Deleted

Mythic+ failed timer gives same dungeon key?

So i ran like 5 mythic+ dungeons with failing with the timer, but still finished, and every time we got key same dungeon -1 level.

However, the communication said we should get key to a random dungeon in this case. This thing is changed, bugged, or we just had "luck" to get always the same dungeon by the RNG? Did anyone ever get different key than actual dungeon after failing with the timer?

If you complete the dungeon but don’t make the timer, you’ll get a Keystone for a random dungeon that’s 1 level lower than the one you just used.

It's always the same key if you don't complete it in time.

Blizzard probably changed it before the patch went live, and made it this what to prevent dungeon dodging.

When does the key deplete if you don't complete the dungeon? For example, I get a 13 and only want to do a 12. Does it deplete as soon as you leave the group? Question came up yesterday.

Deleted
    As soon as you start the dungeon. If you finish in time, it upgrades, otherwise it remains unchanged.

Quote Originally Posted by madar View Post
    So i ran like 5 mythic+ dungeons with failing with the timer, but still finished, and every time we got key same dungeon -1 level.

However, the communication said we should get key to a random dungeon in this case. This thing is changed, bugged, or we just had "luck" to get always the same dungeon by the RNG? Did anyone ever get different key than actual dungeon after failing with the timer?
    They changed this without telling anyone, if you fail the timer, whether completing the dungeon or disbanding, the keystone goes down 1 level for the same exact dungeon.

My proof is running Upper Kara 13 on 3 separate keys yesterday and missing the timer and all 3 of them turned into a 12 Upper. The keys actually changed to a 12 Kara once the timer went over the fail time, so i guess this is the new way.

Deleted
    In the first ID, it was even worse: When you played the "depleted" -1 key in time, you still go the same dungeon +1. At least it happened to us in 4 separate cases. Could still be VERY bad luck, but I don't think it was.

I think they fixed that this ID because several keys now changed after re-upgrading them to the original level.

Deleted
    They fixed this, now giving different (random) key if you fail with the timer. Better now.

Quote Originally Posted by madar View Post
    They fixed this, now giving different (random) key if you fail with the timer. Better now.
    Just as in right in the moment we set back our upper kara key to 9 from a 13, are you US?

Or perhaps they fixed it that when you instantly reset it (and don't run out of time) it remains the same instance, and when you really fail the timer it gives a random one.

Just confirmed how it works: When you start a m+ instance, your keystone instantly is reduced by one level but remains the the same instance. If you fail the timer, but complete the instance, the key keeps the level but gets a randomly selected new instance.
    Last edited by Puri; 2017-06-29 at 08:39 PM.