can be a world of difference wrt your own experience, specially the first time going into a raid.