ETC / D.Va Combo Thoughts

Hey All,

I've been keeping up with all the tournaments and watching some of the top streamers and it got me thinking of an interesting front line for games. My buddy and I have been working a ETC / D.Va wombo combo of Mosh Pit + Self Destruct and wanted to get thoughts on why we don't see that really. Throw in a Malfurion roots for extra CC into it and you could even allow your D.Va to spec into the longer cast time for Self Destruction and really do damage. I know there will always be certain comps that could counter it like a Stitches with the hooks, but wanted to get thoughts on it. It's definitely a blast to line it up and watch as the other team panics.

Cheers!
    Vdark

10+ Year Old Account
    It is simple, E.T.C. has quite a lot counters in meta now. Ranging from Greymane's Cursed Bullet, Genji's hyper mobility to Heroes with interrupt like Anub'arak or Li-Ming while Uther with Guardian of Ancient Kings preventing a ton of follow up damage coming on Mosh Pit or Powerslide targets. On top of that freshly released Malthael melts any tank.

Another thing is, in high level play it is hard to execute as most people will immediately recognize the wombo combo.

Deleted
    In addition to what RH92 said, both are painfully weak before 10 and ETC feels really squishy compared to Anub, Arthas, Stiches.

15+ Year Old Account
    The moment you see the other team picking ETC/D.Va is the moment you counterpick a ranged with CC - eg Falstad with Gust.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    In what region is this a thing? I watch HGC mostly and only EU streamers... but this combo - totally unknown to me. So - since I am interested if its new and good - who does this, who thinks this is good? Missed HGC china today - was this a thing there?

Quote Originally Posted by Zahard View Post
    In what region is this a thing? I watch HGC mostly and only EU streamers... but this combo - totally unknown to me. So - since I am interested if its new and good - who does this, who thinks this is good? Missed HGC china today - was this a thing there?
    I haven't seen it in HGC at all. I was just thinking of something different than what we are currently seeing. Right now in HGC it's about a 15 character pool that we are always seeing. I would like to see in some patches where that starts to adjust more. I know it's about the same in LoL with about a 20 champion pool or so for more top level players to pick.

I'm currently in the Silver 1-2 HL so I'm always seeing troll comps from players and that got me thinking of running something like this ETC / D.Va comp. What other kinda unknown duo's do we think could be interesting to go with that we don't normally see?