Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Kil'Jaeden Tank Damage

We're having some problems on Kil'Jaeden NHC this week unfortunately.

Our tanks are getting absolutely dumpstered by his meele and felclaws, despite mitigation up.

These are the same 915+ Paladin tanks that never broke a sweat over krosus mythic damage, yet somehow KJ normal just dumpsters them.

We tried having one Tank take all 5 felclaws, that didn't work at all.

We tried having one tank take 3 and the other 2, that worked slightly better but we still had random times where our tanks would randomly get dumpstered from 60%+ HP with mitigation up.

Anything we're missing here?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    We're having some problems on Kil'Jaeden NHC this week unfortunately.

Our tanks are getting absolutely dumpstered by his meele and felclaws, despite mitigation up.

These are the same 915+ Paladin tanks that never broke a sweat over krosus mythic damage, yet somehow KJ normal just dumpsters them.

We tried having one Tank take all 5 felclaws, that didn't work at all.

We tried having one tank take 3 and the other 2, that worked slightly better but we still had random times where our tanks would randomly get dumpstered from 60%+ HP with mitigation up.

Anything we're missing here?
    There is a pin on this topic on the prot discord if they want to read that. TLDR is yes as a paladin you have no wiggle room, but it's more than managable. Use 3 SotRs to cover all 5 hits (yes, take 5 stacks), use a self heal after each hit that drops you low, pop a cd too (tyr can cover most hits) + an external. It's easily doable without an external however. Co tank MUST taunt after the 5th hit instantly.

10+ Year Old Account
    He just hits REALLY hard. Use CD's and externals as needed, and have a holy paladin babysit your tanks to keep them topped

why the hell is Normal called NHC ?

it should be just Normal or N

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    He just hits REALLY hard. Use CD's and externals as needed, and have a holy paladin babysit your tanks to keep them topped
    1. We don't have a holy pala. Our healers are shaman monk and druid

2. CDs have CD. Our Tanks are 28 Item levels overgeared for this fight. Why is it ok for it to hit this hard?

Deleted
    As stated above, paladin discord is holding some useful tips on how to handle claws.
    There is no point in splitting claws 3/2 or 2/3 as you can live through them easily.

I tanked both, hc and normal KJ and according to logs, felclaws on normal hit me for an average of 2.37m while he melees for avg 2.77m.
    keep in mind to use AD on like every 3rd rotation of claws, artifact weapon and call for sac / ironbark often enough, thats what externals are there for!
    Also important to make use of your golden trait, ensure you have good consec uptime and use 2pc T19 to get 60+% DR with sotr.

not a big problem at all, felt like the demon withing hits way harder..

armory rodyshock-blackrock

edit: iirc i even played seraphim for normalmode
    Last edited by mmoc43a2f48242; 2017-06-24 at 03:28 PM.

yep 906 at the time prot pally, got wrecked. We had 2 pally tanks one went ret and a druid bear.. his damn off spec and could take 8-9 stacks and be okish. 5 was nothing for him. While the healers had to rotate externals on me and i had to save all cool downs for those leaving me open at other times. Fight shows oh OP bears still are.... we got it with one bear and myself but so many one shots while at 70% + hp.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    Fight shows oh OP bears still are.... we got it with one bear and myself but so many one shots while at 70% + hp.
    ^that hurts my feelings so bad ..

Deleted
    Hè hitted quite hard yea for nm. As a veng dh (ilvl 912) i had no issues at all. Its Just a matter of timing ur AM/cds. On 3+ stacks i was popping my demon spikes + soulcarver, the next swap demon spikes + fiery brand etc. The only thing i had issues with was the big meteor soaking, needed An external once in a while.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post

I really don't get this as well; what the hell does NHC stand for? Non-Heroic?

10+ Year Old Account
    2. CDs have CD. Our Tanks are 28 Item levels overgeared for this fight. Why is it ok for it to hit this hard?
    Because that's part of the threat of the fight. Other bosses have high raid damage, KJ has high tank damage

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by butterknives View Post
    I really don't get this as well; what the hell does NHC stand for? Non-Heroic?
    Pretty much, yeah.. It makes no sense, since 3 difficulties are "non-heroic"

Deleted
    1. We don't have a holy pala. Our healers are shaman monk and druid

So you have ironbark, cocoon, and sac from each tank as externals to play with. It's not 'ok' that palas are this squishy compared to other tanks, but as pointed out its more then managable with good play. Hopefully blizz reduces the gap between tanks here.

Deleted

Reminds me of people who abbreviate million to "kk" instead of to "m"

Just .... why

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Man knows what am sayin

Deleted
    912 ilvl dk tank here,
    Got no problem tanking it, 5/6 stacks at a time, with my drood mate.

Probably because mythic krosus, if well switched, did very few damage to tanks.

EDIT :
    We didnt took the apocalypse tho, let dps with immunity take care of those

in financial notation, thousands are denoted as "M" and millions are donated as "MM". Not sure why, but its industry standard.

ie.

$50M = $50,000
    $50MM = $50,000,000

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Because K stands for kilo which is 1000. KK means 1000 * 1000 = 1,000,000. That has some sense. NHC means nothing.
    I don't ever use it myself but always assumed it was "Non-Heroic"

Best option is to make your tanks play another class. Paladins have been really terrible all expansion long, they take considerably more damage and can't reliably survive 2 hits from some things where other tanks can take 3-4 hits and still be fine.

There were many cases for example on Cenarius where I know guilds had Paladin tanks swap to their alts with significantly lower iLvl to do the boss simply because they couldn't survive tanking 4 Drakes.

Quote Originally Posted by genbag View Post
    912 ilvl dk tank here,
    Got no problem tanking it, 5/6 stacks at a time, with my drood mate.

Probably because mythic krosus, if well switched, did very few damage to tanks.

EDIT :
    We didnt took the apocalypse tho, let dps with immunity take care of those
    you took 6 stacks?

And yes you're the best tank classes for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

NHC - Normal Heroic?