So i did the new artifact challenges from Mage Tower...

What a treat to healers!
    Blizz always did great on dps mechanics, but they truly 180d these quests.
    I returned after 5 month break, fresh into 7.2.5, after doing my flying i discovered these challenges...
    First, i got a few tries of healing and decided that 2.8kk hp and level 34 artifact just doesn't cut it
    After a day i got my ilvl to 890 (3.3k hp) and artifact to like 45, got drums, flasks and all the stuff and wiped over 80 times (getting to phase 2 only 4 times).
    My Dark Souls persona was very pleased with masochism. The attention to everything gotta be so perfect throught a 20 minute run it's insane! Then i did a perfect run and did it on my first time vs a boss, died at 1%(if only i had prydaz..) but completed. Thanks, party members!

And then i did a DPS challenge.. Instance with 1 phase, generic switch adds and focus-kick felt so bland compared to mana archers and arcane fuckers, got it on 4th try when i actually used a flask and drums (my ww was 3kk hp) didn't even get to use my leg cloak for karma ://
    I think i should get my tank weapon out of the bank...

What challenge out of 3 did you like best? Am i just garbage at healer or is it really 500% harder than dps?

Quote Originally Posted by torjey View Post
    What a treat to healers!
    I returned after 5 month break, fresh into 7.2.5, after doing my flying i discovered these challenges...
    First, i got a few tries of healing and decided that 2.8kk hp and level 34 artifact just doesn't cut it
    After a day i got my ilvl to 890 (3.3k hp) and artifact to like 45, got drums, flasks and all the stuff and wiped over 80 times (getting to phase 2 only 4 times).
    My Dark Souls persona was very pleased with masochism. The attention to everything gotta be so perfect throught a 20 minute run it's insane! Then i did a perfect run and did it on my first time vs a boss, died at 1%(if only i had prydaz..) but completed. Thanks, party members!

And then i did a DPS challenge.. Instance with 1 phase, generic switch adds and focus-kick felt so bland compared to mana archers and arcane fuckers, got it on 4th try when i actually used a flask and drums (my ww was 3kk hp) didn't even get to use my leg cloak for karma ://

What challenge out of 3 did you like best? Am i just garbage at healer or is it really 500% harder than dps?
    I'm pretty sure someone of 870 ilvl who has almost no experience with windwalker could beat the challenge.

It's very, very, VERY easy.

Deleted
    What a treat to healers!

I have only done tank challenge on brewmaster, vengeance and gotten it to like 5% on prot paladin and I can say it's really, really hard. I bet it's among the harder challenges

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    I'm pretty sure someone of 870 ilvl who has almost no experience with windwalker could beat the challenge.

It's very, very, VERY easy.
    It's easy difficulty. Not very, very, VERY easy. With that many very's including a full caps very, I'd expect to just walk in and autoattack to victory. It's still considerably harder than a lot of heroic raid bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    By FAR the tank one was my favorite to do.

Like you said, the DPS one was a joke, got it while still in the "learning" phase of not using flask/food/drums. Once you get to the worm it's GG since you have 10000 ways to interrupt/cc/heal yourself. Took me like 4 tries like you.

Healing one was actually my least favorite (and the first challenge I completed since I was healing main) simply because of how long it takes. If you wipe on the 2nd to last phase, that's like 20 min you just lost. Got it in like 30 or 40 tries.

Tank one on BrM took me about 150 tries. I didn't have any tanking leggos, went in with Prydaz and Sephuz. But the encounter was FUN. A lot of shit happening, a lot of chaos and you not only need to meet the mitigation check but also a DPS and CC check or you'll lose. The worst part is the RNG factor though, you're very reliant on Velen's orbs and sometimes he places them right on top of each other or right on top of you when you don't need them.

But if you want a real fun challenge, I suggest doing the BrM tank challenge. I went and did it on my BDK and VDH afterwards and got it on my 6th try on my VDH and my 10th try on my BDK. It's SO much easier on those tanks (also because I was already used to encounter after wiping over 100 times on BrM )
    Last edited by Saverem; 2017-06-26 at 06:12 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama