Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    What kind of reasoning is that? If you can press one button with one finger, you can press several buttons in succession with one finger. Unless you're visually impaired.
    And cutting edge is mostly a question of your raid members.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    If you have to play with a cast sequence macro, then you shouldn't play the game at all.
    Yes im a shit player and need macros and addons to help me play, does that warrant me quitting the game, i don't think so...

The opener is the one from Riffs guide and seems to work well for me. I run with subterfuge but looking at logs Nightstalker seems to be what the higher players are using? I do have 4pc T20 but it would mean swapping out the legendary shoulders that i upgraded to 970 last week but that sims lower so will have to stick to t19 for now...

Deleted
    You don't use Toxic Blade with more than ~9 seconds left on Kingsbane. Get it right, casuals.

If you can't accept that few short smart scripts/macros have a use, there's nothing I can say that will get through.

Deleted
    Hey guys! Original poster here and I wanted to say thanks for all the inputs, lot's of experimenting to do from my side now. Have a nice day all

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arcay View Post
    All wrong...

This is the best opener for assa:

Garrote > Mutilate > Rupture > Mutilate > Vendetta - Kingsbane > Envenom > Mutilate > Vanish/TB macro > Envenom > Mutilate > Envenom > Mutilate > Envenom ....

The macro is following:
    #showtooltip Vanish
    /stopattack
    /cast Vanish
    /cast Toxic Blade

What this macro does is, that your Toxic Blade gains 100% crit from shoulders buff + 50% extra dmg from Nightstalker WITHOUT removing stealth! so if you don´t autoattack (--> /stopattack) you keep siting in stealth!!! That way you also line up the last KB ticks with TB

have fun
    I've tried all suggestions and so far your idea of how to open works flawless. I'm 902 ilvl atm and open with 3.4m dmg with prolonged on dummies (no flasks, food or aug rune). Thanks a lot for the help

Quote Originally Posted by Pzyho View Post
    You don't use Toxic Blade with more than ~9 seconds left on Kingsbane. Get it right, casuals.
    This guy is right.

The best opener I've found w/ Shoulders/Vigor/TB/Nightstalker

Garrote , Mut , Rupture , Mut , Vendetta (In between GCD) Env, Kingsbane, Mut (END CRIT BUFF, stored 5 cp) , Pool Energy for approximately 2 seconds (155 energy+), also gives time for Kingsbane to tick to the proper duration

Vanish-> Env, TB (KB should be @ 9 seconds), Mut, Env, Mut, Env etc

depending on bomb procs I've seen this burst average around 2.8M in raid, and go as high as 3.5M, low end around 2.1M

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    That doesn't work anymore and hasn't for about a week. If you want to know why, go on discord and check the pins where it's thoroughly explained.

You're assuming he has T19 though. I think it's best people start learning the opener for T20, or they'll be back here in a week asking the same question.
    it doesn´t work anymore? says who? some plebs on the rogue disc? so tell me, why does it still work for me? why do i get 3.7m toxic blade crits with a ~ 4.6mio envenom crit following?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xman View Post
    Yes im a shit player and need macros and addons to help me play, does that warrant me quitting the game, i don't think so...

The opener is the one from Riffs guide and seems to work well for me. I run with subterfuge but looking at logs Nightstalker seems to be what the higher players are using? I do have 4pc T20 but it would mean swapping out the legendary shoulders that i upgraded to 970 last week but that sims lower so will have to stick to t19 for now...
    The opener in Riff's guide is with SF instead of NS, means, you should use it if you switch to T20 at least. If you cant wear T20 without dropping Mantle, then stay with T19, or try to sim yourself if T19 2P + T20 2P sims better like it does for me, since some of my T19 pieces had a pretty low item lvl.

Ii is the first week of ToS, so there aint that many rogues wearing T20 already. This it is pretty obvious why NS is used in logs.

it doesn´t work anymore? says who? some plebs on the rogue disc? so tell me, why does it still work for me? why do i get 3.7m toxic blade crits with a ~ 4.6mio envenom crit following?
    Those number are actually pretty standard.

Regardless, I'll have another look at it with NS.

Deleted
    Those number are actually pretty standard.

Regardless, I'll have another look at it with NS.
    you do 3.7m toxic blade crits? with out the 50% dmg bonus from nightstalker? i highly doubt that... it´s usually ~ 2.2m +- for me

what i´m saying is, that i get 1 NS buffed TB crit + 1 NS buffed Envenom from ONE!!!! vanish, by using this macro.. and therefore, my opener is much more powerful than the other "standard" opener which 90% of all rogues use atm...

but well, they can´t know it better because most of the rogues just listen to those "theorycrafterblablabla" plebs on discord and never spent a minute at the dummy themselves...

my advice to ALL of you is following: just go to the fucking dummy, test things out, spend a couple of hours there and you know 100x more about the spec, than all those "ye but the rogues on discord say this and that" blabla plebs... i don´t know why every1 thinks those guys are right? They´re not some kind of gods, they´re just random players sharing their ideas and somehow most ppl believe them..

every1 said assa is going to be bad this tier... after spending hours on the ptr i knew, assa is going to be pretty strong.. yes sub is storng too, but not stronger.. we´ll see why mythic brings, when you got much more downtime (downtime punishes sub much more than assa)

i hate sub tbh, i´ll play it if i have to cause it´s doing better, but i love assa much more... so i´m also performing better as assa, than as sub... but all in all both specs are in a good spot and every1 should play whichever they prefer, because you won´t wipe cause you don´t deal enough dmg as either sub or assa... if you wipe, it´s cause of mechanics or cause other ppl play worse specs... it´s not going to be bceause of you!

you do 3.7m toxic blade crits? with out the 50% dmg bonus from nightstalker? i highly doubt that... it´s usually ~ 2.2m +- for me

what i´m saying is, that i get 1 NS buffed TB crit + 1 NS buffed Envenom from ONE!!!! vanish, by using this macro.. and therefore, my opener is much more powerful than the other "standard" opener which 90% of all rogues use atm...

but well, they can´t know it better because most of the rogues just listen to those "theorycrafterblablabla" plebs on discord and never spent a minute at the dummy themselves...

my advice to ALL of you is following: just go to the fucking dummy, test things out, spend a couple of hours there and you know 100x more about the spec, than all those "ye but the rogues on discord say this and that" blabla plebs... i don´t know why every1 thinks those guys are right? They´re not some kind of gods, they´re just random players sharing their ideas and somehow most ppl believe them..

every1 said assa is going to be bad this tier... after spending hours on the ptr i knew, assa is going to be pretty strong.. yes sub is storng too, but not stronger.. we´ll see why mythic brings, when you got much more downtime (downtime punishes sub much more than assa)

i hate sub tbh, i´ll play it if i have to cause it´s doing better, but i love assa much more... so i´m also performing better as assa, than as sub... but all in all both specs are in a good spot and every1 should play whichever they prefer, because you won´t wipe cause you don´t deal enough dmg as either sub or assa... if you wipe, it´s cause of mechanics or cause other ppl play worse specs... it´s not going to be bceause of you!
    Would you mind sharing your opener with nightstalker?

Just to get things straight, so I can test it optimally, it's with 4set T19 and fully buffed, right?

I haven't seen many people say SiN would be bad this tier. Many actually believe it will be the best rogue spec for progression.

Thanks!

https://riff.tf/guide/assassination/

Pre-Pull

Potion
    Pull

Without Mantle of the Master Assassin Tier 20 (4 Piece)

Garrote
    Mutilate till 4 to 5 combo points
    Rupture
    Mutilate till 4 to 5 combo points
    Envenom
    Vendetta
    Toxic Blade
    Kingsbane
    Proceed with normal rotation
    Vanish when you can refresh Garrote with pandemic

With Mantle of the Master Assassin Tier 20 (4 Piece)

Garrote
    Mutilate
    Rupture
    Vendetta
    Toxic Blade
    Kingsbane
    Envenom
    Vanish
    Mutilate
    Envenom
    Garrote
    Mutilate
    Envenom
    Mutilate
    Envenom

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    this one is complete b***s*** ...

Would you mind sharing your opener with nightstalker?

Just to get things straight, so I can test it optimally, it's with 4set T19 and fully buffed, right?

I haven't seen many people say SiN would be bad this tier. Many actually believe it will be the best rogue spec for progression.

Thanks!
    Garrote > Mutilate > Rupture > Mutilate > Vendetta - Kingsbane > Envenom > Mutilate > Vanish/TB macro > Envenom > Mutilate > Envenom > Mutilate > Envenom ....

The macro is following:
    #showtooltip Vanish
    /stopattack
    /cast Vanish
    /cast Toxic Blade

this is my opener, i got 2pc t20 and 2pc t19

Why you think so?

The macro is following:
    #showtooltip Vanish
    /stopattack
    /cast Vanish
    /cast Toxic Blade

this is my opener, i got 2pc t20 and 2pc t19
    Okay, a few things;

1. That guide is actually accurate and the opener is based on the 4set T20, which causes subterfuge to be stronger than NS and the opener to change.
    2. That macro, causes you to autoattack from stealth, thus resulting in an envenom without the NS buff. Changing the /stopattack order might work.

edit: It doesn't seem to work. Still trying to figure out why.
    edit 2: I can't consistently cast that last mutilate before vanish within the mantle window.
    edit 3: From the shadows keeps 'eating up' the NS buff after the TB+vanish.

Do you have logs showing it works for you? I'd love to have a look at them.

I'm trying this opener now:

Sealth --> garr - KB - rup - mut - VEND - TB - env - VANISH - mut - env - mut - garr - env - mut - env
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2017-06-28 at 11:15 PM.