Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    https://www.destructoid.com/rumor-sn...--444727.phtml

Rumor: Destructoid's Jonathan Holmes talked to three Gamestop managers about a company wide meeting earlier this year with Nintendo over the SNES Classic, and it looks like the SNES Classic is just to drum up hype, headlines, and foot traffic.

Just gonna quote the relevant passages:
    Wouldn't be remotely surprised, and this is why I hate Nintendo. On the one hand, I see their games and just want to play them all, the genuinely look fantastic and put more of a focus on "fun" than storytelling or anything else.

But their business practices are so fucking terrible and they make so many awful/anti-consumer decisions that I find it hard to really feel good about spending money on their shit.

Deleted
    My scalper senses are tingling.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Be quick on pre-ordering if you want one when they become available. I know people who ordered a NES classic via retailers months before it came out that Nintendo were ceasing with production and didn't get one.
    I believe there was no pre-ordering for the NES though?

At least, Gamestop didn't have it offered, and neither did Amazon. It was a "First come, first serve" type of deal.

Which I literally NEED this SNES one, but I feel like this will be harder to get than the NES.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Which I literally NEED this SNES one, but I feel like this will be harder to get than the NES.
    Yup, I'm fully expecting to spend months trying to get a unit, only to end up frustrated and angry with Nintendo for being pieces of shit. And unwilling to spend hundreds to some piece of shit scalper who nabbed multiple units to sit on.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yup, I'm fully expecting to spend months trying to get a unit, only to end up frustrated and angry with Nintendo for being pieces of shit. And unwilling to spend hundreds to some piece of shit scalper who nabbed multiple units to sit on.
    I would hope that they learned from the NES and decided to make more than last time, but at the same time, I also expect that the SNES is going to pull far more people than the NES did due to the popularity, and the selection of games on the SNES being far better than what the NES had.

Also, tacking in an unreleased game Star Fox game is sure going to draw attention, even if it's from the niche players.

I have never pre-ordered anything so fast before in my life.

I know that feeling all too well. I am still looking for a switch and then I see scumbags like this.

https://gameaddik.com/editorials/sto...ock-guy-ahead/

It's a mild annoyance for me, and yeah, I'd like that knock that smug look off his face, but I'd be SUPER pissed if I was trying to get one for a kids birthday or something like that.

And yes, maybe he's not the villain that he appears in that picture, but I'm not proud of the reaction that gave me upon seeing the picture.

10+ Year Old Account
    or.... you just build a Raspberry Pi/RetroPi setup.... boom... done.
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

I would hope that they learned from the NES and decided to make more than last time, but at the same time, I also expect that the SNES is going to pull far more people than the NES did due to the popularity, and the selection of games on the SNES being far better than what the NES had.

Also, tacking in an unreleased game Star Fox game is sure going to draw attention, even if it's from the niche players.
    Nintendo, learn? Lol, especially with the reports that this console is largely designed as a marketing gimmick. They're going to keep stock low intentionally, just like they did with the NES mini and with Amiibo and shit. Even if it wasn't by design, they wouldn't fork out to ramp up production to reasonable levels, as we're seeing with the shortages for the Switch.

Nintendo is going to continue to Nintendo, but thanks to the fact that they make great games and have a massive fandom built up they'll continue to get away with it.

Nintendo, learn? Lol, especially with the reports that this console is largely designed as a marketing gimmick. They're going to keep stock low intentionally, just like they did with the NES mini and with Amiibo and shit. Even if it wasn't by design, they wouldn't fork out to ramp up production to reasonable levels, as we're seeing with the shortages for the Switch.

Nintendo is going to continue to Nintendo, but thanks to the fact that they make great games and have a massive fandom built up they'll continue to get away with it.
    Well, that was actually going to be my example is the Amiibos. At the start, yeah it was awful, but within a few waves, they did end up making sure there was more in stock, and then re-releasing some of the older, rarer amiibos (like Villager and Marth).

Buy em while you can, sell em a week later when they run out of stock.

only 21 games though,. seriously - hope it gets hacked quick and they allow more games to be added.

Then again,. rasperry pi 3, with retropie - and you got thousands of games at your fingertips with no questions asked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post

only 21 games though,. seriously - hope it gets hacked quick and they allow more games to be added.

Then again,. rasperry pi 3, with retropie - and you got thousands of games at your fingertips with no questions asked.
    I love my retroPi. Best thing since sliced bread. :P
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

Wouldn't be remotely surprised, and this is why I hate Nintendo. On the one hand, I see their games and just want to play them all, the genuinely look fantastic and put more of a focus on "fun" than storytelling or anything else.

But their business practices are so fucking terrible and they make so many awful/anti-consumer decisions that I find it hard to really feel good about spending money on their shit.
    Couldn't agree more and it kills me how people praise Nintendo all the dam time. I really wouldn't be surprised if VC gets delayed until after this system ships, if it even happens at all.

Would really love to get this for my Mom, but finding one will be next to impossible.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, that was actually going to be my example is the Amiibos. At the start, yeah it was awful, but within a few waves, they did end up making sure there was more in stock, and then re-releasing some of the older, rarer amiibos (like Villager and Marth).
    And then they turned around and made more limited again (BOTW Amiibo's)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post

Ya at this point, I'm thinking of just making a retropie...
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Couldn't agree more and it kills me how people praise Nintendo all the dam time. I really wouldn't be surprised if VC gets delayed until after this system ships, if it even happens at all.
    At this point, why they don't have any kind of unified, account-bound VC system for their consoles is beyond me. Hell, even if you had to re-buy games per-platform but could do so at a discount if you already owned it on another system it would be a massive improvement over the disjointed nonsense they have in place now.

Nintendo is like a time capsule looking into how companies made decisions a decade ago.

At this point, why they don't have any kind of unified, account-bound VC system for their consoles is beyond me. Hell, even if you had to re-buy games per-platform but could do so at a discount if you already owned it on another system it would be a massive improvement over the disjointed nonsense they have in place now.

Nintendo is like a time capsule looking into how companies made decisions a decade ago.
    Yep, Personally I would buy the VC games if I knew they could carry over to the next platform. Its one reason I try to avoid digital goods outright on any platform.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

And then they turned around and made more limited again (BOTW Amiibo's)
    The ones that are being restocked again you mean?
    Just picked up the last one I needed 2 days ago from Gamestop, who previously had none since launch.

You're thinking of the new Zelda amiibos, which Amazon screwed up on ridiculously.

You're thinking of the new Zelda amiibos, which Amazon screwed up on ridiculously.
    Nope I mean the ones I talked about and yes they was quite limited. Doesn't matter if they are restocking them now, the original stock was limited.

If I was talking about the Zelda ones Amazon fucked up on, I would have said so.

Nope I mean the ones I talked about and yes they was quite limited. Doesn't matter if they are restocking them now, the original stock was limited.

If I was talking about the Zelda ones Amazon fucked up on, I would have said so.
    It very much does matter that they're restocking them, because that's exactly what I said from the start, they restocked the problematic ones, ergo, you literally proved nothing.

It very much does matter that they're restocking them, because that's exactly what I said from the start, they restocked the problematic ones, ergo, you literally proved nothing.
    So if they restock the NES Classic in 2 years everything is ok????

You clearly are missing the point, Not surprised ether.

http://kotaku.com/nintendo-announces...sic-1796418700

Kotaku reached out to Nintendo about the SNES Classic and added an update to their original article.

But basically, what Nintendo said is they are planning to have significantly more SNES Classics than NES Classic, but have no plans to continue shipping the system after the end of the 2017 calendar year.