Red face Tarnished Sentinel Medallion - received tunning changes (?)

I have seeing the sims from Azortharion and now Tarnished Sentinel Medallion with the Engine of Eradication is going like bis for BM hunters. (Except you have ona BTI or Unstable Arcano titanforge)

Now my question is what was the changes for Tarnished? Havent seeing anythign yet or i am missing something.

Item Level 900+
    Binds when picked up
    Unique-Equipped
    Trinket
    +1,180 Mastery
    Use: Call upon a spectral owl to attack your target, inflicting 72001 Arcane damage every 1 sec for 20 sec. Your ranged attacks and spells against the same enemy have a chance to make the owl perform an additional attack for 84002 damage. (2 Min Cooldown)

Cheers to all!

Quote Originally Posted by nidosarg View Post
    I have seeing the sims from Azortharion and now Tarnished Sentinel Medallion with the Engine of Eradication is going like bis for BM hunters. (Except you have ona BTI or Unstable Arcano titanforge)

Now my question is what was the changes for Tarnished? Havent seeing anythign yet or i am missing something.

Item Level 900+
    Binds when picked up
    Unique-Equipped
    Trinket
    +1,180 Mastery
    Use: Call upon a spectral owl to attack your target, inflicting 72001 Arcane damage every 1 sec for 20 sec. Your ranged attacks and spells against the same enemy have a chance to make the owl perform an additional attack for 84002 damage. (2 Min Cooldown)

Cheers to all!
    There weren't changes, they are just 2 very powerful trinkets. The Owl is up for a good 20 seconds and when paired with BW you can get in a lot of attacks for extra procs. Also, maybe there's a bug where Mastery is increasing the damage of the Owl as it would a pet.
    As far as Engine, it's a nice proc and as BM you have free full movement to grab orbs and increase the effect duration without losing any dps for it.

Oh i get it..

so should i make a macro for bw and trinket anduse it every bw to get the most sinergy?

I havent done a test of how much time is the "real cd" from bw with all the procs from db/df..

But it think every 2 bw we can use 1 trinket use (?)

- - - Updated - - -

I think the buff is the time use reduction bro..

2 min to 1 min ingame:
    Last edited by nidosarg; 2017-06-26 at 09:08 PM. Reason: added pic

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is medallion so good? I don't see it.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Oh i get it..

so should i make a macro for bw and trinket anduse it every bw to get the most sinergy?

I havent done a test of how much time is the "real cd" from bw with all the procs from db/df..

- - - Updated - - -

2 min to 1 min ingame:
    I'd look into it some more. Do some sims or just test it in game on the target dummy. I'm just guessing that it might benefit from BW.

it can out
    damage crows on st fight!

I will be doing some test thanks to Effin that explain to me how to use simcraft correctly to compare gears.

Deleted
    I got a 900 ilvl owl trinket and simmed it... and looked bad.. worse than the bti 885 socket i was wearing. As far as the usage goes, i was told that you need to open everythingh that gives you + dmg and then use the trinket. Mastery doesnt change its value on the usage, but if you use BW you ll see its dmg will go up. The same goes for the 2pc t20 proc, that also increases its dmg, so if you hit BW and do some cobra kill cobra kill and then use it you ll apply the biggest dot. Still i am not sure if that is the correct usage. In any case when i tried it on target dummy myself, i noticed a drop on my dps compared with the BTI. To this point i really dont know how the simms on the guides show it as bis. Maybe you need an insane of ilvl owl for it to be good?

- - - Updated - - -

What about the Tome of Unraveling Sanity? Anyone used it?

So yeah was nerfed 15%.

Info from Trueshot Lodge Discord.

Trinket sims have been updated on the spreadsheet for all specs. Most notable change is that the Tarnished Sentinel Medallion was recently nerfed by 15%, so it is a bit less overpowered.

Oh i get it..

- - - Updated - - -

2 min to 1 min ingame:
    The trinket you linked isn't the owl, it's the tome of unraveling sanity.

Damn i am so blind. I miss read the name of the trinket.

Mod /Close this thread my bad.

Hi guys! Is this trinket still BiS for BM? Does the summoned Owl count as a pet? (Benefit from mastery?)
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Why is medallion so good? I don't see it.
    I just got a normal one tonight and in one target dummy session it was averaging 3-3.5m damage over the 20 seconds. Add to it that it's a mastery stat stick and it's not bad dps. I only use it on single target though.

did 2.5% of my damage, not impressed

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    did 2.5% of my damage, not impressed
    Then you're doing it wrong. Does anywhere from 5-7% of my damage depending on procs/how long the fight is.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Belichick View Post
    Then you're doing it wrong. Does anywhere from 5-7% of my damage depending on procs/how long the fight is.
    No im just blind, the damage shows up as 2 different sources in my log

Deleted
    Got one of these last night does somewhere from 7 to 10 mil damage from the owl per use. What i found out is that it scales with versatility, haste (owl hits more times in those 20 sec) and BW; it does not scale with agility or mastery. This 930 with a sockes sims 5k dps better than my 925 tome. Its a matter of a more bursty gameplay over a more linear dps... Oh and they both sim lower than my 880 arcano.

Quote Originally Posted by venomancer View Post
    Hi guys! Is this trinket still BiS for BM? Does the summoned Owl count as a pet? (Benefit from mastery?)
    Thanks.
    Based on public logs it's clear it doesn't benefit from BM's Mastery. It also doesn't benefit from Bestial Wrath.

I read somewhere that it does count as a pet only for purposes of Way of the Cobra (10% more damage on Cobra Shots per pet). However, I haven't tested it to confirm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    Based on public logs it's clear it doesn't benefit from BM's Mastery. It also doesn't benefit from Bestial Wrath.

I read somewhere that it does count as a pet only for purposes of Way of the Cobra (10% more damage on Cobra Shots per pet). However, I haven't tested it to confirm.
    It does scale with BW, i haven't looked for the cobra shot buff but both the owl's attacks get buffed by BW.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ability=242571

201k max crit with no BW on raider's training dummy

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ability=246442

253k max crit with no BW on raider's training dummy