Deleted

Question is MM really this strong in ToS??

Was looking at the logs, sad seeing SV so low , but is MM is the best spec right now??

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes and the gap will only widen as more people get 4set
    start9

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda11 View Post
    Was looking at the logs, sad seeing SV so low , but is MM is the best spec right now??

Gonna have to wait for Mythic to see the real picture. Heroic is just too light on mechanics to be a good realistic DPS measurement.

In an environment where MM can just stand still and turret, its bound to shine. If it didn't then it wouldn't compete with BM or even Surv in more realistic scenarios as the spec's DPS plummets as soon as there's movement.

Deleted
    its way too early to draw conclusions. in the posted logs mm gains a huge overall advantage through mistress cleave. on all other fights theyre fairly close. t20 looks extremely promising for mm though.

Deleted
    Feels like you should have both bm/mm leveled.. Marks for the more aoe/cleave fights and BM for ST/movement

I am sure people will link sims of Marks tier 20 being better then BM on ST.. what they dont take into account is movement/mechanics and overall ease of the BM spec

Quote Originally Posted by Snootylol View Post
    Feels like you should have both bm/mm leveled.. Marks for the more aoe/cleave fights and BM for ST/movement

I am sure people will link sims of Marks tier 20 being better then BM on ST.. what they dont take into account is movement/mechanics and overall ease of the BM spec
    Thats is what i am doing.. why you only focus in 1 spec when you can play and enjoy both...

BTW i really want that trinket from maidens !!!!!!

MM with full tier and heroic gear etc, is like 160k dps ahead of bm. So even with medium movement, MM smashes BM on st.

It has to be extremely high movement, for BM to win on ST.

If you're a good player, MM will always beat BM (Once fully geared), if you aren't, you'll find situations where BM can win. (Aside from extremely high movement fights, which at the most there may be 1 of those on mythic, but unsure)

Deleted
    Will have to wait and see on mythic and how harsh the movement/mechanics are..

That 160k diff is what a patchwerk sim with perfect gear right? seems like a lot but like i said with mechanics/movement that gap should close a lot imo.. no matter how good you are.. an lets face it the majority here aren't doing 95+ logs.. i'd take BM over MM on the more st focused bosses for progression/learning fights anyway for obvious reasons

Wouldnt be shocked to see another MM tier nerf anyway.. so def worth to have both
    Last edited by mmoc3d00caac28; 2017-06-26 at 12:30 PM.

That 160k diff is what a patchwerk sim with perfect gear right? seems like a lot but like i said with mechanics/movement that gap should close a lot imo.. no matter how good you are.. an lets face it the majority here aren't doing 95+ logs.. i'd take BM over MM on the more st focused bosses for progression/learning fights anyway for obvious reasons

Wouldnt be shocked to see another MM tier nerf anyway.. so def worth to have both
    Even if you remove MMs 4pc completely, still like 80k ahead of BM, so pretty equal on medium movement fights.

Theres another hunter we play with that isnt really that good, who has recently either gotten much better or MM has changed enough that he pushes my BM in raids nearly every fight unless its constant movement.

As such I am putting AP into marks again and i need to learn to play it. I havent even tried since before i hit 110 lol.

Deleted

Well we were doing 95+ until they made us play zoo with crit gear, so now we have RNG and no optimal gear to support that, some of us need to farm a good COF too, cause we were passing them to our MM buddies because it wasnt good back then. Apparently you need to lootwhore left and right since the devs cant make up their mind

The move to t20 is overall a massive hit for both BM and Surv, both of which had very strong t19s.

t20 is average for BM, very bad for SV and really strong for MM. Combined with MMs more forgiving rotation(in 725) and BMs penalty for 2 charge baseline(trait nerfs) it leaves MM ahead overall for hunter specs.

With fights like Sasszine, Desolate Host, Harjatan and Kil'jaedan all having constant or long living adds throughout the whole fight - MM has just another major advantage.
    This gap will only widen too, with more MM hunters getting full t20 and the new ring. Plus learning the fights and reducing their movement, MM is gona rock this tier unless BM/SV get thrown a lifeboat.

Fortunately I'm only in a top 300 guild who will never force me to play a spec I don't want to, so I'm staying BM and I'd encourage the rest of you dreamers that are not in cutting edge guilds, to just play what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    The move to t20 is overall a massive hit for both BM and Surv, both of which had very strong t19s.

t20 is average for BM, very bad for SV and really strong for MM. Combined with MMs more forgiving rotation(in 725) and BMs penalty for 2 charge baseline(trait nerfs) it leaves MM ahead overall for hunter specs.

With fights like Sasszine, Desolate Host, Harjatan and Kil'jaedan all having constant or long living adds throughout the whole fight - MM has just another major advantage.
    This gap will only widen too, with more MM hunters getting full t20 and the new ring. Plus learning the fights and reducing their movement, MM is gona rock this tier unless BM/SV get thrown a lifeboat.

Fortunately I'm only in a top 300 guild who will never force me to play a spec I don't want to, so I'm staying BM and I'd encourage the rest of you dreamers that are not in cutting edge guilds, to just play what you want.
    Same here, but it would be nice to see a buff to BM's AOE. Compared to other ranged our AOE is pretty lacklustre at the moment. And when I say lacklustre I mean BM is literally dead last amongst ranged specs for AOE fights at the moment. Our single target is fine though.